View Poll Results: Should Onyx Guard Decoy have the abiloty to use a rifle.

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

258 96.27%
  • No

10 3.73%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MartyredMessiah

You could even go further to add extra levels, level one has pistol, rifle and shotgun, level two has a heavy weapon.

That and make him stay within a distance of whoever upgraded him (like a bodyguard) it might keep him alive

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DroidxP

He's pretty much useless right now, no point in even maxing out my decoy level.
    Baird & Paduk. <3

Hammerburst > Gnasher.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: V 1 P ER X29

could use a few player's to send me some FR for some of those achievements? ! V1PER X29
    Girls Dont Play With Dolls

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Mordin Solus

Give him a Boomshot or something.

Problem is, he may kill himself.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iXi Drag0n iXi

Should it have the ability to use a rifle? Yes, should it spawn with one? No.

I'd prefer it to have a 500 damage per shot, shotgun as opposed to a rifle, it's more helpful in Horde for the most part, but it would be nice to be able to give him rifles but you probably can't due to the fact that it has nothing to trade other than the shotgun which I think should stay on it regardless.

I would much rather be able to repair a dead onyx guard for X price as opposed to having to rebuild it all over than give it a rifle.
    (Y)
    (X)-----(B)
    (A)
    "I completely respect your opinion, as long as you keep it to yourself."
    -Diamondback
    "A kill is a kill no matter how you slice it, even if you slice it with a chainsaw." - JoeGraf.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bacon Carmine

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Raven View Post
    It doesnt matter what gun he's carrying, the only thing he's good for is boosting your Medic medal
    No, because generic medals don't count in horde. Probably why you should support Patrick Kerr's thread
    If you want to see all my Forum or Gears Parodies just check here! Click!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sempmrh

I just recently maxed out my decoys and last night I figured I'd try upgrading to the Onyx Guard to see what it's all about. Thing is, by the time I got it, we were going into the boss wave and the bot found himself in the middle of a bunch of Boomers and Kantus. Pretty useless on a boss wave but I guess it would be okay for waves ending in 1 up to waves ending in 5 or so.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

43 votes for yes. Awesome. Let's keep em coming. Bump.
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

MSgt. Shooter Person

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY IS THIS STILL A THREAD DISCUSSION IT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED SO LONG AGO!!!!!

ehm

But seriously out of every Horde fortification feature this was the one that had the most promise.
    You could build a small awesome army to work alongside you in a battle against the Locust! I loved the idea of these massive battles between the Horde against you, your buddies and the Onyx decoys.
    Of course this was immediately messed up and still hasn't been fixed or mentioned as an issue by epic to my knowledge.

So to sum up not only do they need a Rifle but more importantly:
    Shouldn't cost 10,000 that is insane amount a silver back is 12,000. Gets rid of any incentive to buy the Guard let alone more to make a cool squad which adds up to at least 20,000-30,000.
    Shouldn't run out like a suicide solider because then they die immediately thus making your 10,000 worthless which then means nobody will use the cool 'new' feature. Perhaps make them stick around a purchased base or stay near the player.
    Shouldn't have to purchase from level 1 decoy if it dies. I mean what the hell nothing else does why this?
    Also I don't mind really about this point but make his kills count towards the money pot. At the moment having this bot while being funny and stupid really is nothing but hurtful to the team. Wasn't the aim of Horde teamwork?

So please epic I know you probs will but don't ignore this subject there has been a lot of past threads asking for these simple changes. I am very thankful for you creating such an amazing game like Horde 2.0 but it could be so much better if you even simply made the price changes. So think about it!!!
    Last edited by TenaciousTom; 04-19-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    Dom-inating since 2006

"Running away won't help! I'll just shoot you in your asses!" - Dominic Santiago to fleeing Sawn off shotgun users after they miss a shot.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

Hehe, there's still not a single no voter. This just goes to show that everyone would like a change to this Onyx Guard.

Posting to show more support. It's not so much a decoy as a suicide bomber.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Here's hoping for more yes votes. Bump!
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I Carmine COG I

I agree with you OP.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CARMINE COG View Post
    I agree with you OP.
    I appreciate the vote. Hopefully we can get 200 or more.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Queen Riful

the only thing to onyx guard decoy is good for is reviving teammates. Wave 50 of insane horde and 4 of us were down. Believe it or not but the onyx guard saved 2 of us before we could get killed. Most useful decoy ever. Although the highest amount of kills I've seen him get was 3 and 1 of those kills was a suicide battle with a ticker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Guarrd View Post
    I'm fiery too, baby
    When you are not on edge you take up too much space

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LegendaryOldSon

Quote Originally Posted by RockChucker View Post
    He should spawn with the dreaded perfect-aim, no-kick, infinite-ammo bot version of the Retro Lancer, sawed off shotty, pistol and no freaking smoke grenade!!!!
    He should have the wingman AI to stay tight with the person that upgrades him.
    This would be perfect old son, along with the ability to exchange weapons with his builder.

Splendid thread Dizzy old son, been thinking how to improve that little buddie of mine.
    "Horde me up old son"
    Bring Beast/Horde mode to Gears 4

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

Give him a rifle and some brains. Really, at this point, he's the worst fortification in Horde.

From my experience, everytime I unlock him, he gets 1 down and then dies. Really, I just spent $5000 bucks (plus the money from all the other Decoys) for one down?

