Default IOS develop environment

To develop game with UDK or Unreal Engine for IOS do I have to be in possession of a Mac computer or I can do this in windows??

Palace Guard

You do all development on Windows, however you do need access to a Mac in order to get it onto the AppStore.

You also need to register as an Apple iOS developer.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    You do all development on Windows, however you do need access to a Mac in order to get it onto the AppStore.

You also need to register as an Apple iOS developer.
    What is mean "however you do need access to a Mac in order to get it onto the AppStore"? It is couldn't be done in Windows and view my account?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ujastik View Post
    What is mean "however you do need access to a Mac in order to get it onto the AppStore"? It is couldn't be done in Windows and view my account?
    No, you need to have iTunes Connect which is only availabe on Mac.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You can however develop and test it on Windows. You can deploy it to multiple iOS devices plugged in your PC through ITunes. (of course for that you will need to be registered iOS dev and make a provisioning, but you will need that anyway)
    You need Mac just to release it on the market.
    In darkness born, to light devoted.
    Code:
    /** What the f*ck per minute - KPI for source readability,  How the hell per second - KPI for code functionality */ 
    var int _iWtfPMin, _iHthPSec;
    if( _iWtfPMin > _iHthPSec ) { Developer(CodeOwner).SetOnFire( Napalm, noDelay ); }

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon666 View Post
    You can however develop and test it on Windows. You can deploy it to multiple iOS devices plugged in your PC through ITunes. (of course for that you will need to be registered iOS dev and make a provisioning, but you will need that anyway)
    You need Mac just to release it on the market.
    But how about getting ipad? Can I proceed everything which do on mac on ipad?

An iPad is not a Mac

You can use Windows to create your game and send it to your testing device (iPhone, iPod, iPad).

However, you must have a Mac to be able to release your game into the App Store.

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by order66 View Post
    No, you need to have iTunes Connect which is only availabe on Mac.
    Incorrect..
    iTunes connect will run on a PC but you can't upload finished projects via a PC because the software to do this,(application loader) will only run on a Mac!

MSgt. Shooter Person

or perhaps a Hackintosh can be used for this purpose too.. what you say Lex.

Prisoner 849

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Uzair View Post
    or perhaps a Hackintosh can be used for this purpose too.. what you say Lex.
    I read an article a while back written by one of the big chiefs at Apple and he said that it was illegal to use Hackintosh PC's...............The chances are they would never know you are, (possibly)!
    If they ever found out though, bang goes your iOS developer contract and your career is then over if you're specifically targeting iOS platforms...

So my advice would be to avoid that route at all costs !

Just, go to Apple store to download multiple iOS devices plug-ins for your PC and connect with iTunes.

a little of topic here...

funny thing is trying to get a IOS Dev account from outside USA... we need to send a fax and wait an answer for week lol

MSgt. Shooter Person

In my case it happened pretty fast. I sent the fax, then they answered that my card number was invalid, so I mailed the fax. All was done in less than 2 days.
    In darkness born, to light devoted.
    Code:
    /** What the f*ck per minute - KPI for source readability,  How the hell per second - KPI for code functionality */ 
    var int _iWtfPMin, _iHthPSec;
    if( _iWtfPMin > _iHthPSec ) { Developer(CodeOwner).SetOnFire( Napalm, noDelay ); }