1 2.78%
  • Wingman

0 0%
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iRaw xlPacManlx

Default Amber Alert for Original Gears Fanbase

Before I even start, sorry for the long read

Where is everyone? Warzone and Execution always have less than 1000 combined playing in the WORLD!

May as well delete Wingman and Capture the Leader because they generally have less than 500 in the WORLD.

Team Deathmatch has 5,000+ at any given time (not including Ranked and QM combined).

If the original fanbase prefers Team Deathmatch, could some of my fellow forum members (who faithfully play TDM) tell me why they prefer TDM over the original gametypes of Execution and Warzone.

Personally, I don't like the concept of beating somebody and then they have the opportunity to shoot me in the back (constant spawn flips). Or the malevolent players who (immediately upon dying and respawning) switch to the Retro/SOS and have the ability to hide around any unforeseen corner and get a cheap kill.

I'm not bashing TDM, I'll still play it but only if I can't find an Execution/Warzone match that isn't riddled with bots.

What is the general preference of my fellow forum members..
    I HELPED CREATE THE "CASUAL" PLAYLIST!!! Proof: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...oob-population..
    Higher than a level 25 using the Sawed-Off is like Rampage Jackson fighting with Brass Knuckles 0_o

World counters are beyond broken. This gears has the largest active player base of any gears title to date. CTL and Wingman in my region are always 1000 or better. Only war zone is below 1000 here. TDM is near 11000-12000, koth usually around 4000
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iRaw xlPacManlx

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    World counters are beyond broken. This gears has the largest active player base of any gears title to date. CTL and Wingman in my region are always 1000 or better. Only war zone is below 1000 here. TDM is near 11000-12000, koth usually around 4000
    So can I infer that when it says "Playing in my region" means in my Country and "Worldwide" means in my Continent?
    I HELPED CREATE THE "CASUAL" PLAYLIST!!! Proof: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...oob-population..
    Higher than a level 25 using the Sawed-Off is like Rampage Jackson fighting with Brass Knuckles 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by DatBoyPacMan View Post
    So can I infer that when it says "Playing in my region" means in my Country and "Worldwide" means in my Continent?
    Worldwide is jacked up big time. Last night mine said 10,000 or so ppl were playing TDM. My region had like 11,500. So just ignore that counter. Your region is just that, your regions data center. Nothing else. Each region has its own server cluster and data center it connects to.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Boomshot

Re spawning.

/thread.
    My Youtube channel
    Please check it out. I upload random clips almost weekly and I upload episodes and funny little videos now and then.<3

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kuronishen

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    This is truth.
    [][] Anthony Carmine///Savage Kantus
    [-.-] Golden Gnasher///Flaming Hammerburst
    ["]["] QM KotH///QM TDM

Gears 2: \\★// 8/12/10, Seriously 2.0: 4/5/10
    Gears 3: \\★// 8/11/13, Seriously 3.0: 8/1/12

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Small Mango

Living in Australia, it's very hard to find games in Warzone/Execution. It often says 1 or 2 games in my location... and when I search there are more bots than players. So I am forced to play TDM (I voted for exectution)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Avid Ashes

I haven't played TDM in just about two and a half months. I'm always playing Execution because it's so much more enjoyable.
    Thank you Epic for making one of the most insane games I've ever played!!!!
    Check out my YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/incineratefire

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MongooseRawr

I play QM Warzone. Ranked warzone tends to have 1 player literally in my region. I like quick match anyway like many others. Personally, I am not into respawning gametypes in this game.

Iron Guard

I don't pay any attention to the counters. I've seen them at 0 before and still got in a game.
    "We were trying to recreate what happened 25 years ago, and I said 'Larry would you like to make a toast?' and someone said 'Larry went home to take a sh*t'."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FelisLeo

Only gametype I DON'T play that much is Capture The Leader. Everything else is equally in use. Everything is better with a good team.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

KoTH, I love the big gooey messy cluster**** action that was often GoW 2 Annex. While watered down in GoW 3, it's still my go to gamemode, and the one where I feel I am best at.

This is closely followed by Execution. The value of your single life, the relatively fast paced rounds (in the right lobby) and the emphasis on teamwork and 'brotherhood' are great in Execution.

I despise TDM, but because I play with friends, it's coming close to overtaking KoTH matches played. It's a horrible gamemode. Warzone, but a bit longer and it offers the chance for 'lone wolf' behaviour because people care about their Kill/Death. Having played over 500 TDM games, I can honestly offer my opinion on the fact that it destroys the other playlists. With a TDM attitude in KoTH/Execution, there is little chance of success, and that is why I dislike it. You can almost tell when a TDM 'pro' joins your lobby in either gamemode. The movement, the positioning and the general situational awareness all tend to lack because they are required to a lesser extent than in KoTH, in my opinion. I may be wrong, but I'm only saying what I see and feel.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

MSgt. Shooter Person

tdm = yuck. doesn't fit in this game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7 View Post
    tdm = yuck. doesn't fit in this game at all.
    I'm not sure how this makes any sense. A respawn game type whose objective is to kill the other team in a shooter. You may not like it, which is fine, but that doesn't mean it " doesn't fit".

Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    . It's a horrible gamemode. Warzone, but a bit longer and it offers the chance for 'lone wolf' behaviour because people care about their Kill/Death. Having played over 500 TDM games, I can honestly offer my opinion on the fact that it destroys the other playlists. With a TDM attitude in KoTH/Execution, there is little chance of success, and that is why I dislike it. You can almost tell when a TDM 'pro' joins your lobby in either gamemode. The movement, the positioning and the general situational awareness all tend to lack because they are required to a lesser extent than in KoTH, in my opinion. I may be wrong, but I'm only saying what I see and feel.
    This issue in KOTH has nothing to do w TDM being present. These same things occurred long beforeTDM. Players not playing the objective is old hat for gaming.
    Last edited by NFI; 04-18-2012 at 04:59 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Viva Dongodon

Well I know the counters aren't exactly right. No players in the world playing quick wingman? Okay. Took about 5 seconds to put me in a game (only 3 other people there though). I use to play TDM all the time with almost 800 matches played. Supplemented by a very small amount of King of the hill. The others were played a bit, with capture the leader the least. Then guardian arrived and I've played just over 150 matches of that. And the execution events were played quite a bit too. After playing all those after my TDM spree, it has lot a lot of steam. Having some sort of objective or 1 life seems funner to me. I only really play it now when I'm on late at night when my friends are asleep and there's fewer people online. Which will most likely get changed to guardian or king of the hill.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Acidviolet

I'm a CTL/Gaurdian fan myself but just go on TDM just for xp
    Please watch this video and tell me what you think:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPSj2qQCjSY