I don't see how anyone can justify buying him. I really don't.
    Last edited by Fade To Bacon; 04-20-2012 at 03:15 AM.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBacon View Post
    Give him a rifle and some brains. Really, at this point, he's the worst fortification in Horde.

From my experience, everytime I unlock him, he gets 1 down and then dies. Really, I just spent $5000 bucks (plus the money from all the other Decoys) for one down?

I don't see how anyone can justify buying him. I really don't.
    I agree 100%. After I maxed out my decoys I will never use him. Tbh, the one before it with the explosives is better. At least that one gets multiple kills when the enemy crowds to destroy it.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

55 votes and a 100% in favor? That's impressive. Maybe Jim Brown (The guy that also did the Classic Horde event) can work his wonders to help us out here.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

Of corde he needs a rifle. You might as well not get him on Insane...totally useless.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggs View Post
    55 votes and a 100% in favor? That's impressive. Maybe Jim Brown (The guy that also did the Classic Horde event) can work his wonders to help us out here.
    55 is impressive, I'm truly aiming for 100-200 yes votes without a no. I'd like to keep this thread in view so we can get some more support.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    Of corde he needs a rifle. You might as well not get him on Insane...totally useless.
    Thanks for showing your support bud, I also voted in your thread BTW. Execution rules are excellent!

Veteran

He's a dissapointent really, i think he should spawn with both really, gnasher and lancer.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Acidviolet

i agree, in beast they have rifles so why not in horde
    Please watch this video and tell me what you think:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPSj2qQCjSY

Veteran

You invest so much in him and then he goes lone wolfing with a goddamn gnasher? he dies really fast an just isn't woth it.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ant Heuser Kush

I never bought an Onyx Guard lol But I'll vote yes for the people who

EGFC #274|Military Vets
    I was Over Seas fighting at War while you were playing the Beta.
    Thank you OScaveman, DanTheGamer11, iMisfitz, Flak, LuckyBacon and III LYCAN III for the codes.
    Forum Guide Rank Reset Forum Coding

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by l BiN0CULARz l View Post
    I never bought an Onyx Guard lol But I'll vote yes for the people who
    Ha be glad, usually when he sees enemies he'll run to them out of cover with his shotgun. Then when he is close he will just melee them instead of gibbing them with the shotgun, making him a very easy target for Flame Grenadiers or Maulers.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mochtroid127

At least the actual decoy before him will distract locust, kill them eventually, and stay where it's supposed to. If you have a guard on Waves 1-3 he will probably die (from Tickers -_-), if you have a guard on Waves 4-6 he will probably die (from either Kantus or Grenadiers or maybe something else depending on what enemies you get), and if you have a guard on Waves 7-10, he will probably die (from...almost anything!).

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D Piddy 82

I wish he was little bit taller,
    I wish he was a baller
    I wish he had a lancer that looked good
    I would swap her
    I wish he had a Dizzy in a hat with a bat
    and a '64 Mauler...

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by D Piddy 82 View Post
    I wish he was little bit taller,
    I wish he was a baller
    I wish he had a lancer that looked good
    I would swap her
    I wish he had a Dizzy in a hat with a bat
    and a '64 Mauler...
    Lol, very clever.
    Here's another bump for more votes. 68 yes, no votes for no. Let's keep it going strong.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Another bump.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: vaPhoenixBlaze

I'd love this to happen.

Redeemer
    MCDonalds, fighting off the Zombie Horde.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MasterAlex09

Give it an Insane bot AI and a Retro. All 50 waves of horde done for 30-70k (depends on the map.)

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Masteralex09 View Post
    Give it an Insane bot AI and a Retro. All 50 waves of horde done for 30-70k (depends on the map.)
    An insane bot AI would help a lot, but I'd rather see him hold a rifle before we go down that road. Retro bots are pretty awesome, and really accurate.

Iron Guard
    Behind you sticking you with teh smoke grenade
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cool5t0rybro PSN ID: Lm-274

you werent kidding about 100% support 0.0
    Level 31:Re-Up:1
    Cascade Marcus
    Cascade Markza/Gnasher
    Spot Grenade/Ink Grenade
    kbai

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: haloFAN 365

Quote Originally Posted by Gears of Wario View Post
    He's just not worth buying.
    my same exact thoughts. my friends and i play on insane horde i upgraded to the onyx guard only just after unlocking him and that was the last time i did that after finding out i can't swap weapons with him.
    all horde players unite in supporting this thread...

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...s.-635-Support!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cool5t0rybro View Post
    you werent kidding about 100% support 0.0
    Yessir. Hoping for 200+

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

81 and going strong. Another bump, thanks for all the support

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr Mind Flayer

I support.
    Proud Christian.

Currently refusing to purchase GOW: Judgment, or any related merchandise, for lack of acceptable content and poor customer service.

MSgt. Shooter Person

give him a rifle at spawn or an intelligence makeover
    proud member of the EGFC

A BIG thank you to Yosoypr for the jungle tai code
    A BIG thank you to seven blessed for the baird code
    A BIG thank you my wife saffsie for the cob web and lambent skins, and my daughter for the paintball skin

why put "for the horde" when playing as locust in judgement. there is no horde....mode

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Come on guys support this, 84 votes and still a rate of 100 %

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast