Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 103

Thread: hammerburst

  1. #1
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    838
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lewgis

    Default hammerburst

    Without getting flamed for asking could someone tell me why the hammerburst doesn't get a headshot multiplier and what is your favourite camo to use on the hammy ?

    For me its chrome or team metal
    Gears 3 Re-up 3 lvl 100 England Right-o Back up info thread
    You should check NP473L's skins out Because they're awesome He also does requests if you ask nicely
    A special thanks to lambenthammerburst
    EGFC#251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    getting ready to go swimming at my parents house with my children. Then SKYRIM!!!!! Followed by chainsaw duels. Have some sex, maybe some chicken.

  2. #2
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    692
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TheJamsh

    Default

    Chrome / Ivory / Green / Gold. I just love it. Just got re-up 2 so I'll try that for a bit
    Developer for TheSomme
    Game Design, Level Design, Audio Creation, Materials, Particle Systems, Textures, 3D Modelling, Asset Management, Game Play Design, & even a bit of Unreal Script!

  3. #3
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    I suggested it here, but that thread was closed (am I allowed to link to a closed thread?).

    The answer is in there

    I like to use Re-Up 2 at the moment...that's what I'm rocking
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,098
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Brash Smurf

    Default

    On the HB flaming is the best

  5. #5
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lestaaa
    Posts
    4,298
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Maaaaaz

    Default

    I wish it had a headshot multiplier.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

    The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    344
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Monsieur Worm

    Default

    Idk why there is no multiplier, as for camo I like the purple skin
    Thanks Flak for the SGE code!!

    GT: Monsieur Worm

  8. #8
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    838
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lewgis

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    I suggested it here, but that thread was closed (am I allowed to link to a closed thread?).

    The answer is in there

    I like to use Re-Up 2 at the moment...that's what I'm rocking
    So the hammy is too good with the headshot multiplier ? i wonder why they don't just half the multiplier it was at or something
    Gears 3 Re-up 3 lvl 100 England Right-o Back up info thread
    You should check NP473L's skins out Because they're awesome He also does requests if you ask nicely
    A special thanks to lambenthammerburst
    EGFC#251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    getting ready to go swimming at my parents house with my children. Then SKYRIM!!!!! Followed by chainsaw duels. Have some sex, maybe some chicken.

  9. #9
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lewgis View Post
    So the hammy is too good with the headshot multiplier ? i wonder why they don't just half the multiplier it was at or something
    That's what I thought...it doesn't have to be as big as it was, even just 1.02x would satisfy me. That thread was closed (I think it got a bit heated towards the end) but that was the general gist. I just don't see why the Lancer deserves one and the HB doesn't. Ah well...
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  10. #10
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    838
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lewgis

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    That's what I thought...it doesn't have to be as big as it was, even just 1.02x would satisfy me. That thread was closed (I think it got a bit heated towards the end) but that was the general gist. I just don't see why the Lancer deserves one and the HB doesn't. Ah well...
    Maybe if they had a HS multiplier it wouldn't be gnashers of war and cover might be used more haha but I wonder what the multiplier was in the beta tho ?
    Gears 3 Re-up 3 lvl 100 England Right-o Back up info thread
    You should check NP473L's skins out Because they're awesome He also does requests if you ask nicely
    A special thanks to lambenthammerburst
    EGFC#251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    getting ready to go swimming at my parents house with my children. Then SKYRIM!!!!! Followed by chainsaw duels. Have some sex, maybe some chicken.

  11. #11
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lewgis View Post
    Maybe if they had a HS multiplier it wouldn't be gnashers of war and cover might be used more haha but I wonder what the multiplier was in the beta tho ?
    I haven't a clue, but compared to the last two, this ain't Gnashers of War anyway. The HB is definitely the most underused rifle though...so I'd give it some luurve (or nerf the Gnasher + Retro).

    A thread just ain't a thread without the mention of 'nerf', 'Retro', and 'Gnasher' in at least one sentence

    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    98

    Default

    I think because it's too accurate.

  13. #13
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    838
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lewgis

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    I haven't a clue, but compared to the last two, this ain't Gnashers of War anyway. The HB is definitely the most underused rifle though...so I'd give it some luurve (or nerf the Gnasher + Retro).

    A thread just ain't a thread without the mention of 'nerf', 'Retro', and 'Gnasher' in at least one sentence

    Yeah that's true any thread about a gun needs to mention a nerf to the retro and gnasher being OP. At least we've moved on from demanding the SOS be removed from the game
    Gears 3 Re-up 3 lvl 100 England Right-o Back up info thread
    You should check NP473L's skins out Because they're awesome He also does requests if you ask nicely
    A special thanks to lambenthammerburst
    EGFC#251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    getting ready to go swimming at my parents house with my children. Then SKYRIM!!!!! Followed by chainsaw duels. Have some sex, maybe some chicken.

  14. #14
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    838
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lewgis

    Default

    Double post fail
    Gears 3 Re-up 3 lvl 100 England Right-o Back up info thread
    You should check NP473L's skins out Because they're awesome He also does requests if you ask nicely
    A special thanks to lambenthammerburst
    EGFC#251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    getting ready to go swimming at my parents house with my children. Then SKYRIM!!!!! Followed by chainsaw duels. Have some sex, maybe some chicken.

  15. #15
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The End of the COG View Post
    I think because it's too accurate.
    I'm not trying to troll, but surely the weapon that is 'accurate' (i.e. needs aiming) should reward 'accuracy'.

    Trying to hit a moving target with an HB at long range and it's pretty tricky anyway, and a HS multiplier would mean you aim for the head more often, resulting in more shots being missed.

    I agree that it may be too powerful up close though. That's the only issue I can see, and even then, if the multiplier is small, it already has limited CQ potential, and would still suffer.

    EDIT: Wahoo - Redeemer
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  16. #16
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    838
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lewgis

    Default

    Some of the best times I've had are downing someone with my hammer and then having to race my reload against them wiggling what's left of their legs or feet behind cover
    Gears 3 Re-up 3 lvl 100 England Right-o Back up info thread
    You should check NP473L's skins out Because they're awesome He also does requests if you ask nicely
    A special thanks to lambenthammerburst
    EGFC#251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    getting ready to go swimming at my parents house with my children. Then SKYRIM!!!!! Followed by chainsaw duels. Have some sex, maybe some chicken.

  17. #17
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    155
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: oXFiercePlayXo

    Default

    First of all it's not Gnasher Of War. If anything else it's Rifles of war. Go play any of the game types exceution, Warzone, Koth even TDM at times people like to control the maps with their rifles. The stopping power is so great in this game. Without stopping power people would get trashed. And that's what happened in Gears 1. Zeta KOTH was the most balance game type that I have ever played in Gears 3. And the rifles are totally strong enough take you down regardless of no stopping power. And By the way how come the old Gears 1 Hammerburst is not in this game? Isn't this game suppose to be the best Gears? It should have every weapon from Gears 1 and 2.

  18. #18
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    155
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: oXFiercePlayXo

    Default

    First of all it's not Gnasher Of War. If anything else it's Rifles of war. Go play any of the game types exceution, Warzone, Koth even TDM at times people like to control the maps with their rifles. The stopping power is so great in this game. Without stopping power people would get trashed. And that's what happened in Gears 1. Zeta KOTH was the most balance game type that I have ever played in Gears 3. And the rifles are totally strong enough take you down regardless of no stopping power. And By the way how come the old Gears 1 Hammerburst is not in this game? Isn't this game suppose to be t.he best Gears? It should have every weapon from Gears 1 and 2

  19. #19
    Marrow Fiend

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Posts
    4,600
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: LambentHammerB

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    The Headshot Multiplier was dropped because it made the weapon a little too OP. It's already insanely powerful in the hands of a good player, and the multiplier just made it impossible to not get a down.

    As for skins, everything but Blood looks good on the Hammerburst
    Have to disagree with you on that :P I used Bloody exclusively on all my weapons and I loved it on all of the except the Retro (no blood on the bayonet? WTF!).
    However for skin choices on the Hammerburst -- take a look at my username and guess what skin I use on it.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal


  20. #20
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    838
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lewgis

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oXFiercePlayXo View Post
    First of all it's not Gnasher Of War. If anything else it's Rifles of war. Go play any of the game types exceution, Warzone, Koth even TDM at times people like to control the maps with their rifles. The stopping power is so great in this game. Without stopping power people would get trashed. And that's what happened in Gears 1. Zeta KOTH was the most balance game type that I have ever played in Gears 3. And the rifles are totally strong enough take you down regardless of no stopping power. And By the way how come the old Gears 1 Hammerburst is not in this game? Isn't this game suppose to be t.he best Gears? It should have every weapon from Gears 1 and 2
    I was kidding about it being gnashers of war but tbh it is the more used weapon from my personal experience more people rush me with a gnasher while im downing their team mate from afar and I believe the reason the old hammy isn't here is also in NP473L's thread link
    Gears 3 Re-up 3 lvl 100 England Right-o Back up info thread
    You should check NP473L's skins out Because they're awesome He also does requests if you ask nicely
    A special thanks to lambenthammerburst
    EGFC#251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    getting ready to go swimming at my parents house with my children. Then SKYRIM!!!!! Followed by chainsaw duels. Have some sex, maybe some chicken.

  21. #21
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    389
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: vick818

    Default

    Look at the snub being able to down someone at close range with 4-5 shots to the head. Can you imagine if the HB got that? It would ruin any kind of deficiency maybe a slight recoil increase would balance it out.

  22. #22
    Marrow Fiend

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Posts
    4,600
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: LambentHammerB

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oXFiercePlayXo View Post
    And By the way how come the old Gears 1 Hammerburst is not in this game? Isn't this game suppose to be t.he best Gears? It should have every weapon from Gears 1 and 2
    I agree!!! It should be. It's my favorite gun of the series.
    They did have trouble balancing the gun though. In campaign it's equal to the Lancer in terms of damage output per second and all.
    In MP they buffed the damage because it was a power weapon and this is where it caused issues. It was dealing 56 damage per bullet - 6x burst = 336 damage. 2 bursts was a down. Basing this off the latest TU for the PC version.
    However if they add it as a loadout weapon they could basically make it a burst fire Lancer. Bullets come out quicker - but slightly increase time between bursts. This would allow the Lancer to actually fire off more shots (aka more damage) in the same amount of time. Just 6 shots vs 6 shots - HB does it quicker. However 12+ shots - Lancer outputs more.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal


  23. #23
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    838
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lewgis

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    However for skin choices on the Hammerburst -- take a look at my username and guess what skin I use on it.
    Hmm you more than likely use oil slick , but I don't think I've ever seen anyone using the infected omen on hammy (assuming that you use that rather than imulsion) a lot of weapon skins have died out now
    Gears 3 Re-up 3 lvl 100 England Right-o Back up info thread
    You should check NP473L's skins out Because they're awesome He also does requests if you ask nicely
    A special thanks to lambenthammerburst
    EGFC#251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    getting ready to go swimming at my parents house with my children. Then SKYRIM!!!!! Followed by chainsaw duels. Have some sex, maybe some chicken.

  24. #24
    Marrow Fiend

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Posts
    4,600
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: LambentHammerB

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lewgis View Post
    Hmm you more than likely use oil slick , but I don't think I've ever seen anyone using the infected omen on hammy (assuming that you use that rather than imulsion) a lot of weapon skins have died out now
    Nah use Imulsion. I used to use the Imulsion Rifles w/ Infected Omen on Shotguns (IO imo looks bad on HB)
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal


  25. #25

  26. #26
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    Nah use Imulsion. I used to use the Imulsion Rifles w/ Infected Omen on Shotguns (IO imo looks bad on HB)
    IO looks bad on all weapons IMO
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  27. #27
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mo-Town, in the AL.
    Posts
    37
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Protoman D

    Default

    I don't think you will get flamed but I kept track of the threads when the game first came out and the HB used to have a headshot multiplier, but it was in the beta, got to youtube and look up the beta footage to see it. It made the HB an elite weapon next to the longshot, and it really wasn't fair for kids who wanted to use the lancer and retro. You could down an opponent in like 7-12 shot with a headshot when they were downed. Also, when the game debuted there was no recoil on the HB, but it did less damage the longer the range it was fired, Epic beefed it up and then they had another problem, the modded controllers and the cheaters who used them was absolutely ridiculous. But I am glad they nerfed the HB again, I notice a lot less people using it and only ones that do are mostly cheaters or the ones who prefer to use the weapon. But, just like the SOS being nerfed so bad from beta to Debut, then again a month or two later because so many people complained about it, same\for the hammerburst. Hope this answered some of the questions you were wondering about. P.S. Midnight/ tribal/ team metal. enjoi...
    Relax, it is only a shotgun...enjoi...

  28. #28
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Not Playing Judgment, U.K
    Posts
    989

    Default

    reup 2 skin looks beast on my hammy or gold or chrome

  29. #29
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    This Lancer has one because of its substantially lower damage out put. It's there to help combat rushers. The hammerburst is stronger and doesn't need it.
    Haha...we went through it on my thread, don't worry. I still disagree though. With the number of bullets in the Lancer's clip and with it's RoF (potentially going up too), coupled with the SP (I generally feel that the Reg. Lancer makes the best use of SP when combatting head-on rushers), it is adequate enough to combat rushers. Indeed, I often find a good blindfish Lancer strafe more difficult to deal with than the Retro at times up close.

    Out of interest, do you (or anyone else) happen to have the numbers to hand in terms of max damage output per second for the three rifles? It would be interesting to see. Obviously not the be all and end all of balancing, but I don't think I've ever seen the damage output per second, as opposed to per bullet.

    I feel that the Lancer is a much better rounded rifle than the HB, even if it doesn't directly beat any of them technically. It's definitely got more versatility, and you've always got the chainsaw to help with a lone rusher . I don't see too many people using the chainsaw effectively any more...isolated and as a surprise.

    But fair point sir
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  30. #30

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    Haha...we went through it on my thread, don't worry. I still disagree though. With the number of bullets in the Lancer's clip and with it's RoF (potentially going up too), coupled with the SP (I generally feel that the Reg. Lancer makes the best use of SP when combatting head-on rushers), it is adequate enough to combat rushers. Indeed, I often find a good blindfish Lancer strafe more difficult to deal with than the Retro at times up close.

    Out of interest, do you (or anyone else) happen to have the numbers to hand in terms of max damage output per second for the three rifles? It would be interesting to see. Obviously not the be all and end all of balancing, but I don't think I've ever seen the damage output per second, as opposed to per bullet.

    I feel that the Lancer is a much better rounded rifle than the HB, even if it doesn't directly beat any of them technically. It's definitely got more versatility, and you've always got the chainsaw to help with a lone rusher . I don't see too many people using the chainsaw effectively any more...isolated and as a surprise.

    But fair point sir
    I'm simply telling you the factual reason as to why it's there. Those are Quinn's words, not mine. Agreeing or disagreeing doesn't matter, that's the reason it has it. Damage per second isn't a value that's measured. You have damage per bullet. Work out the shots per second multiply that by damage per and you'll get your answer.

    Also, for the record, if the Lancers ROF gets changed in the future as it is in zeta it will lose its stopping power.
    Last edited by NFI; 04-20-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  32. #32
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    113
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: N8IV ASSASIN970

    Default

    Me its electric gold and switch with hype those are my favs

  33. #33
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/86157103/W...entHammerburst

    Those are the weapon damage stats. I'll try to copy them over into text for you.
    No, that's okay...I'll draw up my conclusions from there. Save you cluttering the thread.

    Thank you very much

    [I should've known it was the LambentH ]
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  34. #34
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    So, let me check this.

    Lancer at close and mid ranges will down in 1.2 seconds (0.98 seconds AR), and 1.53 seconds (1.2 seconds AR) at long ranges.
    Hammerburst at downs in 1 second for all ranges (AR or not)

    Is that right?

    The HS multiplier is currently at 50%, so reducing downing times by a third presumably. That makes the damage output of the Lancer pretty much on par with the HB and with its HS multiplier, makes it creep above if you are accurate. Big if there, considering the HB has supposedly superior accuracy, but I s'pose one shouldn't forget that the HB is generally fired a little slower than that anyway. I don't see a huge gulf in power output, so the drawbacks of [needing to spam the trigger/being vulnerable up close/no 'last resort' potential/less effects of SP/longer active reload] do not really outweigh the damage/range capabilities of the HB in my eyes...

    ...forgive me if my calculations are a little out.

    To be brutally honest, the Lancer, the Sawed-Off and the HB are all perfectly fine. They really aren't the guns I contest in terms of balancing issues. I just did the above stuff because it was kinda amusing to me.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  35. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    So, let me check this.

