Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dubbul ARD

Default I am sad to declare that...

I am selling my entire gears of war action figure collection.

Some may remember me but i have not shown my face on the forum for quite a long time and this is because I've now got my own house, been busy with work and just not had much time to be as enthusiastic about gears as i once was. Thats one half of the reason why i have decided to sell up, the other is i have just been keen to pursue other projects that have interested me alot more where figure collecting is concerned (wash my mouth out i know). Some may remember me declaring i would never sell my collection in previous threads and slammed people who did so and at the time, i wouldn't have sold them, but things change and if you read on i will explain why I've come to a decision to sell.

The main reason why i want to sell is that I feel that the gears toy line has become very tedious and hard work. The marcus fenix gold lancer chase varient for example, at the time of its release it was so desirable to me as a collector that i gladly paid a stupid amount of money to own one and smiled while i paid a heavy price, because it was original and the only of its type to exist in the line, now we have the anya pink lancer chase figure, the baird gold lancer chase figure and lord know's who else they have in store to do the same thing with. It lost its originality when they did that and it all feels very over done and constant, i don't mind paying silly prices for things every now and then and in fact i enjoy it in a weird way, it makes you appreciate owning such a limited piece. Basically people have ruined it by charging stupid prices for variants that aren't really very variant anymore. The sheer amount of possibility's for neca to release the same figure with a different weapon skin has taken away everything original about owning a rare and sought after figure. I feel that it has become a situation where i feel i have to buy these figures, not because i want to buy these figures. That is when i realized it was over for me as a collector of this line. My other projects would have suffered for the sake of paying for these soul absent variants and that i cannot allow. People may argue that there are only two of these varients that i'm moaning about so passionately at the moment. My argument would simply be yes, at the moment.

All in all collecting these once great figures has become boring, expensive, stressful and very much a chore. I don't think something like this is worth doing if you aren't enjoying it anymore, least of all when its costing hard earned money.

I remain a huge fan of gears of war and play it regular and i still collect toys, just because i have a house now it doesn't mean i must stop my hobbies, money is not tight and moving out is not the end of the world where toy collecting is concerned so for those who have often worried that your hobby has a life span of the day you get your own place, it doesnt i assure you, it just means you have a spare room to dedicate your collections too providing she who must be obeyed (the girlfriend) lets you

Later today, i will be listing my entire collection of gears of war figures on the bay of e, each figure a separate listing however some lesser figures will be in sets to bolster the chance of a sale. Each and every listing will begin at ú0.99p regardless of how in demand, rare or valuable the figure of that listing is, there will be no reserve and the highest bidder will take the figure, one pound or one thousand pound, i want them gone. My collection boasts each and every figure released up until the gears 3 line was launched with the acception of the the gears 3 marcus vs drone 2 pack, i have that one. It also boasts the marcus fenix gold lancer chase varient and the Anthony Carmine 2008 comic con exclusive plus the trs exclusives.

I thought i would take the time to come on hear and give you guys still fighting the good fight the heads up as i know some of you are among the keenest of gears figure collectors and i know you will enjoy and appreciate them as much as i once did. The hardcore fans deserve a head start, right.

For admin: This is not me advertising my figures through your website in an attempt to market them as much as possible to gain a financial profit, this is me giving people i consider true fans of the franchise a chance at owning figures they may not have previously had the chance of owning. I have been a member of this forum for years and you have access to proof that i have been. Close this thread if it does not comply with your rules but it will be an injustice if people dont get too see it.

Gears of war by NECA, thank you, its been fantastic but im taking a bow.
    Last edited by B41RD; 04-10-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    = MONDAY = TUESDAY = WEDNESDAY = THURSDAY = FRIDAY = SATURDAY = SUNDAY

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dizzy Walllin

I understand what your saying i feel that way towards my gears collection which i have 1000s invested and im a single man living alone with a great job yet i wonder to myself sometimes if i could do it all over again would i? Either way though i hope you the best and you really should put a reserve on the price at least half of what you paid for the collection.
    Check Out My Gears Collection!

Painmaster's Gears Collection!

Check Out The Video That Got My Topic Closed Silly Huh

Retro Is A Close Range Weapon???

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Celestial Haven

Ouch that sounds like a very painful decision your making. Im no collector of any sort I can tell this took some time to think about. I Hope the best from this decison!

Redeemer

I understand...Ive been considering selling mine....but IDK.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RacuRock

every passion has an ending time. ... good luck.

i am selling mine too but only the sealed figures... i keep the opened and only buying one of each character.

I don't care about K/D, LeaderBoards, XP points or Levels. All that i want is to have fun playing this great game. If you are interested just invite me on Live. I am not the best player but i'll do my best to stay alive and win.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N1SSASSA

Do you have either of the Marcus 12 inch figures? If so, I would LOVE to buy one from you if at all possible. I've been looking for them, and for a RAAM figure with a troika, for months. If you do have them, would you mind linking me the page? I'm in the USA, but I think I'm still able to bid on UK auctions, provided you offer international shipping.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    [Gears of War: The Onyx Platoon] - Fan Fic
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eat The Gun LOL

Go to. eBay. Com mi friend and search you may find one and that place is legit , that's your best bet eBay.com and search for what
    You want is easier and you got a better chance , Good luck
    38/65 onix medal, 131/132 Ribbons, I need help Whit, I Gotcha ribbons....i need most of the dlc achievements.I LIKE THE BLASS OF MY GNASHER SHOTGUN,,LOL Bot KILLA,,Eat The Gun LOL . I LIKE THE BOOMSHOOT HEAD SHOT THAT EPIC LOL.. .

Gore / OFF

very very nice

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Numb uK 69

I'm so sorry to hear that B4ird! You helped me out a whole lot when I first started collecting Gears. I hope you make enough money to cover what you've paid and please keep visiting the forum now and again?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N1SSASSA

I check ebay constantly but the only ones on there are the loose RAAMs from china without the troika, and 12 inch Marcus' in the box for 100 bucks. I'd rather get it loose if I could.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    [Gears of War: The Onyx Platoon] - Fan Fic
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dubbul ARD

Thanks numb it was a pleasure. My ebay has exploded with the sheer number of messages and interest ive been getting about these figures so if anyone has messaged me about them on ebay i apologize for a late reply but im not used to this selling business, im replying to 15 questions, pressing refresh thinking ive finished only for 10 more questions to appear within the space of half an hour its just madness. one thing ive learned though is some people are tight as a ducks a$$. lol.
    = MONDAY = TUESDAY = WEDNESDAY = THURSDAY = FRIDAY = SATURDAY = SUNDAY

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TwiStedxMind

Sorry to hear, I keep my thinking of selling off my collection as well, we shall see what happens
    - Veteran Gear -
    Judgment Rank - First Re Up Lvl. 33
    Founder of The Onyx Guard Group