Thread: Gamebattles

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Monsieur Worm

Default Gamebattles

Anybody here ever used Gamebattles before? Is it worth checking out?

I am wanting to try it out with some of my buddies and i was wondering what some of your experiences have been with it..

Mainly i am just wondering if the matchmaking typically matches you up with people around your same skill level.

Please just list what your overall experiences have been with it before and is it worth me and my buddies time.

EDIT: Anyone used BeyondGaming.com before??
    Last edited by BOSSxWorm; 04-16-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    Thanks Flak for the SGE code!!

GT: Monsieur Worm

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Anatomy of Rain

I have an account, but I have no idea how to find teams of people to play against.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A S S IM A IN

you make a clan, who you play is random. the higher your opponents rank + if you beat them = more points gained.

personally my experiences with it aren't too positive. a lot of the matches end up being disputed, so you better have a capture card and know how to upload videos etc. most of the times teams will argue about who has host bla bla, its like a sport without a ref...

not to mention every cheap aspect of the game is apparent. it will be a complete rifle fest.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GOLEAFSGO View Post
    you make a clan, who you play is random. the higher your opponents rank + if you beat them = more points gained.

personally my experiences with it aren't too positive. a lot of the matches end up being disputed, so you better have a capture card and know how to upload videos etc. most of the times teams will argue about who has host bla bla, its like a sport without a ref...

not to mention every cheap aspect of the game is apparent. it will be a complete rifle fest.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm also looking at Beyondgaming.com also to check out...it looks pretty good too as opposed to Gamebattles. i don't know though

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AoW KingFenix PSN ID: AoWKingFenix

I tried in Gears 1 and 2 for a little bit. The experience was not fun at all. People take it seriously like money is on the line or they will get sponsored, the site may be good to find scrims but the Team Ladders aren't very fun, at least for me. I understand it's more competitive but it's just not for me, i have more fun being a pub star
    Farewell Epic Forums. It was fun.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

I have friends that have done this and have not had great results. What GOLEAFSGO said, I have also heard a lot, argument of who actually won. I have not heard good things at all.
    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    ôThat which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.ö - Christopher Hitchens

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

ok...looks like i should avoid it then...i may try beyondgaming...it seems well run but again, i dont know. Has anyone here ever used beyondgaming.com before?

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashes

I've been staff on GB iff and on for the last 3 years as a forum mod, Referee and Admin.

My advice: unless you're heavily interested in the competitive scene don't use it.

In order to guarantee wins, you have to have a capture card for proof, because people will dispute matches they lose just to be an ass, or because they don't want to lose their perfect record. Some teams will do anything, and I mean ANYTHING to get the win, even if it means IP Flooding or Lag Switching. It's honestly more of a headache than it's worth, which is why I stopped playing and have just been a Ranked "tryhard" with my friends.

Gamebattles: Where 99% of the top teams use a host with a GODLY Gnasher/Lancer who sponges like crazy, or they cheat.

As for Beyond Gaming, I've never used them. But there's always the possibility of assholes there as well.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

FraggedNation's alright, I've had a few matches on there and there's generally a lot of respect (except for the occasional sh*t talking before a match lol)

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MongooseRawr

I've constantly heard about disputes with gamebattles.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AoW KingFenix PSN ID: AoWKingFenix

I think GCON supports teams looking to scrim as well, not sure on the etiquette of players though same for Beyondgaming.
    Farewell Epic Forums. It was fun.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BRADEN OWNZ

I have an account, I don't have a team though.

As a team player I'm good, but I can't hold my own in the singles bracket. I'm pretty straight with the gnasher too.
    Last edited by BRADEN OWNZ; 04-16-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DaGRiM DeStRoYr

I would also like to know about beyond gaming, I am definately not getting back into GB, because that website has become synonymous with "tryhard".
    Thanks to Capt23n I have finally obtained SGE!
    Cog: Bernie Mataki/ Coletrain/ Com Dom/ Mech Baird LE
    Locust: Myrrah/Savage Maurader/ SGE (Thanks to Capt23n)
    Loadout: Lancer/ Gnasher
    EGFC Member 249
    Formerly known as ChelseaGRiN

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    I've been staff on GB iff and on for the last 3 years as a forum mod, Referee and Admin.

My advice: unless you're heavily interested in the competitive scene don't use it.

In order to guarantee wins, you have to have a capture card for proof, because people will dispute matches they lose just to be an ass, or because they don't want to lose their perfect record. Some teams will do anything, and I mean ANYTHING to get the win, even if it means IP Flooding or Lag Switching. It's honestly more of a headache than it's worth, which is why I stopped playing and have just been a Ranked "tryhard" with my friends.

Gamebattles: Where 99% of the top teams use a host with a GODLY Gnasher/Lancer who sponges like crazy, or they cheat.

As for Beyond Gaming, I've never used them. But there's always the possibility of assholes there as well.
    Thanks for all the info Gnashes

If we decide to play some GB's i will post back here with my thoughts...once again, thanks for all the help everybody.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: STEVE IRBAN 627

Please, just don't do it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE IRBAN 627 View Post
    Please, just don't do it.
    What was your experience with GB?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HeyNiceShoes

I did gamebattles waaaayyy back when for Super smash bros brawl lol.. people lagged it up and disputed matches then, and a few months ago i wanted to give Gears 3 a shot and my FIRST match, i beat a guy on his own host 2-1, and he was ranked 56th in the singles ladder. He disputed it, and because it was my first match i guess they beleived his story over mine. You can do GB all you like, but NOT UNLESS you have a capture or video card thingy like eevryone is saying. WHen they try and dispute you, you can whip out the proof and bam you get a win and hopefully they get in trouble. If you dont have anything to record the proof of the score then its not worth the headache.
    -Hammerburst- *Message received*::: "Your name should be HeyNiceMod."

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: STEVE IRBAN 627

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSxWorm View Post
    What was your experience with GB?
    Played one GB game. The guys cheated. They went against their own rules and counted the game as a win. It's really pathetic. Don't do it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Honestly the best thing you can do is find a really good team by playing matches and ask to play against them. I played against a pretty good team the other day (with a team of randoms of course) and got my butt handed to me. It was fun going up against people who were really good at the game though.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tenshunz

Hey I feel that gamebattles is kinda easy its because I played it for awhile... You don't need a cap but some sort of way just to get the scores just in case (like a phone) But people havn't really been disputing lately. If u want check out my youtube for gamebattles content: Youtube.com/itenshunz

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MRIIBOJANGLES

I usd GB before and i didnt like it. Tbh i thought a lot of the teams were jusy assholes and didnt care how they got the W. I use WGL with the clan im in. The season hasnt started yet but every scrim we've had, the teams seem to be nice guys and i find it a lot more fun than GB. Never used Beyond Gaming tho

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ManicRaider

I was excited about GameBattles when I first heard about it but then I saw/read about how it works and I don't think it's right for me.