Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default IOS develop environment

    To develop game with UDK or Unreal Engine for IOS do I have to be in possession of a Mac computer or I can do this in windows??

  2. #2
    Palace Guard

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    3,781

    Default

    You do all development on Windows, however you do need access to a Mac in order to get it onto the AppStore.

    You also need to register as an Apple iOS developer.

  3. #3
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    You do all development on Windows, however you do need access to a Mac in order to get it onto the AppStore.

    You also need to register as an Apple iOS developer.
    What is mean "however you do need access to a Mac in order to get it onto the AppStore"? It is couldn't be done in Windows and view my account?

  4. #4
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ujastik View Post
    What is mean "however you do need access to a Mac in order to get it onto the AppStore"? It is couldn't be done in Windows and view my account?
    No, you need to have iTunes Connect which is only availabe on Mac.

  5. #5
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bulgaria, Sofia
    Posts
    123

    Default

    You can however develop and test it on Windows. You can deploy it to multiple iOS devices plugged in your PC through ITunes. (of course for that you will need to be registered iOS dev and make a provisioning, but you will need that anyway)
    You need Mac just to release it on the market.
    In darkness born, to light devoted.
    Code:
    /** What the f*ck per minute - KPI for source readability,  How the hell per second - KPI for code functionality */ 
    var int _iWtfPMin, _iHthPSec;
    if( _iWtfPMin > _iHthPSec ) { Developer(CodeOwner).SetOnFire( Napalm, noDelay ); }

  6. #6
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon666 View Post
    You can however develop and test it on Windows. You can deploy it to multiple iOS devices plugged in your PC through ITunes. (of course for that you will need to be registered iOS dev and make a provisioning, but you will need that anyway)
    You need Mac just to release it on the market.
    But how about getting ipad? Can I proceed everything which do on mac on ipad?

  7. #7

    Default

    An iPad is not a Mac

    You can use Windows to create your game and send it to your testing device (iPhone, iPod, iPad).

    However, you must have a Mac to be able to release your game into the App Store.

  8. #8
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Loch Ness Scotland
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by order66 View Post
    No, you need to have iTunes Connect which is only availabe on Mac.
    Incorrect..
    iTunes connect will run on a PC but you can't upload finished projects via a PC because the software to do this,(application loader) will only run on a Mac!

  9. #9
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Posts
    134

    Default

    or perhaps a Hackintosh can be used for this purpose too.. what you say Lex.

  10. #10
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Loch Ness Scotland
    Posts
    981

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzair View Post
    or perhaps a Hackintosh can be used for this purpose too.. what you say Lex.
    I read an article a while back written by one of the big chiefs at Apple and he said that it was illegal to use Hackintosh PC's...............The chances are they would never know you are, (possibly)!
    If they ever found out though, bang goes your iOS developer contract and your career is then over if you're specifically targeting iOS platforms...

    So my advice would be to avoid that route at all costs !

  11. #11

    Default

    Just, go to Apple store to download multiple iOS devices plug-ins for your PC and connect with iTunes.

  12. #12

    Default

    a little of topic here...

    funny thing is trying to get a IOS Dev account from outside USA... we need to send a fax and wait an answer for week lol

  13. #13
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bulgaria, Sofia
    Posts
    123

    Default

    In my case it happened pretty fast. I sent the fax, then they answered that my card number was invalid, so I mailed the fax. All was done in less than 2 days.
    In darkness born, to light devoted.
    Code:
    /** What the f*ck per minute - KPI for source readability,  How the hell per second - KPI for code functionality */ 
    var int _iWtfPMin, _iHthPSec;
    if( _iWtfPMin > _iHthPSec ) { Developer(CodeOwner).SetOnFire( Napalm, noDelay ); }


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright ©2009-2011 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search vBulletin skin by CompletevB.com.