Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: Lag Issues.

  1. #1
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Quicker than s__S
    Posts
    2,650
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Sgt.MilkAJug

    Default Lag Issues.

    Anybody else having random lag occurring left and right?No matter how many times I switch to different matches, my character looks like it has parkinsons and can teleport beyond time and space.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxfinest View Post
    yo i've seen a bunch of losers on these forums but man you have to be the biggest one. Lol you really took the time to make a video for people on the forums? i mean who the **** gets up in the morning and says "oh golly after eating my cocoa puffs im gonna make a video so i can get some attention".
    Epic Quote

  2. #2
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    44
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: isux2

    Default

    Lol, i feel your pain, every damn match i play is on p2p since yesterday, dedicated servers are a myth.........

  3. #3
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Neebanator

    Default

    I have to agree this game has gone to **** since Saturday for me in the uk, something has defintely gone tits up epics end, as nothing has changed connection wise for me and since there is so many people complaining about it its not exactly coincidence is it. I hate the oh its your connection replies etc etc, or get better at the game, listen the game worked fine on this connection before so how can it be that all of a sudden now.

  4. #4
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    5
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: R0ADKiil

    Default

    Same over here in Puerto Rico. It's been mayhem since last Thursday. Can hardly find matches and when I do, It's P2P. And I do have all the DLC to play on the servers. Seems we have been shafted once again.

  5. #5
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    5
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: R0ADKiil

    Default

    At least now I know it's not only me

  6. #6
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Holly Springs, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,772
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A CANADIAN

    Default

    I find it lags when I play the new maps with Guardian. If I play the old stuff like Wingman and such it actually played pretty well. Last night anyway. Still, I prefer Guardian and wish it would be fixed.
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,¡_
    ||___---_¡c»(\)ÌÌÌÌÌÌ||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

  7. #7
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coswurv View Post
    I have to agree this game has gone to **** since Saturday for me in the uk, something has defintely gone tits up epics end, as nothing has changed connection wise for me and since there is so many people complaining about it its not exactly coincidence is it. I hate the oh its your connection replies etc etc, or get better at the game, listen the game worked fine on this connection before so how can it be that all of a sudden now.
    Was definitely peer to peer last night in the UK. Some shocking things going on in-game. I said in another thread, I really wouldn't mind if Epic simply put an in-game message at the Main Menu saying something along the lines of, "Hi all, apologies but servers are down for maintenance at the moment and will be back on-line on dateX". That way I'd know not to waste my time.

  8. #8
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Neebanator

    Default

    Yeah or do what bfbc3 have done, you can rent your own servers, i'd be all over that if it happened. I'd even pay a monthly subscription to guarantee to be on servers.

  9. #9
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    5
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: R0ADKiil

    Default

    When you pay $60 for a year of Xbox live you don't expect to have servers included? What do you think you are paying for then?

  10. #10
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Neebanator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill2012 View Post
    When you pay $60 for a year of Xbox live you don't expect to have servers included? What do you think you are paying for then?
    No but when you pay £100 for gow3 and the season pass and it states on the back of the game case "DEDICATED SERVERS", i expect to bloody play on them, yes.

  11. #11
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Why the heck is it even laggier today!
    Savage Kantus [Y], Adam Fenix [Y], Savage Grenadier Elite [Y], Commando Dom [Y], Mechanic Baird [Y], Cole Train [Y], Flaming Skins [Y], Gold Retro Lancer [Y], Infected Omen [Y], Season Pass Holder [Y]
    Gears Of War 3 | Level: 400/400
    «[☆]» | K/D: 2.8 | W/L 7.5 | Brutal Legend

    Thanks Gnashes for my Emergence Baird code ;]]
    I <3 Gears 3 ¬‿¬ 

  12. #12
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    5
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: R0ADKiil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coswurv View Post
    No but when you pay £100 for gow3 and the season pass and it states on the back of the game case "DEDICATED SERVERS", i expect to bloody play on them, yes.
    That makes 2 of us then. But it seems they have become a Marketing Monster with no word. I remember when I got conned into buying Bulletstorm. They initially said that you would have to buy bulletstorm to be able to play the Gears 3 beta, so I bought it. Then they started giving the beta to everyone who pre Ordered Gears 3. I ended up with a VERY lousy game I spent $65 on just for a Beta Code, and then everyone who pre ordered with $5 got a beta code, which I had allready paid for too, so I was very much pissed off. Well it seems they have conned us again. The servers were OK until they sold the game copies they wanted to sell and now they will let us rot playing on P2P(At least in my region don't know about the 48 states). It has made a masochist out of me, I love the game, when It plays like it should, I would hate not buying anything EPIC related ever again, but if this keeps up that's what's gonna happen.

  13. #13
    Marrow Fiend

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Posts
    4,600
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: LambentHammerB

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill2012 View Post
    That makes 2 of us then. But it seems they have become a Marketing Monster with no word. I remember when I got conned into buying Bulletstorm. They initially said that you would have to buy bulletstorm to be able to play the Gears 3 beta, so I bought it. Then they started giving the beta to everyone who pre Ordered Gears 3. I ended up with a VERY lousy game I spent $65 on just for a Beta Code, and then everyone who pre ordered with $5 got a beta code, which I had allready paid for too, so I was very much pissed off. Well it seems they have conned us again. The servers were OK until they sold the game copies they wanted to sell and now they will let us rot playing on P2P(At least in my region don't know about the 48 states). It has made a masochist out of me, I love the game, when It plays like it should, I would hate not buying anything EPIC related ever again, but if this keeps up that's what's gonna happen.
    That's kinda your fault. Bulletstorm was advertised to give you EARLY access to the beta (1 week). That's it. It was long known BEFORE Bulletstorms release that'd you'd get Beta access with a GoW3 pre-order. So you being pissed off was 100% your fault.

    As for Dedicated Servers - I get them 99% of the time. I haven't had "Host Migration" in forever.
    People assume since they get some lag it's not on dedicated servers. If you join a game and you've seen everyone leave that was present when you first connected and didn't get migration - you're on a dedicated server.
    Dedicated servers do NOT equal a lag free experience. They improve the connection (as they are generally on higher speeds) and remove the host aspect (a player with 0 ping). However your connection to the dedicated server itself is based on your connection and location still. If the nearest dedicated server is 1000km away from you; of course you won't get 10 ping but rather something like 100-200 (or more depending on your internet speed).
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal


  14. #14
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raam™ View Post
    Why the heck is it even laggier today!
    Was shocking just now in the UK. No fun at all when bullets aren't even firing when I tell them to.

  15. #15
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Neebanator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    That's kinda your fault. Bulletstorm was advertised to give you EARLY access to the beta (1 week). That's it. It was long known BEFORE Bulletstorms release that'd you'd get Beta access with a GoW3 pre-order. So you being pissed off was 100% your fault.

    As for Dedicated Servers - I get them 99% of the time. I haven't had "Host Migration" in forever.
    People assume since they get some lag it's not on dedicated servers. If you join a game and you've seen everyone leave that was present when you first connected and didn't get migration - you're on a dedicated server.
    Dedicated servers do NOT equal a lag free experience. They improve the connection (as they are generally on higher speeds) and remove the host aspect (a player with 0 ping). However your connection to the dedicated server itself is based on your connection and location still. If the nearest dedicated server is 1000km away from you; of course you won't get 10 ping but rather something like 100-200 (or more depending on your internet speed).
    See this is the kind of reply i hate, you state there about servers not equalling lag free game play, who said it did? the fact were putting across is that our connections havnt changed yet the gameplay has signifi****ly changed in the last week, so how can it be "our connections"? plus people leaving games and "host migration" coming up!, i think that says it all to be honest. If your one of the lucky few to live in areas where the internet is fibre optic or a very good speed then i cant see you are gonna have many issues but when you only have 3 meg down and .36 up, this is where you require servers to play and you can notice the difference in any change be it slight or not. I have the said crappy speeds and before it went tits up last week i have been able to play the game fine believe it or not, but im telling you something has gone wrong or been switched off.

  16. #16

    Default

    having lagspikes in all matches out of nowhere since thursday april 5 too after 2 months of perfect connection

    weird thing is I only get them in gow 3

  17. #17
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Ottobot Prime

    Default

    I am just unhappy with the fact that the game had been behaving oddly because of this server situation. I belive Epic should let us all know if the server were going to be down or either removed. It is not fair to the community when we are not publicly notifed about issues (Twitter, Facebook, GoW3 website, Epic website). If people hide things from the community then we all get pissed since we feel we are being played around with. Epic, I respectfully ask for you to fix this lag issue to restore the balance. This has been going on for way too long and we didn't pay to play another version of GoW2
    Everything in Moderation; Even Moderation.

  18. #18
    SCOTT KOHLMEIER
    Guest

    Default

    I think this all boils down to saving resources, and net player count. They probably devised an algorithm which maximized their use of (x) number of servers per (n) number of players in a region. If we are lucky, maybe more kick in during peak hours (doubt it). Thus, your best time to try to get on a dedicated server is during the Early morning AM or maybe the late night. Not really, sure because I do know that you also have the possibly of being merged onto another regional server or player base during specific times of the night.

    Who knows, I guarantee the reason we do not see a connection signal, or a server message, etc. all goes into how they do not either have enough, or simply do want people having the pseudo effect of thinking their connection is better. In all honestly, I would just like to be able to log in and play a decent game. Not have a 1/5 chance of getting a good connection.

  19. #19
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    -.- i can't even get a single kill now
    Savage Kantus [Y], Adam Fenix [Y], Savage Grenadier Elite [Y], Commando Dom [Y], Mechanic Baird [Y], Cole Train [Y], Flaming Skins [Y], Gold Retro Lancer [Y], Infected Omen [Y], Season Pass Holder [Y]
    Gears Of War 3 | Level: 400/400
    «[☆]» | K/D: 2.8 | W/L 7.5 | Brutal Legend

    Thanks Gnashes for my Emergence Baird code ;]]
    I <3 Gears 3 ¬‿¬ 

  20. #20
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Neebanator

    Default

    Well if it continue's like this who is gonna play it?

  21. #21
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Norway!
    Posts
    908
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: SweeeterTundra

    Default

    TC: As it happens in every game you join, it is probably your internet connection.. I have occasional issues with lag, but when I switch game, it most often stops (Unless someone streams movies etc )
    Claiming you're skilled whilst playing with the Sawed-off is like claiming you're an architect because you're good at building Lego.. (Not the case anymore - after nerfing - but I still like the quote )
    If you need any help on the forums, feel free to check out: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...m-(dictionary)

    Proud member of ~SicaRius
    Please contact me or visit

    http://www.sicariusclan.com/home

    if you are interested in joining.

  22. #22
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    the land of tequilla
    Posts
    397
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cristiano pecad

    Default

    i remember the first month of game play ohhhhhhh so sweet so great no spongee no lag now its only overpass and lagggg

  23. #23
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Neebanator

    Default

    What gets on my tits is that no official word at all, it's like they just don't care.

  24. #24
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Ottobot Prime

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coswurv View Post
    What gets on my tits is that no official word at all, it's like they just don't care.
    The getting on your tits part is hilarious (good'ol British expressions); yeah, I even comment on the official page, facebook, twitter, and no response from Epic whatsoever. I mean, why not just be upfront with it so people can stop guessing what the problem is and at least be more understanding about the situation. Like I said on my previous post... if you hide **** people tend to get pissed off about it.
    Everything in Moderation; Even Moderation.

  25. #25

    Default

    I have the DLC maps havent seen a host migration ever so its not that also my nat is open, assigning dmz or opening ports didnt help.

    Im from Mexico at a city border to Texas, got 40 mb download and upload connection, usually get good pings to USA 26ms > 40ms to a Missouri server. 2 months of 24/7 lag free since i get the game, from April 5... Lagspikes in every match ._. mw3 is still lagless almost all games are full bars and speed/pingtests are stable.

    Maybe a change that screws foreigners ips only?
    Last edited by Amorpho; 04-17-2012 at 06:19 AM.

  26. #26
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    222
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: iiNoXiOuSsx PSN ID: xUnR3ALxKHAoSsx

    Default

    Yeah ive seen some lag issues myself

    makes you want to throw your controller at the wall but pick it up after checking if it hasnt broken

  27. #27
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Neebanator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iiNoxiousHD View Post
    Yeah ive seen some lag issues myself

    makes you want to throw your controller at the wall but pick it up after checking if it hasnt broken
    I did this once to a black controller and completely destroyed it, glad i didnt have my gow3 pad in my hand at the time !!

  28. #28
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    It was terrible Saturday evening in the UK. Constantly playing against sponging French players and at one point people from Brazil!! Why on earth are people based in the UK and Brazil being paired together?! Outrageously laggy.

  29. #29
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Ottobot Prime

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amorpho View Post
    I have the DLC maps havent seen a host migration ever so its not that also my nat is open, assigning dmz or opening ports didnt help.

    Im from Mexico at a city border to Texas, got 40 mb download and upload connection, usually get good pings to USA 26ms > 40ms to a Missouri server. 2 months of 24/7 lag free since i get the game, from April 5... Lagspikes in every match ._. mw3 is still lagless almost all games are full bars and speed/pingtests are stable.

    Maybe a change that screws foreigners ips only?
    This is affecting everyone; including people that live in the States... Ever since that update 4 the game just went to the crapper. I'm not even driven to play it that often cuz it irks me when I am getting killed by spongy characters that take point blanks to the chest/face and still run trail like a mofo.
    Everything in Moderation; Even Moderation.

  30. #30
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, U.K.
    Posts
    3
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Mysqueek

    Default

    Right Ive played in two different parts of the country (I'm from the Uk I live in London but I'm a university student living in Stoke), I've played on two different internet connections 10mb and 20mb. Since the recent title update along with the DLC, the game doesn't have the buttery smoothness it had before. I've played on both before the update and I knew when I was killed and when I killed. Now I have to prejudge where I shoot, my movement is a step behind what my side of the server is showing me and sponging has become crazy. Now this only happens in KOTH, when I played in Zeta (I joined midway through a game), my connection was balanced, the gameplay was even, even though I got beaten in a lot of 3 v 1 situations, but I didn't feel cheated on getting killed. They felt legit. This honestly doesn't make sense, why in one playlist its fine, and on the main playlists is completely different. It's not all down to connection, somethings bugging the servers and causing the connections to dip very frequently. All I want to know is why it's happened and if Epic are aware. A connection doesn't suddenly go from smooth to **** in an instant. There's got to be something more

  31. #31
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,257
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The Wavegun

    Default

    I was not on servers ALL DAY yesterday, and on someone from Mexico's host. It was horrible.
    Every match "Host migration"! It was unreal, I couldn't even be my preferred character.

    I was never host. It was passed on to another person from Mexico (the enemy team)
    Teleporting and lagging back places I had already gone away from.

    EPIC needs to implement A REGION FILTER!
    It will most likely solve most of our problems. No matter where you're from!

    Does "my connection" beg to be at a disadvantage?
    Last edited by TheEnvironment; 04-29-2012 at 09:37 PM.

  32. #32
    Boomshot

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Anvil Gate
    Posts
    2,559
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CHEEZMO619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnvironment View Post
    I was not on servers ALL DAY yesterday, and on someone from Mexico's host. It was horrible.
    Every match "Host migration"! It was unreal, I couldn't even be my preferred character.

    I was never host. It was passed on to another person from Mexico (the enemy team)
    Teleporting and lagging back places I had already gone away from.

    EPIC needs to implement A REGION FILTER!
    It will most likely solve most of our problems. No matter where you're from!

    Does "my connection" beg to be at a disadvantage?
    Can they implement this type of filter? If so then they have been asleep on this.

    #SemperFi
    "I WOULD RATHER LIVE ONE DAY AS A WARRIOR THAN 100YRS AS A COWARD" THERE IS NO ANSWER FOR THE LANCER
    GANGSTER YOUTUBE EGFC member #187
    Big thanks to Karma Cop, III LYCAN III , tyrvas and MOMMA CHER
    Gears of War COG ammo box

    DropBox Referral

  33. #33
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RuLez83

    Default

    Same thing is going on in Brazil Servers. I don't know what are Epic doing about this. Every match have lag, and every time is throwing connection host migration. And even some times hung up during map change and kicks you out.

  34. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Haha it's Mexico players at the uk ...

  35. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Just played a game with my Bro and it played like sh$t cuz we playing with the Mexico ppl so funny

  36. #36
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Its so damn laggy even today...i dont know whats going on but the game is turning to **** so fast its not even funny...

  37. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    When u play with some1 look where there from of Mexico there u have it lag City

  38. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZMO619 View Post
    Can they implement this type of filter? If so then they have been asleep on this.

    #SemperFi
    There already is a inherent filter. You only connect to your regions data center and players within. That's all. It's been stated repeatedly that Mexico connects to servers IN the united states found on the west coast. It's meant to be that way. There are also ppl outside of Mexico who speak Spanish.


    Quote Originally Posted by rulz83 View Post
    Same thing is going on in Brazil Servers. I don't know what are Epic doing about this. Every match have lag, and every time is throwing connection host migration. And even some times hung up during map change and kicks you out.
    Host migration means you are not on a server.

    Quote Originally Posted by SprayPLAY View Post
    When u play with some1 look where there from of Mexico there u have it lag City
    Quote Originally Posted by SprayPLAY View Post
    Haha it's Mexico players at the uk ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SprayPLAY View Post
    Just played a game with my Bro and it played like sh$t cuz we playing with the Mexico ppl so funny
    Stop spamming the thread. Make one single post. This will net you an infraction. This forum is not your personal blog.
    Last edited by NFI; 05-02-2012 at 02:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  39. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Blackening
    Posts
    8,510
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

    Default

    Reading the posts in this thread makes me lol.

    Apparently if you're from Mexico, you're automaticlly host and your connection sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

  40. #40
    T-A-Z
    Guest

    Default

    hi i live in the uk lag is terrible i play a lot of horde and occasional other modes but since sunday daytime/evening this has got worse.i did contact my internet supplier but there is no problems with my internet,i have a ethernet connected and not wireless)can anyone please help me further what i can do.many thanks again


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •