MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N1SSASSA

Default RAAM versus Skorge (fan fic)

RAAM relished the opportunity to show his skill and prowess in battle. This grand tournament the queen had decided to hold was just the opportunity he needed to show his martial skill and strength. His first two opponents, another Theron and a large grenadier elite, had been easily defeated. The grenadier had refused to yield, so RAAM had strewn his entrails across the battle field with a satisfying slice of his serrated blade. But this next opponent he was slightly wary of. He had heard of him before, the leader of the Kantus monks, and although not particularly large or durable, the tall thin Kanti were incredibly fast and agile, and deceptively strong for their size. This Skorge, their leader, was not to be taken lightly. RAAM was confident in his skill, but was no arrogant fool. He knew he was not invincible, although he had proven that he was as close to it as any locust in the horde in his battles with the Lambent. He stood in darkness in the staging room of the arena, waiting for the gate to raise, anticipating his glorious exhibition.

The gate rose, allowing the the glow of the fire to illuminate the floor at his feet, and slowly climb up his robes until finally reaching the pale tough skin of his face. He strode out into the center of the arena, raising his blade high above his head, as if he had already grasped victory. Across the arena, the other gate slowly ascending. He could not yet see his opponent, but knew he was lurking in the shadows beyond the firelight. Suddenly, the enemy burst forth, brandishing a long staff with a chainsaw at either end. He bounded toward RAAM, then lept high into the air, aiming to slash RAAM from above. RAAM easily deflected the attack with his knife, and seized the shaft of the weapon with his other hand. Skorge kicked him in the jaw, and managed to yank the weapon free of his grasp while he was stunned. Skorge was, indeed, very strong. RAAM regained his alertness just in time to see Skorge's blade strike his shoulder. It grinded against his armor, but had no effect on RAAM. Skorge hadn't anticipated his plates standing up to the blade; his expression changed from confident to surprised. RAAM seized the opportunity, grabbing Skorge by the neck, lifting him clear off the ground, and smashing his skull against the hard rock of the arena floor. Blood began flowing from Skorge's brow, but he showed no sign of slowing down. He lept up without a moment's hesitation, striking RAAM's lower jaw with the shaft of his weapon, then digging one of the twin saw blades into RAAM's ribs. Once again, his armor protected him from harm, as he swung his knife and cut the shaft in two, separating the blades. Skorge's wild, uncalculated actions began to betray his desperation. RAAM knew he'd already won. Skorge just didn't know it yet. RAAM swung his powerful fists, striking the Kantus warrior's head on both sides. He stumbled backward from the blow, disoriented and stunned, the sound of the crowd roaring in RAAM's favor inaudible over the ringing in Skorge's ears.

RAAM approached his victim, victory now within his grasp. Skorge tried to stand up, to regain his footing, but RAAM delivered a solid kick to his face as he arose. He fell back again, unable to defend himself. Skorge began crawling away from RAAM, as the giant black-armored warrior slowly approached. he seized Skorge by the tassels of his headdress, pulling his head back and exposing his fleshy and vulnerable throat. Skorge felt the cold sting of the blade as it's edge was pressed against his throat. RAAM looked around at the crowd, as if to ask for their approval. The spectators roared with glee, their thirst for blood palpable. Just as RAAM prepared to slice open this weakling's throat, the sound of the queen's voice rang out over the loudspeakers.

"That is enough RAAM."

He looked toward the royal podium, the queen's firm expression glaring down at him from the stands. He stood, walked toward her section of the arena, and bowed before her, touching his weapon to his forehead in salute.

"Our champion is here", Myrrah's voice proclaimed to the now silent audience. "From the throngs of hopeful combatants, one has proven himself a warrior to be feared above all others. From this day forth, I proclaim you General RAAM, supreme commander and championof all the Locust Horde."

RAAM could feel his heart swell in his chest. It had been suspected by many that the winner of this tournament would gain some position of prominence in the queen's court, but never had he dreamed that he would be given supreme control over the entire Locust army. This was what he had worked his entire life for. This was his moment of glory and triumph. He stood, saluted his queen, and walked to the exit of the arena, the crowd's thunderous applause still filling his ears as he walked down the hall. His destiny was calling, he wouldn't keep it waiting.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    [Gears of War: The Onyx Platoon] - Fan Fic
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Just felt like writing something about how much better RAAM is than Skorge to piss off some Skorge lovers out there. RAAM FOREVER.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Teejay V21

i'm with you, i've been a RAAM fan since day 1. Skorge is alright but no match for the General!
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,',
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|
    ;;;;;;;;;:'

LOVE the GREEN

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Teejay V21

btw creative writing!
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,',
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|
    ;;;;;;;;;:'

LOVE the GREEN

RAAM FTW literally LOL, good stuff man. I could see the entire scenario.
    Signature removed, over allowed size

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iRage HD7

That was GREAT!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Favorite map: Raven Down Favorite Pickup: Frags/Boomshot Favorite Playlist: KOTH

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thanks guys Yeah, RAAM is the man. I don't know how anyone can even have a doubt that RAAM would own Skorge.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: supamanjd xCBAx

Haha Raam kicked Skorge's butt, and there isn't any way Skorge would beat Raam EVER! Long Live The General.
    "Ain't enough freaks to keep this man down,WHOOO!"-Augustus "Cole Train" Cole
    *:Superstar Cole/Aaron Griffin:* *:Savage Theron:*
    Gamertag: supamanjd xCBAx Current Medal:Big Money: "I'm Rich B****!" Onyx Weapons: Gnasher, Retro Lancer, Lancer

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I know man, RAAM is superior in every way.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Croswynd

This was great, N1ssassa. It could have been longer, showcasing RAAM against the others, or perhaps having the entire tournament be a short story, but this scene you gave us is plenty for my imagination to run wild with possibility .

There was good use of vocabulary and description here, with the prelude to the fight scene nice and introductory. The fight was savage, brutal, and quick. Just like most real fights are. No prolonged DBZ angst, just wham, bam, over. I liked that.

The only thing I could suggest is to separate your paragraphs better, to add tension and just to keep it all from being rather large wall of text. Also, your use of 'SKORGE' and 'RAAM' got repetitive quickly. Suggest using differing descriptions to break up the monotony.

Otherwise, I hope you're entering the Assignment this month. Your stories are always a pleasure to read.

Boomshot

Good , That is enough RAAM

Seems many TV and movie use this way to stop...like Spartacus..

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HyperJudgement

Nice read!
    Thanks to Motion for the Liquid Green skins!
    Thanks to Voodoo_nachoman for the flaming Sawed-off!
    Thanks to Flak for the Lancer avatar prop!
    Thanks to gear elite 970 for the Lambent weapon skin!
    Thanks to Gears_Of_Law for the Team Metal skin!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Croswynd View Post
    This was great, N1ssassa. It could have been longer, showcasing RAAM against the others, or perhaps having the entire tournament be a short story, but this scene you gave us is plenty for my imagination to run wild with possibility .

There was good use of vocabulary and description here, with the prelude to the fight scene nice and introductory. The fight was savage, brutal, and quick. Just like most real fights are. No prolonged DBZ angst, just wham, bam, over. I liked that.

The only thing I could suggest is to separate your paragraphs better, to add tension and just to keep it all from being rather large wall of text. Also, your use of 'SKORGE' and 'RAAM' got repetitive quickly. Suggest using differing descriptions to break up the monotony.

Otherwise, I hope you're entering the Assignment this month. Your stories are always a pleasure to read.

Wow, thanks a lot Cros. Didn't realize it would have that positive of a reception. This was just something I threw together at work on a whim, I just always love writing RAAM tribute stuff. I'll take the paragraph separation and repetition into account in the next thing I write. I've been planning on entering this month, I'm just really struggling to formulate a decent story around the topic.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: de2de

Yeah raam is the best but i have to say skorge really would be a good rival for him
    LANCER FOR THE WIN
    BROTHERS TO THE END
    COLE TRAIN, RAAM

Thank you lycan for the sge!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunmasta129 View Post
    Yeah raam is the best but i have to say skorge really would be a good rival for him
    BANNED FROM THREAD FOR BEING A TRAITOROUS DISSIDENT. No, just kidding I agree man. I do think the level of badassery contained in the games that these two demonstrated is VASTLY uneven, but I think Skorge would be able to put a DECENT fight up against RAAM one on one, if he could keep RAAM from getting a hold on him. RAAM's major disadvantage is his speed, but that doesn't really come into play much because he's a tank. Skorge is fast and agile so he could get at RAAM's head, his only weakness, but if he let RAAM grab him it really would be over.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sleeveless Man

I know Myrran was the big baddie in Gears 3, but they should've had one more Locust Commander make an appearance somewhere as a mid-campaign boss fight.

The. Again, why bother, no one can outdo RAAM.

Great work again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Santiago View Post
    Look, a Scorcher. Ben would've liked this. That kid really loved fire.
    Support a new Locust, Bolter, for Gears 3 MP! Click Here!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

That was great
    Allfather

They want you, soul and body

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mikedachamp1983

raam is so boring skorge is a lot better

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zilla Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Marceant View Post
    raam is so boring skorge is a lot better
    RAAM used his Kryll to butcher two battalions of Gears and Onyx Guard, then slayed Valera and Kim.

Skorge fell off his horsey.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jay the Arbiter View Post
    RAAM used his Kryll to butcher two battalions of Gears and Onyx Guard, then slayed Valera and Kim.

Skorge fell off his horsey.
    So glad I didn't even have to say anything hahaha

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: da 70 70 hatred

RAAM. He could easily beat skorge

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: STK Knoxy

In Gears of War 2 Skorge was hardly a boss battle he run away like a little p#ssy when RAAM stood his ground and met his end with honor. RAAM FTFW!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Haha yea RAAM is a tank!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

RAAM was a true warrior and lead his troops by vicious, brutal example. Skorge was just a Kantus with a special weapon that the queen gave him. His dreads weren't part of him, it's a headdress. He's just not all that special. Although I must say, his NECA figure is my favorite of the ones I have. It's SO sick.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zilla Junior

It's just too bad for RAAM fans, the three times we've seen him have ended with him hurt or humiliated (or dead), they really should do a Comic, book or DLC where it ends with RAAM standing victorious over the slaughtered humans. ;p

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I disagree, Jay. In RAAM's Shadow, he decimated the human forces, and the only reason Kim escaped with his life was because RAAM was stuck, but he definitely got his revenge on Kim. I haven't played it in a bit though, so I don't remember if he was injured or not. I know Kim did nothing with his chainsaw. The only times I have seen him was original Gears, and in the RAAM's Shadow DLC. What's the third? It really pisses me off that I can't play the DLC without an internet connection, because my net goes down a LOT. I wish NECA would make series 4 of the Gears 3 figures a rerelease of RAAM at like 8 and a half inches tall to fit his actual size, a Myrrah, Barrick, and Bernie. I'd buy every single one. The RAAM figure is AWESOME, but disappointing because it's smaller than most figures.