Boomshot
    On the other side of the map, hard-aiming you with the Gnasher.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: He Bridish

Unhappy I can't play well anymore...

Seriously. I used to be so much better at this game, and now I can't even shoot someone after doing one little wallbounce. I remember in Gears 2 when I could do a 180 on someone after wallbouncing.

I would really like some tips on bouncing, or if possible, add me and we can practice on private. I don't encounter many wallbouncers anymore so I'm probably not used to using it or killing other who use it. My GT is Horde Artisan.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
    Everyone bought the new GOW Judgment controllers where (A), (Y), (X), and (B) buttons are replace with one giant (B) Button.

Iron Guard

I recently became totally inept at using the Gnasher. For some reason I started pulling the left thumbstick left as I was shooting, like trying to sweep the shot across the enemy, obviously leading to missing every shot to the left. Dunno why I started doing that and took me a while to stop it! I also forgot how to hip fire with any great success so spent an entire week just hardaiming at people and missing to the left.

It's weird when that happens, after playing 1000 games of Gears, just forgetting how to do the most basic thing.#

You're a level Green 200 though, so you must have been doing something right.... or boosting
    "We were trying to recreate what happened 25 years ago, and I said 'Larry would you like to make a toast?' and someone said 'Larry went home to take a sh*t'."

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito117 View Post
    I recently became totally inept at using the Gnasher. For some reason I started pulling the left thumbstick left as I was shooting, like trying to sweep the shot across the enemy, obviously leading to missing every shot to the left. Dunno why I started doing that and took me a while to stop it! I also forgot how to hip fire with any great success so spent an entire week just hardaiming at people and missing to the left.

It's weird when that happens, after playing 1000 games of Gears, just forgetting how to do the most basic thing. You're a level Green 200 though, so you must have been doing something right.... or boosting
    I only boost medals. I could be on my Gold Wings if I could be bothered to kill enough reavers.
    I'm doing nothing right. I can't even wallbounce, especially when it is sticky, which is about 50% of my games...
    Everyone bought the new GOW Judgment controllers where (A), (Y), (X), and (B) buttons are replace with one giant (B) Button.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

Just keep playing. It will come back to you. I struggled with this a few weeks ago, but I kept playing and got out of the slump.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

MSgt. Shooter Person

Take a break from the game. I just started playing gears again after a month break and in the last 3 days I'm back rocking a 2.9 K/D and only lost 3 games. sometimes the more you play the worse you play because you get more and more frustrated.

MSgt. Shooter Person

What's your look sensitivity? Also are you using alternate?

There's the guide that skyllus made here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnjihXkjcoU

It starts off at the basics but it does include some "drills" you can do to practice.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: father russia67

One thing that I always keep in mind, realize that you don't wall bounce just for the sake of wall bouncing but you wall bounce because you want your opponent to have to move his screen as much as possible in order for him/her to shoot you.

A lot of people go into cover and bounce right off, that doesn't really serve too much purpose because say that person has slow reactions, if you bounce off the wall too quickly then they are still going to be shooting you in the same spot.
    Allow Xbox One Users The OPTION To Opt-In To 24-Hour Checks At The Benefit of Family Sharing, etc. http://chn.ge/13TXpJx
    lIl Level 100 in GoW2 lIl Level 400 in GoW 3 lIl High Roller in GoW:J lIl
    Image TuT:
    Right Click Image: "Copy Image Location" then put in [*SHOT] [*/SHOT] without *
    ...................................................... .......................................... ................................................. "Open eyes observe, an open mind creates."

MSgt. Shooter Person

I feel people wall bounce way too much I think it's affectiveness is a myth to tell the truth I see guys wall bouncing to me
    I hard aim and that's that for them in a 1 on 2 yes but in a one on one it's waste IMO

MSgt. Shooter Person

Did you higher your sensitivity recently?
    Big shoutout to Pikemoney for hooking me up with the Greenies!

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by bronx bomber View Post
    I feel people wall bounce way too much I think it's affectiveness is a myth to tell the truth I see guys wall bouncing to me
    I hard aim and that's that for them in a 1 on 2 yes but in a one on one it's waste IMO
    Well if you play the top ranked TDM players for example, the ppl that rape everyone and mvp every match, they bounce A LOT, but time it properly.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

Get this a lot lol, never consistent when playing.

I wouldn't try so much with wall bouncing- it's really not needed like it was in G2. If you can strafe well, you won't really need to bounce unless you want to avoid multiple people.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Fart View Post
    What's your look sensitivity? Also are you using alternate?

There's the guide that skyllus made here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnjihXkjcoU

It starts off at the basics but it does include some "drills" you can do to practice.
    All are on 30. Has been since 30 sensitivity came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Russia View Post
    One thing that I always keep in mind, realize that you don't wall bounce just for the sake of wall bouncing but you wall bounce because you want your opponent to have to move his screen as much as possible in order for him/her to shoot you.

A lot of people go into cover and bounce right off, that doesn't really serve too much purpose because say that person has slow reactions, if you bounce off the wall too quickly then they are still going to be shooting you in the same spot.
    I wallbounce to put them off guard, just before they shoot their next shot. I try to be unpredictable, but am not sure whether I should bounce to the side or actually face the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx bomber View Post
    If you can wallbounce properly then it works in many situations. I mix up strafing and wallbouncing.

Quote Originally Posted by UrzA. View Post
    Did you higher your sensitivity recently?
    All are on 30 and it has been since they changed it. I'm fairly used to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rate View Post
    Well if you play the top ranked TDM players for example, the ppl that rape everyone and mvp every match, they bounce A LOT, but time it properly.
    True. I find it to hard to bounce randomly while still landing shots.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaaaz View Post
    Get this a lot lol, never consistent when playing.

I wouldn't try so much with wall bouncing- it's really not needed like it was in G2. If you can strafe well, you won't really need to bounce unless you want to avoid multiple people.
    I find strafing too boring. I guess I can do it fairly well but I often play Gears just to wallbounce. It's one of the things that makes it unique to me compared to other popular shooters.

Redeemer
    MCDonalds, fighting off the Zombie Horde.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MasterAlex09

If you want to Wall Bounce Easy Change your setting to alternate. Helped Me!
    I adapted to it pretty fast though(I got good W/ it the same match I used it n)

MSgt. Shooter Person

You might want to consider lowering the sensitivity a tad for a little while to see how it feels. General fps rule to lower speed to increase accuracy. If you are more consistent overall it could be worth the tradeoff, especially if it feels better.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Masteralex09 View Post
    If you want to Wall Bounce Easy Change your setting to alternate. Helped Me!
    I adapted to it pretty fast though(I got good W/ it the same match I used it n)
    I already have. I use Claw, 30 sensitivity (which I'm used to) and alternate controls. I don't think there is much more I can do apart from getting an Onza controller. And that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fart View Post
    You might want to consider lowering the sensitivity a tad for a little while to see how it feels. General fps rule to lower speed to increase accuracy. If you are more consistent overall it could be worth the tradeoff, especially if it feels better.
    I honestly think 30 look sensitivity still isn't high enough. I could probably go to 40 if I could.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Anger Biscuits

I need to get used to bouncing on Alternate. I would be down for some practicing. GT: sB Torque
    GT: Anger BiscuitsLevel: 100Follow me on TwitterGoing to seriously get used to alternate this time.Thanks to IIILYCANIII for the SGE <3If you're from the forums and see me in a game. Feel free to say "Hi!" If you use the Sawed-Off shotgun in pubs, I wish cruel things upon you.I'am poop at Gears

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TH3 ZomBiifieD

My gnasher play has suffered recently also. Every-time i try to wallbounce and stay accurate i end up losing my target. I was thinking about lowering my sensitivity for a little while. Always using my retro is impeding my memory of how to maneuver with the gnasher all the more. Seems like players are able to stay more acurate then me usually unless i hardaim.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by sB Torque View Post
    I need to get used to bouncing on Alternate. I would be down for some practicing. GT: sB Torque
    Unfortunately I won't be on until Saturday. If you want to switch, I would do Act 1 of Arcade on Casual. Really helped me. Unfortunately you won't be able to play Gears 1 properly because it doesn't have alternate controls.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TH3 ZomBifiieD View Post
    My gnasher play has suffered recently also. Every-time i try to wallbounce and stay accurate i end up losing my target. I was thinking about lowering my sensitivity for a little while. Always using my retro is impeding my memory of how to maneuver with the gnasher all the more. Seems like players are able to stay more acurate then me usually unless i hardaim.
    The Retro is probably the last weapon I will Onyx. It just stops wallbouncers in their tracks, it's stopping power is that huge. Heck, I don't even have chance to shoot my Gnasher a 2nd time before I'm downed.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf View Post
    I already have. I use Claw, 30 sensitivity (which I'm used to) and alternate controls. I don't think there is much more I can do apart from getting an Onza controller. And that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

I honestly think 30 look sensitivity still isn't high enough. I could probably go to 40 if I could.
    Ever heard of Kontrol Freeks bro? They help in shooters to give you more leverage, and a greater range of motion. I never used them personally but i know a few friends i used to play with in L4D Gamebattles that swore by them.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

I find strafing too boring. I guess I can do it fairly well but I often play Gears just to wallbounce. It's one of the things that makes it unique to me compared to other popular shooters.
    It's a shame that it's nowhere near as effective, or needed, as before.

On the other hand, one of the reasons it was effective was because of the lag lol.

Trade off, unfortunately.
    Level 47/100

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

MSgt. Shooter Person

do something different. change the gametype. change when you play. change your characters. change your underwear. just do something different. like some people said, maybe you need a break.
    Thank you Ev0l, Flak, and EPIC for the Commando Dom and SGE Codes!!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

It's a shame that it's nowhere near as effective, or needed, as before.

On the other hand, one of the reasons it was effective was because of the lag lol.
    Maybe because in Gears 2 if you took cover you went faster than walking? The faster movement in Gears 3 probably makes wallbouncing almost useless, I mean you slide at the same speed as in Gears 2 right?

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Ever heard of Kontrol Freeks bro? They help in shooters to give you more leverage, and a greater range of motion. I never used them personally but i know a few friends i used to play with in L4D Gamebattles that swore by them.
    So they are controllers???

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Yeneral Yank View Post
    do something different. change the gametype. change when you play. change your characters. change your underwear. just do something different. like some people said, maybe you need a break.
    I can't. It's simply too boring without Gears.

If anything, I would have to play more to try and improve.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

So they are controllers???
    Na, they are extended thumbsticks. They help the most if you have large hands. They also make it easier to aim because of better leverage for your thumb. "more range of motion" I'll probably try out a pair after i get my Turtle Beach X43's and a new controller.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Maybe because in Gears 2 if you took cover you went faster than walking? The faster movement in Gears 3 probably makes wallbouncing almost useless, I mean you slide at the same speed as in Gears 2 right?
    Yeah that too.

Basically everything changed in G3 greatly reduced the effectiveness of wallbouncing lol. One of the reasons it's much harder to clutch with gnasher
    Level 47/100

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Yeah that too.

Basically everything changed in G3 greatly reduced the effectiveness of wallbouncing lol. One of the reasons it's much harder to clutch with gnasher
    I remember one clutch in Guardian on Blood Drive in Gears 2. Was so amazing. If it was the same in Gears 3, I would of been killed by an Active Hipfire Lancer, Retro Lancer, SOS, or by an extremely spongy female.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Na, they are extended thumbsticks. They help the most if you have large hands. They also make it easier to aim because of better leverage for your thumb. "more range of motion" I'll probably try out a pair after i get my Turtle Beach X43's and a new controller.
    I have very small hands.

I really don't want to get equipment because I suck at wallbouncing. It's not that drastic.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Impatience

If I don't play for several weeks I feel the same way. The only game I can pick up and dominate on after not playing for awile is Halo.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Impatience View Post
    If I don't play for several weeks I feel the same way. The only game I can pick up and dominate on after not playing for awile is Halo.
    I haven't had that much time of using 30 sensitivity so that may be the issue so far.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ElGordo94

I've also lost some skill in this game. In Gears of War 2, I was great, in the Gears of War 3 beta, I was awesome, and in the first month of Gears of War 3, I was good...but then I started getting worse; my k/d went down and I started getting angry more often...You might be like me and think the current multiplayer content is boring....But who knows...