Thread: UDK and PS Vita

Default UDK and PS Vita

Hello,

I read that if you want to develop games for PS3 using UDK, you need additional hardware/software to do it. Is the case with PS Vita the same (you can't do it only with the UDK). If not, how can I run something on my Vita?

Thanks.

You cannot develop for any console with UDK.
    If a new console released with open development possibilities, it would be such news that you wouldn't have to ask.

So there's no reason to assume it might be possible otherwise.
    Last edited by Graylord; 04-22-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    I'm making a game!

http://www.desura.com/games/modulated
    Click the link above to read more!

God King

Yeah, you need a full UE3 license for that. And the prices for those are likely very steep for common mortals like us. :>
    Our Loop, which art in source code, hallowed be thy keyword.
    Thy condition come, thy instruction be done, in RAM as it is in cache.
    Increment us this day our daily counter,
    and forgive us our typos, as we also have forgiven our compilers.
    And lead us not to the nullpointer but deliver us from bugs.
    For thine is the API, the GUI, and the CLI while(true).
    Semicolon;
    Please don't send me questions about how to do something in the UDK via PM. That is better discussed in the forums and we only have limited PM storage.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sony is trying to do better with the Vita. You should check out PlayStation Suite (just got renamed to PlayStationMobile). http://www.playstation.com/psm/index_e.html

I actually just got it and did a search to see if UDK works with it and stumbled upon this thread. I know UE3 will work with the Vita, but I don't think that functionality has been extended to UDK. Hopefully Epic and Sony are talking about it as Sony is really trying to open up to the indie community and there are already a large number of UDK users. Seems like a perfect marriage.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: modfringatoon

Quote Originally Posted by mooncrosser View Post
    Hello,

I read that if you want to develop games for PS3 using UDK, you need additional hardware/software to do it. Is the case with PS Vita the same (you can't do it only with the UDK). If not, how can I run something on my Vita?

Thanks.
    i know u can makes games for consoles with using udk with a licence from for the console it self, Xbox developer licence, playstation developer licence for example.
    not sure on handholds, but i know u can crack a Nintendo DS and create games for that.
    i do have to say though that the licence for the consoles aren't cheap, your better of getting a full ue licence and using that instead of udk

Quote Originally Posted by charliethetall View Post
    Sony is trying to do better with the Vita. You should check out PlayStation Suite (just got renamed to PlayStationMobile). http://www.playstation.com/psm/index_e.html

I actually just got it and did a search to see if UDK works with it and stumbled upon this thread. I know UE3 will work with the Vita, but I don't think that functionality has been extended to UDK. Hopefully Epic and Sony are talking about it as Sony is really trying to open up to the indie community and there are already a large number of UDK users. Seems like a perfect marriage.
    Playstation Suite has nothing to do with UDK. All it is is an App where you can get old Playstation games, you wouldn't release a new game on it.

Actually PlayStation Mobile/Suite is for new games for Android and Vita devices. It has old games ready, and is for new games aimed at mobile devices but playable via Vita too.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ambershee

In any case, the above information is still incorrect. Even with a platform license, UDK will not allow you to develop games for consoles.
    - Please do not send me questions regarding programming or implementing things in UDK via Private Message. I do not have time to respond and they are much better answered in the forums. -