MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Fattieman PSN ID: Fattieman

Default Gears 3 (Games on Demand) Tech. Error

UPDATE: Apparently if you eject the tray with the disc & re-close it, it will stop making the disc spin.

A VIDEO DESCRIBING THE ISSUE POSTED BELOW:

This is an error I have been experiencing with Gears of War 3 purchased on Games on Demand (being played off the hard drive with no disc required). The issue is that if there is another disc in the tray, it will start spinning as if Gears of War 3 is trying to read the disc.

This is the only "GoD" title I own that has this issue, others work without a problem.

I deleted the cache on the hard drive, which worked once. But once I turned off the Xbox, and played the game later on, the issue came back!

I was wondering if other people have been experiencing this issue, and whether or not someone might see this and forward it to the Xbox Live Marketplace crew for a possible patch.

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTW13...1&feature=plcp
    Gears of War: 1250/1250
    Gears of War (Windows): 460/1000
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750
    Gears of War 3: 1505/2000
    Gears of War: Judgment: 920/1000

My Internet Speed:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1409663056.png

Playing Gears of War since March 16, 2007.

"Seriously..." Unlocked on 12-05-2013 (Unlocked at: 18,008 Kills)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

*BUMP*

Anyone have any issues with this as well, and/or possible fixes?

My Internet Speed:

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

Sorry, i missed this or would of tried to help sooner. I cant watch the video atm as im at work but will check it out when im home. If your online today though could you please exxplain the actual issue, can you still play the game? or is it asking specifically for the disk? is it a simple case of the spinning disk annoying you or over cooking your xbox? can you play without a disk in the drive?
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DJ CARNIV AL View Post
    Sorry, i missed this or would of tried to help sooner. I cant watch the video atm as im at work but will check it out when im home. If your online today though could you please exxplain the actual issue, can you still play the game? or is it asking specifically for the disk? is it a simple case of the spinning disk annoying you or over cooking your xbox? can you play without a disk in the drive?
    Thanks for the reply! If you watch the video (it isn't very long), it accurately describes what is going on. Basically, I bought the game on the "Games on Demand" section of Xbox Live. Even though the full game is on the hard drive, the disk drive will spin even though there is a different game in the tray. This is the only GoD game I have that has done this.

My Internet Speed:

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drone

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fattieman View Post
    Thanks for the reply! If you watch the video (it isn't very long), it accurately describes what is going on. Basically, I bought the game on the "Games on Demand" section of Xbox Live. Even though the full game is on the hard drive, the disk drive will spin even though there is a different game in the tray. This is the only GoD game I have that has done this.
    I notice even with the retail version, the disc drive is spinning for a good few minutes when the game is installed on the hard drive, not had this issue with any other game.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyLocust View Post
    I notice even with the retail version, the disc drive is spinning for a good few minutes when the game is installed on the hard drive, not had this issue with any other game.
    I noticed this too. When I had the disc version, it would spin for at least the first 5 minutes of starting up. But on the GoD version, the first minute the disc doesn't spin, but after I hit the main screen, the disc spins as if it was never installed (but inside is the Mass Effect 3 disc).

My Internet Speed:

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fattieman View Post
    I noticed this too. When I had the disc version, it would spin for at least the first 5 minutes of starting up. But on the GoD version, the first minute the disc doesn't spin, but after I hit the main screen, the disc spins as if it was never installed (but inside is the Mass Effect 3 disc).
    It's likely an error in the coding, if you have the game disc but install the game to your HD it looks for the game disc to verify that its a legitimate copy before continuing play of the HD. I think when they created the downloadable version they didnt alter the code correctly and therefore it searches for game disk varification and then realises you already have it via download verification and it starts up anyway.

I didtn get a chance to watch the video last night as i was too busy but will look tonight.

If it doesnt affect your playing of the game in general then i doubt anything will be done on this issue. Does it load up ok without a disc in the drive?
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome