Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: INFINITE HAZARD PSN ID: BrutalOverdose

Default No Flaming Retro Unlock and I wasn't reset

I have never been reset and I was sure I played within the first week. I checked my achievements and I unlocked "Welcome To the Big Leagues," "Lambency," "Welcome To Versus," "Level 5," and "Level 10" all on 9/27/11. So how is it that i could not have received the ribbon and therefore my flaming retro skin? Does any body know why? Or could tell me how to get in touch with a epic employee to see if they can fix this?

Thank you.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

I don't think you received the Flaming Retro for that. I only unlocked mine about 2 weeks ago, really random, it just appeared.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TJY1972

hmm... but did you play from 20th to 26th?
    could be that 27th was start of week2.
    Gears was released 20th Sept '11
    Very big THANKS to...
    EPIC + CHEEZMO619 + Flak + Cher + III LYCAN III + o WU LYF o + o RalstinatoR o + Eyedea + Total Eclipse + Viewing the hue + Yosoypr + SpinelessOyster
    ...you are all AWESOME!!

Special Thanks to
    + III LYCAN III's Daughter +
    + ToxicFlint +

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TJY1972

Quote Originally Posted by TheGnasherBeast View Post
    I don't think you received the Flaming Retro for that. I only unlocked mine about 2 weeks ago, really random, it just appeared.
    Yes it was for that, originally everybody had it the 1st week due to a glitch,
    then it was removed & recently it was unlocked to all that played 1st week of release.

some people due to reset are unable to unlock it.
    Very big THANKS to...
    EPIC + CHEEZMO619 + Flak + Cher + III LYCAN III + o WU LYF o + o RalstinatoR o + Eyedea + Total Eclipse + Viewing the hue + Yosoypr + SpinelessOyster
    ...you are all AWESOME!!

Special Thanks to
    + III LYCAN III's Daughter +
    + ToxicFlint +

Prisoner 849

i got mine , you dont get a message like other skins unlocking does, so check your weapon skins it might be there

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by katchtwentysix View Post
    i got mine , you dont get a message like other skins unlocking does, so check your weapon skins it might be there
    If he knows how he should have gotten it don't you think he has already checked his weapon skins?

You probably didn't unlock the ribbon OP.
    Many people played online during week 1 and didn't unlock the ribbon because the ribbon was glitched in the first place.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Beta Tester
    Thank you Eat Ground for Com Dom!
    Thank you FL4K/Lambent Veteran for Adam Fenix and Mech. Baird!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Didn't you have to play in the first event the first week or something? I played the first week, but mostly Horde. I didn't get it either.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

I was under the assumption you needed to play between the 20th and the 27th. I had to have my copy sent from home to my university before i could play which is why the earliest i could have played was the 27th. I did check my skins and it wasn't there, right now I am under the assumption that i didn't receive the ribbon. Thank you Brasstax for confirming that others didnt get the ribbon because it was glitched. All I have seen are posts about people being reset but none about people who were not and still didn't receive it. Is there anyway I can get this fixed by talking to a epic employee or are they not handing out codes?

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by INFINITE HAZARD View Post
    Is there anyway I can get this fixed by talking to a epic employee or are they not handing out codes?
    At present no.
    I've tweeted Pete, Joe, and Rod multiple times with no response yet.
    I've also phoned Microsoft in the hopes they could generate me a code(I had the ribbon and time-stamped achievements as proof, but was rank reset) a very helpful and informative employee ensured me he would if he could but they don't have the ability to generate codes for everything in game, and the Flaming Retro is not on the list.
    But yea it is possible to have not received the ribbon even when playing online during that week. Back when the Flaming Retro Lancer was glitch unlocking the first time, many people were claiming to have never gotten the event ribbon at all.
    Its a shame Epic decided to keep it tied to an event ribbon, rather than stick to their word and release it alongside an upcoming event, or at least tie it to the much more stable achievement unlock like nearly EVERY other unlockable weapon skin. Especially with the knowledge that the thousands+ of people who have been rank reset would be denied access to it.
    Last edited by Brasstax; 04-09-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Beta Tester
    Thank you Eat Ground for Com Dom!
    Thank you FL4K/Lambent Veteran for Adam Fenix and Mech. Baird!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Ok thank you, I found your thread petitioning for time stamp unlocks for the flaming retro. A very good idea I might add. I am in full support, hopefully Epic will listen....
    The Pessimist see the difficulty in every opportunity. The Optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. ~ Winston Churchill

Boomshot

The "Golden Wings Week" event ran from September 20th through 26th. If you didn't get to play until the 27th, unfortunately you missed out on the event and subsequently, the flaming Retro. Sorry man.
    ___,...---'---..---...,,,,',
    [__--_;=-o@Reign187''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|---;;;;;;;;;;;;:'

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The "Golden Wings Week" event ran from September 20th through 26th. If you didn't get to play until the 27th, unfortunately you missed out on the event and subsequently, the flaming Retro. Sorry man.
    Well that is a bummer. I guess I won't be able to complete my flaming skin set ):
    The Pessimist see the difficulty in every opportunity. The Optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. ~ Winston Churchill

Disparity

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Unfortunately for me I bought the game on the 24th, played each day and know I had the ribbon, then I was subsequently reset in one of the following weeks. They should have an event based on Fire, maybe in horde or beast and just release it tied into that. Or people with the Beta Tester medal should get it as a token.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Disparity View Post
    Unfortunately for me I bought the game on the 24th, played each day and know I had the ribbon, then I was subsequently reset in one of the following weeks. They should have an event based on Fire, maybe in horde or beast and just release it tied into that. Or people with the Beta Tester medal should get it as a token.
    I am aware that being reset made people lose the ribbon that unlocked the flaming Retro. At this time I have not heard about anything planned to make it attainable in any other way. Sorry
    ___,...---'---..---...,,,,',
    [__--_;=-o@Reign187''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|---;;;;;;;;;;;;:'

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FreeLancer2797

Quote Originally Posted by TheGnasherBeast View Post
    same here it just gave it to me