View Poll Results: Ranked Matches or Quick Matches?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ranked Match

23 25.84%
  • Quick Match

66 74.16%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Ranked Matches or Quick Matches?

Hey guys,

I just want to see what people play in the forums. I would like to play Ranked majority of the time but people on my friends list have given up on Gears of War 3 and im tired of always versing against stacked teams.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: El Pistolero GL

You need to acquire more friends that play gears because playing ranked by yourself is never advised.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero GL View Post
    You need to acquire more friends that play gears because playing ranked by yourself is never advised.
    Im actually beast at Gears and it's just a shame that my friends have given up

Boomshot
    Soloing Top Lane. Can't camp your tower I got perfect harass.

Used to be a ranked only player in Gears 1 and Gears 2. However playing Gears PC till Gears 3 came out I got used to playing Public matches where everyone was speaking Spanish so the trend just continued into playing Quick in Gears 3.

I don't mind the exp loss the games go from match to match faster and it works better for my newer schedule where I find I have less time to play. So might as well play as much as possible.
    Need help with the 500 Silverback Rocket kills achievement? Visit the Silverback Service Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Totallysafe View Post
    I have never seen someone give someone else a code because they were fed up. This is a first.
    Enjoy your LGS EXTREME NOOBHUNTER. Thanks FL4K for my Mech Baird and III LYCAN III for my SGE.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Three Monkeyz

Quote Originally Posted by Indyy View Post
    Im actually beast at Gears and it's just a shame that my friends have given up
    5 Lancers will change that in a hurry. It doesn't matter when 5 people all work together.
    Thanks to oldson59, Jill, Rishy, Cher, Lycan, *Zap*, mullases, jg420, and Flak for all the epic codes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminologgy View Post
    Its a matter of opinion in the end and i dont argue over those, i respect your view and offer mine, nothing more or less
    Need help with pictures, signatures, or coding? Clicky!
    When was the last time YOU updated your back-up!? Clicky!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Coleyman07

I play primarily Quick Match. Shorter matchmaking times, ability to leave when I please. I don't have to put up with stacked teams; which is why I'm sometimes liable to playing Ranked Stranded.

Redeemer
    Still waiting for my shots to register...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saxophone18

I play Quickmatch mainly because I lonewolf it 95% of the time, and mostly because I like the option to leave mid match without penalty. Also I don't care about my K/D and W/L and in Quickmatch it just seems like those stats don't exist to me, if I was playing Ranked I would feel like I have to play good, but in QM I have zero pressure to play well

I haven't touched Ranked at all in Gears 3.
    Now I lie awake and scream in a zero gravity and it's starting to weigh down on me. Let's abort this mission now. Can I please come down?
    So tonight I'm calling all astronauts, all the lonely people that the world forgot if you hear my voice come pick me up, are you out there? 'Cause you're all I've got!
    And tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box and I lost all signal when I lifted up now I'm stuck out here and the world forgot...Can I please come down!?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have no friends that play Gears so I play QM
    Tai
    MASSIVE Thank You to Valkyrie20 for the Season Pass and Cher for the Com Dom!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Totallysafe View Post
    5 Lancers will change that in a hurry. It doesn't matter when 5 people all work together.
    That's what i hate but i occasionally play G3 competitively and i know how to beat these kids if i have a stacked team that'll communicate and know hat they are doing

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

On those days, QM
    Allfather

They want you, soul and body

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nunchake

Used to play mainly QM, but switched to ranked for the challenge and for the fact that there's hardly any bots.
    Nothing is the same anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by RaveOnLufc View Post
    After reading through the forums recently I have come to the conclusion that all a lot of members really want is a hug.
    XBL & Twitter: Nunchake <-- Find me there as the forums close and we wait for our new home.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by A Crunchy Plum View Post
    I have no friends that play Gears so I play QM
    ^^^^ This is me. LOL

MSgt. Shooter Person

Unfortunately my real life friends have moved on from gears too after the first couple of months or so. But now I have people I met on Xbox live. When playing with them I like playing ranked(it's no fun beating on randoms and bots). But when I'm playing alone I will do quick. Just wish there was a way to change weapon skins between matches. :/

Banned

When I play qm it just doesn't feel like gears but I play ranked with one friend then we get ****ed up by people with gamer tags like ii InsTinKz loool

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by nas illmatic View Post
    when i play qm it just doesn't feel like gears but i play ranked with one friend then we get ****ed up by people with gamer tags like ii instinkz loool
    hahahha

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

I've been Ranked lately, but I usually play Quick

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A CANADIAN

I mainly play in a ranked game when I play alone. Most of my friends like QM (as do I) cause you can get in games so quick and you just keep playing. I like that and so do they. I wish ranked played more like quick. I'd play ranked more.
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dom7777

I like to play ranked, but often don't have friends online playing ranked so end up on my own against stacked teams.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JamaicanWalmart PSN ID: cheekybusta

Quick Match is too easy
    Rank reset at 29 Green GoW3 </3

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Funnel27King

I always play quick. I never have people to play with, and going on ranked solo is a death wish.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

Quick Matches all the time for me.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kidroz3

Ranked all the way
    The Chopper... Get to it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I used to play ranked but now its easier for me time wise to play quick.
    Anya = Sexiest Female in Gears

Banned

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sleeveless Man

Quick Match. I've played one Ranked game. It's all hardcore XXXxxXX MLG Pr0 117 EL1T3xxxxxxxXXXxxx kids. Not fun at all. It's not hard to play, just not worth it.

Quick match is where the fun is had, most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Santiago View Post
    Look, a Scorcher. Ben would've liked this. That kid really loved fire.
    Support a new Locust, Bolter, for Gears 3 MP! Click Here!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

Alone = Qm
    Some friends = Ranked

So mostly of the time I'm by myself : /
    Allfather

They want you, soul and body

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mz ThInG tWo

I personally prefer Ranked over Quick match because it's much more difficult and besides sometimes on your own you can win full teams, it's not that hard ^_^
    www.Youtube.com/KatieGreen2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkshot View Post
    The best girl for me has to be (on this forum) Mz ThInG tWo, she has beaten nearly all of the so called 'best' players on Gears and she's highly underrated because she's a girl. Very smart and knows what to do in every situation. I've seen girls on Youtube like GirlPoison, Y JeTeR, but they're basic players who just so happen to play GB, whereas Mz ThInG tWo has good movement and comes 1st regardless of who she plays with.
    Quote Originally Posted by xIIchrisyboyIIx View Post
    Mz ThInG tWo, I also agree she is by far the best female player online and mechanically can play against any top player.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabby5004 View Post
    Mz Thing tWo who might be the best player I've seen. At least top three. I want a rematch
    Quote Originally Posted by NamelessMagix View Post
    Think i played against Mz ThInG tWo on judgment TDM long time ago. Was pretty good.

Banned

I play Quick Match more because I am very busy and sometimes have to leave during the game so I play Quick. Also because it is, well, quick. And I don't like waiting to find other players for another game. I like to play with the same ones.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soulxamazing

Quote Originally Posted by Mz ThInG tWo View Post
    I personally prefer Ranked over Quick match because it's much more difficult and besides sometimes on your own you can win full teams, it's not that hard ^_^
    If you think taking on full teams is easy you must either have godlike randoms on your team or you run into un skilled clans.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xPuritania

Quick Match. Can't find any Ranked games at all down here unfortunately, the numbers are so low.

Banned

I honestly don't understand why people are so afraid to play Ranked.
    People even bring full teams into Quick Match.. This sucks for me because I'm a late night gamer and have no choice but to play Quick because no one is in Ranked. I just don't see the fun in killing bots and split screeers all day. I'd rather play against experienced players, it fun, and its a good way to become a better player.
    I personally think the game should recognize bots/ players more distinctly and reward kills in stats and XP accordingly. I know people bring full teams into Quick to kill bots all day, and its sad that 10 bot Kills in Quick, is the same as 10 player kills in Ranked.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IX SharkShot XI

100,000,000% Ranked.
    Quick Match bores the life out of me.

Banned

Not to mention, why even have leaderboards for Quick Match? I'm always baffled by player who praise their high rank on QM boards when they kill a lot of bots daily. Ranked> Quick.. If I want to kill bots, I do private.

Boomshot
    Driving a Centaur down your street all hopped up on Dizzy Juice
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Viewing the hue

I play quick math because i don't have much experience playing with teams but i would like to.
    Smoke Grenades, you will come to fear them.
    [[II[[]]II]]--oo--{}

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IX SharkShot XI

Quote Originally Posted by allcitychessclub13 View Post
    If you think taking on full teams is easy you must either have godlike randoms on your team or you run into un skilled clans.
    If you're from the UK, you'll know Mz thing two. And that she has a reputation for beating full teams on her own D:

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soulxamazing

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkshot View Post
    If you're from the UK, you'll know Mz thing two. And that she has a reputation for beating full teams on her own D:
    Every good player i have ever played with always left me out to dry while three people lancered me down but if you got it then you got it. Also im not from the uk but with the way matchmaking has been acting its only a matter of time before i start connecting to Europe...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr Gjuice

Quick match stranded all day because i may have to leave to do something at any point.
    Classic Dom||SGE EMBRY STAR
    Lancer, Hammerburst, Retro Lancer, Gnasher, Sawed-Off
    \\★// - Gears 2/66 - Gears 3
    thanks to DrFace007 for the xbox skin, |||LYCAN||| for IO, MB and SK, BRUTE for the SGE, And CHER for the Cole Plushie
    Save a carmine today. Back up your save file. EGFC # 262

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ms Kazehana

I prefer Ranked, but since I play solo most of the time, I stick to Quickmatch. Faster transitions between matches and I can jump in and out at my leisure, Quickmatch is what I play most.

"Tief in meinem Herz Bist du Verbor" R.I.P. Rory BumGod I think about you every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteNub
    it's about your preference, teammate pops a spot after you smoked, run through the mist predator style
    I'm Sekirei #3, Kazehana. There are only 2 people that are allowed to talk down to me. And YOU are neither of them.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ms Kazehana

Quote Originally Posted by Art of Drowning View Post
    Not to mention, why even have leaderboards for Quick Match? I'm always baffled by player who praise their high rank on QM boards when they kill a lot of bots daily. Ranked> Quick.. If I want to kill bots, I do private.
    Quickmatch is not just full of bots. You can only get full bot matches if you can slow down your internet speed.

"Tief in meinem Herz Bist du Verbor" R.I.P. Rory BumGod I think about you every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteNub
    it's about your preference, teammate pops a spot after you smoked, run through the mist predator style
    I'm Sekirei #3, Kazehana. There are only 2 people that are allowed to talk down to me. And YOU are neither of them.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_PIP_M View Post
    Quickmatch is not just full of bots. You can only get full bot matches if you can slow down your internet speed.
    This. I usually play quick and the games are full most of the time. I'd play ranked more, but I play late at night and the only gametype I can find a match in at that time is TDM and I don't care to play TDM most of the time now. Ranked Guardian is a ghost town at that time, not to mention Execution and KOTH.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast