Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iron Guard

Default My current build at 23^305

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I wish there is a way I can give that money away
    Attached Images Attached Images

Iron Guard

A good example of how utterly irrelevant the difference in damage between a light weapon and a heavy weapon gets to be in NG+.
    Exo-Pilot: You don't look like a great warrior.

Siris: Apparently not.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by ericmurphy View Post
    A good example of how utterly irrelevant the difference in damage between a light weapon and a heavy weapon gets to be in NG+.
    There is still a big difference between different categories of weapons, but there is no difference between weapons in the same category.

In case you're wondering, at NG^305, a large key cost about 15M, but with a 30% gold+ gem, it gives out 22M. Titan levels are about 15.5K, with about 1.2M health and 50K damage for a single hit (without element damage).

Quote Originally Posted by ruggedland View Post
    There is still a big difference between different categories of weapons, but there is no difference between weapons in the same category.

In case you're wondering, at NG^305, a large key cost about 15M, but with a 30% gold+ gem, it gives out 22M. Titan levels are about 15.5K, with about 1.2M health and 50K damage for a single hit (without element damage).
    how u come up with 220 in magic? is that some kinda of cap?

The Sacrifice

Most impressive, ruggedland! I see you have allocated 220 stat points into Magic. Do you find any real difference between 220 and 100 (which used to be about the useful max in IB1)?

Iron Guard

No hard cap on magic effect, but the benefit kind of flattens out beyond 2-300.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Flattens out how? Isn't the magic's effect tied to your stat points?

Iron Guard

But the difference is in how big a combo you can do, and that doesn't have much to do with the damage in the weapon. it has a lot more to do just with the type of weapon.

Obviously I can't say what it's like to fight with 130,000 attack, but but I know a dual with 40 attack is a more effective weapon for me than a heavy with 350. My combos are way bigger with the dual.
    Exo-Pilot: You don't look like a great warrior.

Siris: Apparently not.

Redeemer

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

YOU BEAST!!! haha nice work
    That's What She Said!!!
    Dual is the skill of ChampionsÖ
    According to the Simpsons, In Australia we play Knifey-Spooney in our local pubs

Saburai

Rugged...how do you have the time?

Here's my build. I'm sure its a lot less relevant that rugged's but
    http://img.tapatalk.com/47ec1940-dd6c-8cf6.jpg

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by NimNams View Post
    Flattens out how? Isn't the magic's effect tied to your stat points?
    Here is a thread by our old friend DarthDuck.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...0-magic-points

I haven't done any detailed analysis in NG, mainly because I don't care much about magic anyway. At 200 magic, RoM can heal 20K, which is more than enough in any situation.

Saburai

I haven't done any detailed analysis in NG, mainly because I don't care much about magic anyway. At 200 magic, RoM can heal 20K, which is more than enough in any situation.
    off topic, but where did darthduck and BLADET go?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey Rugged -

I saw that you had a nice bit of change there - over $200 million...

Question: Did you ever get affected by the $95 million cap bug (where once you passed the $95 million mark, you'd get dropped to $49 million at the next scene) or was that strictly an OG bug?

Redeemer

l think u r only playing no job no study no school just playing IB2 crazy man!
    Anyway nice build but...tooooooo much time for the game

Wizard without magic.

IB2 GK11k+ ; RYTH 59k+ ; ∞^110+; lvl 4.1k+

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    Hey Rugged -

I saw that you had a nice bit of change there - over $200 million...

Question: Did you ever get affected by the $95 million cap bug (where once you passed the $95 million mark, you'd get dropped to $49 million at the next scene) or was that strictly an OG bug?
    i was going to ask the same question: Rugged, did you pass the 95 mill cap after the CM update?

i keep dropping 20-40 mill on mastering items once i hit 85m...

send me a message, Rugged...i have a couple of questions for you, and some info you would appreciate
    Last edited by NiiLoC; 04-20-2012 at 08:16 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

GOOO Ruggedland!!! Now that the NG+ level cap got fixed you can level until infinity!
    As I see you don't seem to use or like heavy weapons.You only have around 70 stats in shield. : (
    I actually love all 3 fighting styles and can handle the titans with every style. I often read that heavy weapons are extremely slow but I don't agree to that. Maybe it depends on the perfomance of IB2 on the Idevice. Some combos are extremely fast for a heavy weapon. That's what I think.
    Keep climbing the Ng+ and levelling Ruggedland!!
    ,,Finish what you began.."

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by NiiLoC View Post
    i was going to ask the same question: Rugged, did you pass the 95 mill cap after the CM update?

i keep dropping 20-40 mill on mastering items once i hit 85m...

send me a message, Rugged...i have a couple of questions for you, and some info you would appreciate
    I passed 95M after CM update, and there was never a problem when I cross 95M, 100M, 200M... I don't think there is any limit in gold now. Maybe I'll keep going till 1B and see what happens

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by SyLars View Post
    GOOO Ruggedland!!! Now that the NG+ level cap got fixed you can level until infinity!
    As I see you don't seem to use or like heavy weapons.You only have around 70 stats in shield. : (
    I actually love all 3 fighting styles and can handle the titans with every style. I often read that heavy weapons are extremely slow but I don't agree to that. Maybe it depends on the perfomance of IB2 on the Idevice. Some combos are extremely fast for a heavy weapon. That's what I think.
    Keep climbing the Ng+ and levelling Ruggedland!!
    Like many others I'm not a fan of heavy, but I did use it for while when I pursed some of the achievements. Maybe someone can come up with a guide on effective use of heavy (build requirement, techniques, etc).

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by rioskis View Post
    l think u r only playing no job no study no school just playing IB2 crazy man!
    Anyway nice build but...tooooooo much time for the game
    Good to see you rioskis. I still have my day job. I was doing 5RB/NG till about NG100, then 1RB/NG from NG100 to NG300 using a glitch in iCloud service (see my thread on "quantum teleportation"). The latest update fixed that glitch (and a few other bugs). I'll grind a few more RBs at my current NG before the next one. I only play IB a couple of hrs a day at most these days.

Redeemer

Can u post a link for me? with this teleportation. Sometimes l play 1-1.5h but it's maybe 1ng only.. To get other NG l need to go 7RB l think.. Or maybe l don't know something? always thought to get One more NG l need to go 7RB..

P.s l don't use iCloud at all.

Wizard without magic.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by rioskis View Post
    Can u post a link for me? with this teleportation. Sometimes l play 1-1.5h but it's maybe 1ng only.. To get other NG l need to go 7RB l think.. Or maybe l don't know something? always thought to get One more NG l need to go 7RB..

P.s l don't use iCloud at all.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-though-iCloud

I did it with iCloud on and two devices. It won't work anymore because they did fix this glitch in the latest update.

Still you shouldn't need more than 5 RBs per NG.

Redeemer

Wow so that how u get so fast ^300+ :O good for u for me it will be ages hmm yeah maybe 5.. It should be 5..
    Last edited by rioskis; 04-20-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Wizard without magic.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eurpapi

Why so much life?

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Eurpapi View Post
    Why so much life?
    Enough to sustain 2-3 hits from enemy due to my careless mistakes .

Just an FYI - the info in that thread no longer applies... i am RB 69 in OG and have just under 400 magic (38x) and have an approx. 14 second regen time.

also... at your level gems must have practically no effect relative to your and the mosters' health... i'm guessing the only useful gem is the parry all dual gem (or a reduce titan speed light gem)

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicRain View Post
    Just an FYI - the info in that thread no longer applies... i am RB 69 in OG and have just under 400 magic (38x) and have an approx. 14 second regen time.

also... at your level gems must have practically no effect relative to your and the mosters' health... i'm guessing the only useful gem is the parry all dual gem (or a reduce titan speed light gem)
    Would be nice to come up with an updated metric on magic effects. The only gem I use regularly is the titan break +2 (so I get longer break window). Don't have parry all gem (and don't intend to use it anyway). Had titan speed reducer gem (20%), but that made the game less fun as it slows down titan so much so I sold it.

You are the man, rugged!
    "Skillbuilding as a lifestyle"
    The God King Club ID#1|Ultimate GK Slayer |True Jedi |
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: H264

Awesome build and great advice in this thread!

Here's my build, but intentionally w. the oddest looking helmet+armor I have. My favorite weapon though (for now), for looks and it has a square gem. I am almost done with this NG (16), all items mastered or bought out, and it's getting too easy, so I need to skim through a lot of NGs now before taking the time to master and buy out again. Wish I had known about the glitch in time.

In-between I am playing through IB1 for the first time I also can't let Silversabeast catch up with me on IB2.

ruggedland: I see the outline of your dual blades, but still hidden for me. Looking forward to finding out what they are. I intentionally haven't looked it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by n808; 04-21-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    IB2: L=1000|NG=1^33|H=17050|A=7400|S=1|M=1|GK=3250
    Rainbow Gem Discoverer #2 - exact recipe.

The Sacrifice

Hey n808, what is this "glitch in time" you speak of?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: H264
    IB2: L=1000|NG=1^33|H=17050|A=7400|S=1|M=1|GK=3250
    Rainbow Gem Discoverer #2 - exact recipe.

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by n808 View Post
    Awesome build and great advice in this thread!

Here's my build, but intentionally w. the oddest looking helmet+armor I have. My favorite weapon though (for now), for looks and it has a square gem. I am almost done with this NG (16), all items mastered or bought out, and it's getting too easy, so I need to skim through a lot of NGs now before taking the time to master and buy out again. Wish I had known about the glitch in time.

In-between I am playing through IB1 for the first time I also can't let Silversabeast catch up with me on IB2.

ruggedland: I see the outline of your dual blades, but still hidden for me. Looking forward to finding out what they are. I intentionally haven't looked it up.
    I will catch you!

Redeemer

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: shawnd123

Because of this thread, I have been motivated to reallocate my stats and increase mainly my attack and health. So far, it's amazing! With duals, I can defeat titans with just 2 breaks! The only drawback is that I have to pay to master the heavy weapons and some of the light ones as well. But overall, duals is the way to go!!!

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by shawnd123 View Post
    Because of this thread, I have been motivated to reallocate my stats and increase mainly my attack and health. So far, it's amazing! With duals, I can defeat titans with just 2 breaks! The only drawback is that I have to pay to master the heavy weapons and some of the light ones as well. But overall, duals is the way to go!!!
    Another dual follower! awesome. keep pouring into attack and eventually you will be able to kill titans in just one super, and if you're lucky, one break

The Force is with us!
    "Skillbuilding as a lifestyle"
    The God King Club ID#1|Ultimate GK Slayer |True Jedi |
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Redeemer

How do you get such good stuff? Don't you have to go to a new NG when you beat the god king?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I passed 95M after CM update, and there was never a problem when I cross 95M, 100M, 200M... I don't think there is any limit in gold now. Maybe I'll keep going till 1B and see what happens
    Thanks for the info Rugged -

In OG, I passed the dreaded $95M mark with no problem. Now on to the OG rebirth 399-400 back to 100 bug...

On a side note, I was thinking that if I got past OG rebirth 400 with no problems, I would jump back into NG+...

however, when I took a look at my character slots, I noticed that the only slot with any info is my current OG slot. To backtrack, when I started playing IB2 - I had no idea or clue on what to do or even knew this forum existed, etc. -- so I had created a character with an OG rebirth at around 230+ and I had just started an NG+ slot to see what it was.

I then started a second character slot to start tracking large chests & gems - and this is the slot that I'm currently using - which is now approaching OG rebirth 388.

Rugged - and anyone else who has experience in deciphering what exactly is stored in the save slot,

can you help me figure out if my first character is lost for good? I doubt it (but I'm not an expert) as I've taken a look at my periodic saves and it appears that both character slots still exist but only one (the second one) shows up when I play the game. Other info to consider - I was saving on iCloud before the update - now, post-update, I am not and haven't been for approximately 40+ OG rebirths. I am using iFunbox on a PC to create my save points. I can post what exactly is in my save file if someone can help me out here...thanks!

Iron Guard

Could it be as simple as: your initial character is saved in iCloud, while you current character is local? Try turn on iCloud again and see what character(s) you have. I have a few slots in the iCloud, and one local slot. When I turn iCloud off, I only see the local character.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Could it be as simple as: your initial character is saved in iCloud, while you current character is local? Try turn on iCloud again and see what character(s) you have. I have a few slots in the iCloud, and one local slot. When I turn iCloud off, I only see the local character.
    Thanks Rugged!

I guess I must have toggled the iCloud on/off a few times as I have 5 character slots filled now...however, I didn't see my original NG+ slot that I created with the original character - which really wasn't too big of a deal since I only leveled up maybe 15 times...but apparently is now lost somewhere post-update...

MSgt. Shooter Person

ruggedland, you're much more terrible than the god king. :P

Redeemer

bump!

rugged, what's your current build?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast