MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Piracy is a poor reason.

Epic Games in a nutshell - "Well, we produced a poor port with many launch day problems hampered by GFWL, but we blame piracy" Has it occurred to Epic that their game may have been pirated because it was a bad port and people didn't feel like paying $60 for it? Didn't help that the game was 6 hours long with no replayability and lowsy multiplayer either. Of course nobody said it was a bad game, though why give people an excuse. Treat your consumers like dirt and they will bite you in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManEatingHors View Post
    Now now this is what happens when you build a team around one player and said player gets injured.
    - Why gaming has gone casual.

Veteran

A poor reason for lack of sales is this? I don't know why this quote has enraged you so long after Bulletstorm's release?
    Got GUNS do you wanna, take aim at each other?
    Got KNIVES have you seen 'em, in your backs where we keep 'em!
    Milky Idea's

MSgt. Shooter Person

I gather you're not aware? Google Bulletstorm 2.
    they fail to make the link between the two which is the critical factor, a bad port doens't always mean its a bad game. It was pirated primarily due it's lack of content. It is not an assumption to say that a better quality product will sell more copies nor that bad ports are used as an excuse
    Last edited by SlothTech; 04-10-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManEatingHors View Post
    Now now this is what happens when you build a team around one player and said player gets injured.
    - Why gaming has gone casual.

Veteran

I didn't even realise it was current news that there wasn't going to be a sequel. I think you're right that piracy is a poor excuse, I was pretty underwhelmed with Bulletstorm due to a number of factors, not least the ending which was pretty disgraceful in terms of being a lazy, leave it open for a sequel option. In one of the articles I read there was the quote, "From a sales perspective it was good, but not amazing. I think EA was hoping we'd do better." which kiind of addresses things a bit more honestly! It wasn't a bad game though and it was a collaboration with People Can Fly so its hard to directly point any fingers at Epic.
    Got GUNS do you wanna, take aim at each other?
    Got KNIVES have you seen 'em, in your backs where we keep 'em!
    Milky Idea's

The Sacrifice

Bulletstorm was probably the worste console port ever. It was very buggy on pc at release and still to this day does not feel all that great on pc. I am not sure that anyone wanted to steal this game and if they did it was just to see if the rumors as to how bad it was were true!