Iron Guard

Default DM-SpiritedAway (FINAL, Pics and Download)

EDIT: Note to Flak/Mods - I read the posting rules but could not see an option for adding icons to thread titles?

Name: DM-SpiritedAway

Version: FINAL

Compatibility: PC

Description: Fight it out in the bathhouse from the animated film, 'Spirited Away'. Inspired by Miyazaki's brilliant work, its my first UT3 map.

Authors Notes: Finally releasing a finished version of this map as beta 3 has been available far too long on beta sub forum. Just getting it out there in a final state so people can enjoy it and I can let it be. NOTE: This map was created from a love of the film and wanting to create an accurate as possible bathhouse from the Spirited Away film. Gameplay was considered along the way. Hope you all enjoy it if you decide to download. (DOWNLOAD at bottom of page)
    Screenshots:

"It's a bathhouse"

Bathing area

Kitchens

Sky view/workers quarters

Gardens

The Bridge

Credits: Me for the map, Dinkelstefan for explosive barrels, Epic for the content.

Homepage: http://jonathanwalmsley.webng.com/index.html

PC DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?69eh4n7hogd74eg
    Last edited by Jonny; 04-21-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Boomshot

wow....looking superb, D/Ling, thx for ur work and for sharing
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

Iron Guard

Alright thanks Blitz - hope everything works. I was back on the editor after not using it for at least a year or more so was a little lost. Do you map btw?

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Lightbulb

Brilliant job mate, you've really captured the critical acclaimed anime film once. OK I didn't watch it yet, so downloading the map.
    Last edited by Private Tux; 04-21-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Alright thanks Blitz - hope everything works. I was back on the editor after not using it for at least a year or more so was a little lost. Do you map btw?
    lol, i try to map, to paint and watched all Miyazaki's moovies with my kids (this explain why i m impressed by the pictures, lot of harmony in all)....thought i dont map a lot theses last weeks....RL obligations
    not tryed the map yet & waiting to do it with my children when they ll have a minecraft pause l8r today
    will come back to you with some comments
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

"It's a bathhouse", LOL

God King

I love Miyazaki's anime movies and Spirited Away is probably one of his best!
    Thank you for this great recreation of the bathhouse! No face was really creepy.

PS: Due to some trouble with a forum upgrade recently the posting icons for the UT3 and UT2004 subforum have been removed - but afaIk they will be back later.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

The Sacrifice

Great work, I like it

Great idea for a map, and nicely done. Also mirrored on Mapraider's three mirrors:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5784

Redeemer

Thumbs up Superior!

Tested it and had no problems. This map would be the best if the author could do anything about it, something I say that this is a "bathhouse" map inside with large scaled and some several paths across this map, but it needs a player count and the author through the preview shot, I think this map is intended for 16-24 players I suppose. Beautiful and gloomy sunset skybox with the island view; also it has a very good atmosphere, lighting, visuals, many ways of Japanese-like decorations/textures, statues, trees, grasses, jumppads, waterfalls (it had no sound effects), weapon/item placements, lanterns, z-axis, and everything else I didn't mentioned. Pretty clever with the various type of barrel explosives and strange that there is a Raptor outside for crazy stuff (but fun ). This map is very good at FPS/gameplay and the bots are getting tough there.

New mirror added to UTzone.de:
    http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=4055
    Last edited by Private Tux; 05-04-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Redeemer

Cool looks good!

This one needs the author and recommended player load in preview shot. It has a nice skybox with sunset behind island crags as well as good foliage. The waterfalls look good as well as the water surface from below in the pools. I love the oriental atmosphere outside and inside; the statues with water flowing out of mouths is a nice touch also. I'm not a big fan of the slow-field generator or crouching, but the vehicle is an interesting touch. Holy Moly, is that a train!? The bots are decent and I think an optimum player load would be around 10-12.

Prisoner 849

I like this but how do i add it to the server? Do i need to run that .u file as a custom mutator or what?

Anyhow: I added it to our database @ http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1687
    MPF Games : Founder
    zunnie.nl : My personal website

Intel Core2Duo 3GHz
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB

Redeemer

Lightbulb

I just put those in the same place I put the map files and it seems to work. I have a kismet file with the same name and different size but it is elsewhere.

Redeemer

Bumpy! UT-Files.com direct mirror added:
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...iritedAway.zip