MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iCannotEatSugar

Default Minor hiccup during weapon pick-ups

Hello there, I don't know if this happens to anyone else but here we go. In random cases when picking up weapons (Both spawned weapons and dropped from other players) the circle will fill but the weapon will not be picked up. After this there is a short time where X (or Y) can't be pressed to try again, after which the weapon is picked up fine. I've had this occur a few times over the past couple of days however I am unable to replicate on purpose and it only happens randomly. Whether this is a bug or is lag/connection based I don't know. But I feel it's best to give a heads up either way.

(and yes that title was intentional, haha :P)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SewnMouthSecret

I have had that occur frequently, yet at random since the last update. Multi-player and Horde, public or private. I thought it was just me losing my mind and imagining it or something.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I BChaps I

I've had it happen a few times as well.
    I think it has to do with holding 'x' and walking over the weapon, then letting go too soon...but it still fills up all the way.
    I'm guessing that it fills up all the way, and you can't press it again because it is still highlighted (like you did pick up a weapon)
    ---I think it un-hilights (and you can press it again) at about the time you would have finished picking it up (if it didn't glitch)

I've had it happen a few times...but I've always just ignored it.
    --- --- Gears 1 = 1160/1250 --- --- \\★//Gears 2 = 1750/1750 \\★// --- ---
    --- --- \\★//Gears 3 = 1900/2000 \\★// --- --- 608 Gears J = 1500/1500 608 --- ---
    EPIC Community Reaper July 1, 20013 -- August 20, 2013
    VT---VT---VT---VT---VT---Hokies---VT---VT---VT---VT---VT

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

It's definitely not game breaking. But a bit distracting if you're in the thick of it

Banned

It's annoying but can be dealt/adapted to.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mR LQKi

I've had this happen a lot with power weapons as well as dropped weapons and it can be very frustrating, I think it's more to do with lag than ingame mechanics because it only seems to happen when I'm also experiencing other lag related problems like rubberbanding and teleporting.
    I live in the UK and for some reason the servers seem to be pretty bad.
    Last edited by xLOKiii; 04-23-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    LEVEL 97/100 - ONYX 4/65
    K/D INDIFFERENT
    IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT YOUR TEAM CAN DO FOR YOU IT'S ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR TEAM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mR LQKi

Quote Originally Posted by iCannotEatSugar View Post
    It's definitely not game breaking. But a bit distracting if you're in the thick of it
    you say that but when it happens to me I can't pick up weapons for the entire game. I have to suicide when I run out of ammo and that to me is pretty game breaking...
    I think we might be talking about two different issues here, I am talking about an issue that stops you picking up any weapon/nade even after you see the pick up bar go to full and It doesn't matter how many times you stand there and hold X it will never pick up. I can still spot enemies, kill enemies, take cover and move although I will teleport and rubberband a lot, but I will not be able to pick up anything.
    LEVEL 97/100 - ONYX 4/65
    K/D INDIFFERENT
    IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT YOUR TEAM CAN DO FOR YOU IT'S ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR TEAM.

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

It happens unfortunately. Way to fix it is to swap your weapon, swap back, and you should be able to pickup the weapon.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I've experienced it both with and without lag. But I've never experienced not being able to pick up weapons at all

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HVAC Techie

Seems to happen to me if I'm still moving when I press Y.

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CJ 1825 PSN ID: CJ1825

I only ever have this happen when I'm holding the X button while approaching a weapon, and once I get there the circle is already part-way filled up, as if it counted some time before I got to the weapon. And it can be rather game breaking when you're in desperate need of Gnasher ammo and the only one is in the open and under heave AR fire. :/