    Lancer at close and mid ranges will down in 1.2 seconds (0.98 seconds AR), and 1.53 seconds (1.2 seconds AR) at long ranges.
    Hammerburst at downs in 1 second for all ranges (AR or not)

    Is that right?

    The HS multiplier is currently at 50%, so reducing downing times by a third presumably. That makes the damage output of the Lancer pretty much on par with the HB and with its HS multiplier, makes it creep above if you are accurate.
    The lancer suffers accuracy and damage degradation at rare. Headshots are not really viable at said range. It's not reasonable at long range. At long range the damage difference s substantial. A base hammerburst trumps an active lancer.




    The multiplier is there for Mid to close range interactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  36. #36
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    I'm simply telling you the factual reason as to why it's there. Those are Quinn's words, not mine. Agreeing or disagreeing doesn't matter, that's the reason it has it. Damage per second isn't a value that's measured. You have damage per bullet. Work out the shots per second multiply that by damage per and you'll get your answer.

    Also, for the record, if the Lancers ROF gets changed in the future as it is in zeta it will lose its stopping power.
    What about the other rifles? Presumably they will too, or is that not the case.

    And this is a forum, so agreeing or disagreeing does matter, to me at least. I enjoy injecting my opinion (when founded properly) into certain matters, whether it's accepted by the community or not.

    That's the reason I'm here. I don't tend to bring things up that I find 'all well and dandy' because if it's not talked about, it means everyone is happy with it. Perhaps I should thank Epic more for everything they have done right in this series, but I do feel that some things could work better in some ways, and the 'facts' are just the opinions of the people higher up in Epic's hierachy. Obviously they know a damn sight more about balancing than I do, but I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to contribute positively.
    Last edited by NP473L; 04-20-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  37. #37
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    The lancer suffers accuracy and damage degradation at rare. Headshots are not really viable at said range. It's not reasonable at long range. At long range the damage difference s substantial. A base hammerburst trumps an active lancer. The multiplier is there for Mid to close range interactions.
    I factored that into the long range calculation. At least I thought I did. The fall off doesn't look as severe as I thought it might, so maybe I made a mistake.

    Edit: Oh, I misunderstood. But looking at what I calculated anyway, the falloff isn't as bad as I thought it would.

    I get it now...multiplier is only for close-mid-melee ranges.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  38. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    What about the other rifles? Presumably they will too, or is that not the case.

    In regards to stopping power? It remains to be seen. I got a chance to exchange one messages on here w Quinn. There is a lot of experimentation in zeta now they are serious about. With every starting weapons, I'm not going to post specifics but its variable depending on weapon.

    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    And this is a forum, so agreeing or disagreeing does matter, to me at least. I enjoy injecting my opinion (when founded) into certain matters, whether it's accepted by the community or not.


    Right. But I'm clarifying I wasn't giving my opinion on it, just information behind the move.


    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    That's the reason I'm here. I don't tend to bring things up that I find 'all well and dandy' because if it's not talked about, it means everyone is happy with it. Perhaps I should thank Epic more for everything they have done right in this series, but I do feel that some things could work better in some ways, and the 'facts' are just the opinions of the people higher up in Epic's hierachy.

    True but life lent work that way. The people in charge hold the only opinion that matter. If they say the hammerburst is a spam weapon, that's what it is. The lancer got a hs multiplier for rushers, that's it. That ends the discussion as to why it has it. Our opinions don't matter as far as why it's there. Liking it is another discussion.
    Last edited by NFI; 04-20-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  39. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    I factored that into the long range calculation. At least I thought I did. The fall off doesn't look as severe as I thought it might, so maybe I made a mistake.

    Edit: Oh, I misunderstood. But looking at what I calculated anyway, the falloff isn't as bad as I thought it would.

    I get it now...multiplier is only for close-mid-melee ranges.

    That headshot multiplier just isn't useful on a long range target that's behind cover or moving. I get what your saying, but in practice it doesn't work out that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  40. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Raxacoricofallapatorius
    Posts
    5,007
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lewgis View Post
    Without getting flamed for asking could someone tell me why the hammerburst doesn't get a headshot multiplier and what is your favourite camo to use on the hammy ?

    For me its chrome or team metal
    Because it'd be "too OP".

    And Rainbow. Rainbow looks awesome.
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

    So was I


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •