Skaarj

Default The Invasion: Black Knife (Needs Recruits)

Read the full post from top to bottom if you have the time.
    Title: The Invasion: Black Knife
    About: The Invasion Black knife is a first person shooter video game

The story CENTERS the player named "Brian winters" (Main Protagonist) his goal to get in contact with his family and save earth from hostile invaders known as "Zenocycsts" (Ze-noh-sists) (the main Antagonists) which they (The Zenocycsts) are searching for a small (fist size) rock filled with incredible energy that has crashed on Earth in a medium sized asteroid thousands of years ago. The Zenocycsts first attacks russia , wherein after, the large Zenocycst population scatters around the world and continues to attack and search for the rock. The Player stumbles across friendly military units, citizens, and other international friendly units that will help the player reach his main goal.

Gameplay; Single player campaign: The Game Features modern and advance weapon and item equipment wherein the player may have the opportunity to customize his weapons, primary, secondary and melee. The game also gives the player freedom to interact with objects in the environment (e.g picking up objects, throwing them, use it to smash through fragile materials, break-open locked doors, ETC) The other thing here also is that the player can choose his own ability powers (Telekinesis, pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, electrokinesis) and passive abilities (see below info) to choose before the main game starts. Each mission gives out a series of objective. The player is then given a minimap and a compass in the Hud where the player is led to his/her main objective.

Plot: (Pls forgive me for the plot is still being developed but I wont hesitate in posting the intro. )
    Intro: The game takes place in June 16 2019 wherein 3 Hind Mic 24 gun ships carrying russian soldiers and scientists are almost on its way to north pole that will be researching about an unknown massive spaceship (The mothership of the Zenocycsts) that has crash landed. Dr. Isaac kokarev, a russian geologist expects and welcomes captain Patchenko along with Seargent Grakov (you) in one of the chopper. He then invites captain Patchenko and seargent Grakov (you) inside the small research facility.
    Dr.Kokarev explains about the massive mothership that not only 1 has crashed but there are still 2 other motherships according to radio frequencies and russian scientists. He then leads and shows the two of them a dead hostile alien in a morgue cell which they called it a Zenocycst and explained that it was found dead near the facility in the third day after the ship crashed. Dr. Isaac Kokarev then persuades Cpt. Patchenko and Srg. Grakov and a large group of russian assault soldiers (about 20 of them) to get samples from the ship by chipping down or scraping one of the metal sheets of the mothership. Curious, Cpt. Patchenko agrees in exchange for a large amount of money. Isaac agrees and tells them the way to the ship but only before Patchenko, Grakov, and the other Russian soldiers leave, Isaac warns them that the ship can be carrying more Zenocycsts or worse. Moments later the truck arrives near the base camp near the ship. Cpt. Patchenko commands the group to cut down 5 metal sheets from the Mothership, and without hesitation, the group (Including you) approach the mothership. Only when one of the members tried to chip down the outer cover of the ship, the ship reacts and makes a loud horn. Cpt. Patchenko commands the group to hold their ground. As the loud horn stops, Strange blue lights start to come out of the top part of the ship and later identified as hostile scouts (Zenocycst scouts where the zenocycst is mounted on an armored flying hover machine) which started to attack the Russian units. Cpt. Patchenko, Srg. Grakov and 3 other units find and take cover while the rest are wounded and killed.
    Pinned down, Cpt. Patchenko then remembers and tells Grakov that inside the main truck (Where they had been transported) is the Marine radio mayday call and asks him to run there and call in for reinforcements while Cpt. Patchenko and the rest will distract the enemies. Cpt. Patchenko warns him that its suicide and that the player must be cautious when approaching the truck alone. Afterwards Srg. Grakov (Player) Dashes to the main truck while Cpt. Patchenko and the rest distracts the enemy. As Grakov calls in for help, Dr. Isaac answers the call, In relief Srg. Grakov explains to Isaac about the situation they are facing, but Dr. Isaac struggles to tell Grakov that the small research facility also has been invaded by ground and air hostiles and they stood no chance in fighting back and that Dr. Isaac is the only one left breathing but greatly wounded after the attack. Isaac tells him that he himself witnessed that the Zenocycst were heading west instead of north (where the mothership is) and that the Zenocycsts must have started to invade Russia after the hour the Zenocycsts left. Grakov hangs up, only to find himself face to face with a Zenocycst, Seconds later the Zenocycst Charges and tackles Srg. Grakov, falls to the ground leaving him unconscious. Hours later, Srg. Grakov wakes up finding himself restrained In a container Knowing that he is inside the main ship. A Zenocycst appears carrying a laser knife alike a dissecting knife and approaches the player (Srg. Grakov). Grakov panics, struggling to break free. The zenocycst lowers the laser knife down close between Grakovís eyes. As Grakov starts to fight back, the laser knife starts to shake and unexpectedly slings through the Zenocycstís head passing through the neck and ending its way through the back, cutting the spinal cord, ends up dead, As Grakov is the one controlling the laser knife. Obtaining his own ability power, Grakov learns how to control it and finds a way out by breaking the container glass. (Grakov, a telekinetic, In this part the player controls everything in his surroundings without touching them. By pressing something on the keyboard)
    Using his telekinetic ability, Grakov defeats a few hostiles and finally finds a way out of the Mothership. Yet, more scouts comes out the ship and Grakov finds himself outnumbered and had no choice but to sprint his way to safety. Minutes later, Grakov stumbles and falls down in a huge Ice pit, Injuring his right leg.
    Just then a Zenocycst Scout jumps down to the pit (where grakov is) and finding Grakov unable to walk. Grakovís heart starts to beat fast when suddenly veins start to appear in Grakovís upper cheek bone, (see below for info of it) giving Grakov an adrenaline rush, using his telekinesis, Grakov sees an Ice shard, pulls it using his telekinesis and throws it to the Zenocycst scout just before it attacks, slicing its stomach out. Grakov climbs his way back up to the surface, struggles to stand up, walks slowly out in the frozen wasteland away from danger, Looks back at the Mothership (where Hostiles are still searching for him), walks slowly again, and after a moment, kneels down and dies of the cold. (Screen fades to black. Title appears ďThe Invasion: Black KnifeĒ)

And Thatís where im going to end guys. Though thatís still the intro and not the main game.

Now Iím going to talk about more informations about the game.

Question: What are the ability powers?
    Answer: There are 4 different types of ability powers. Telekinesis is the ability to manipulate objects in the surroundings without touching it. Pyrokinesis is the ability to control fire in the surroundings (there are plenty of uses when you have pyrokinesis like making a fireball, a flamethrower, making torches, burning up wooden objects barricading the player, E.t.c) Though making fire is impossible with the use of your bare hands only. Using matches or a lighter in the game will help the player make/produce fire. Hydrokinesis of course, is the ability to control water. Not very useful though, but there are still plenty of uses in having hydrokinesis (Like controlling ice, covering the ground with water if the player is falling for his death, etc). And Lastly, Electrokinesis, the ability to produce and control electricity in the surroundings. Accept the fact that this is one of the most useful abilities in the game (E.g hacking electric doors, hotwiring a car faster, adding major damage to hostiles especially zenocycsts, and other.) In multiplayer (If possible) Players are able to choose their own ability power, weapons, passive abilities, and customize their outfits.

Question: What are passive abilities?
    Answer: These are the abilities that are permanently attached to the player (such as having good hand-to-hand combat skills and combination, having good accuracy in marksmanship, gives yourself extra health, how fast you can sprint, etc). The player can choose 1-2 different passive abilities after the intro game ends.

Question: Are there going to be human antagonist in the game?
    Answer: I donít know yet what I do know is that the whole world will be teaming up (Including China, Japan, Russia, US, UK, Philippines, France, Germany, Scotland, All countries will be teaming up.) But I doubt there will be a few human antagonist.

Question: on what setting/place will the main game start?
    Answer: at first, Philippines where brian winters lives, then travels to USA along with Filipino and American soldiers to reclaim the land. And then I dont Know but the game will be ending in north pole.

Question: Will there be romance in the game?
    Answer: I think.

Question: How/ from where did people get their ability powers?
    Answer: im still working on that

People Needed:
    Coder,
    Modeler,
    Another designer,
    Mapper,
    And programmer.
    Last edited by bountyhunter55; 08-26-2012 at 11:06 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: houghtob1234

What will the main game play mechanics be? First-person or third-person?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LoquaciousSix

I agree, more info on gameplay and, additionally, who you are would be nice. The story sounds alright, perhaps a bit large for an indie team, but hey, it is possible. Honestly, the only thing (other than adding more about gameplay and who you are) that you could do to improve the post is to fix the grammar and spelling issues (there are a significant amount, I can read past them, but they annoy some people).

Good luck,

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by houghtob123 View Post
    What will the main game play mechanics be? First-person or third-person?
    First Person

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by fragfest2012 View Post
    I agree, more info on gameplay and, additionally, who you are would be nice. The story sounds alright, perhaps a bit large for an indie team, but hey, it is possible. Honestly, the only thing (other than adding more about gameplay and who you are) that you could do to improve the post is to fix the grammar and spelling issues (there are a significant amount, I can read past them, but they annoy some people).

Good luck,
    Thank you for the reply and the heads up.

Skaarj

And If the game is a success and has good ratings, I might even pay he/she who helped me make the game.

Oh how kind of you

Iron Guard

Wait is _____ the actual name of your company?

developed by______ and published by _______ for microsoft windows
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -
    AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
    UDK Developer & Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code) for PC, Console and Mobile
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's pronounced "underscoreunderscoreunderscoreunderscoreunderscor eunderscoreunderscoreunderscoreunderscoreunderscor eunderscoreunderscore"

I don't think you even need to comment on this one Ryan.

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by ironbelly View Post
    Wait is _____ the actual name of your company?

[/COLOR]
    no it is not ____ haha
    Last edited by bountyhunter55; 10-07-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LoquaciousSix

Ironbelly was kidding, and he was insinuating that you should remove that line. I have to agree with him too, it is really worse if you say that you don't have a company name than if you just don't say anything. In my mind, say your company name or don't even mention company names. People who start their posts with something like "I am not going to say I have a company because..." which is similar to what you are saying, really are not helping their case. The technical term for this is paralipsis, calling attention to something by pretending to skip over it. You are employing this even if it is unintentional. The fact that you (and others) start their post with that ends up looking worse than if you say you made a company etc, because, in this context, the paralipsis makes you sound like you think you are better than all the other people who have companies. I know you probably don't mean to do this, but that is the effect, I promise you that, I am coming from a very experienced background in the English Language. Just remove that line and your post automatically looks better.

Hope this helped!

Thumbs up

I find the Story breathtaking and exciting!
    I have a big passion and experience with creation of music and sounds.
    If this project will start to get evolved please PM me for a establishing of Soundtrack!
    Also PM me for more info and Demos.

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by bountyhunter55 View Post
    Read the full post from top to bottom if you have the time.
    Title: The Invasion: Black Knife
    About: The Invasion Black knife is a first person shooter video game developed by______ and published by _______ for microsoft windows. The game is/was released in (Country) in (Date of release) . It is the first Installment in the "The Invasion" video game series.

The story CENTERS the player named "Brian winters" (Main Protagonist) his goal to get in contact with his family and save earth from hostile invaders known as "Zenocycsts" (Ze-noh-sists) (the main Antagonists) which they (The Zenocycsts) are searching for a small (fist size) rock filled with incredible energy that has crashed on Earth in a medium sized asteroid thousands of years ago. The Zenocycsts first attacks russia , wherein after, the large Zenocycst population scatters around the world and continues to attack and search for the rock. The Player stumbles across friendly military units, citizens, and other international friendly units that will help the player reach his main goal.

Gameplay; Single player campaign: The Game Features modern and advance weapon and item equipment wherein the player may have the opportunity to customize his weapons, primary, secondary and melee. The game also gives the player freedom to interact with objects in the environment (e.g picking up objects, throwing them, use it to smash through fragile materials, break-open locked doors, ETC) The other thing here also is that the player can choose his own ability powers (Telekinesis, pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, electrokinesis) and passive abilities (see below info) to choose before the main game starts. Each mission gives out a series of objective. The player is then given a minimap and a compass in the Hud where the player is led to his/her main objective.

Plot: (Pls forgive me for the plot is still being developed but I wont hesitate in posting the intro. )
    Intro: The game takes place in June 16 2019 wherein 3 Hind Mic 24 gun ships carrying russian soldiers and scientists are almost on its way to north pole that will be researching about an unknown massive spaceship (The mothership of the Zenocycsts) that has crash landed. Dr. Isaac kokarev, a russian geologist expects and welcomes captain Patchenko along with Seargent Grakov (you) in one of the chopper. He then invites captain Patchenko and seargent Grakov (you) inside the small research facility.
    Dr.Kokarev explains about the massive mothership that not only 1 has crashed but there are still 2 other motherships according to radio frequencies and russian scientists. He then leads and shows the two of them a dead hostile alien in a morgue cell which they called it a Zenocycst and explained that it was found dead near the facility in the third day after the ship crashed. Dr. Isaac Kokarev then persuades Cpt. Patchenko and Srg. Grakov and a large group of russian assault soldiers (about 20 of them) to get samples from the ship by chipping down or scraping one of the metal sheets of the mothership. Curious, Cpt. Patchenko agrees in exchange for a large amount of money. Isaac agrees and tells them the way to the ship but only before Patchenko, Grakov, and the other Russian soldiers leave, Isaac warns them that the ship can be carrying more Zenocycsts or worse. Moments later the truck arrives near the base camp near the ship. Cpt. Patchenko commands the group to cut down 5 metal sheets from the Mothership, and without hesitation, the group (Including you) approach the mothership. Only when one of the members tried to chip down the outer cover of the ship, the ship reacts and makes a loud horn. Cpt. Patchenko commands the group to hold their ground. As the loud horn stops, Strange blue lights start to come out of the top part of the ship and later identified as hostile scouts (Zenocycst scouts where the zenocycst is mounted on an armored flying hover machine) which started to attack the Russian units. Cpt. Patchenko, Srg. Grakov and 3 other units find and take cover while the rest are wounded and killed.
    Pinned down, Cpt. Patchenko then remembers and tells Grakov that inside the main truck (Where they had been transported) is the Marine radio mayday call and asks him to run there and call in for reinforcements while Cpt. Patchenko and the rest will distract the enemies. Cpt. Patchenko warns him that its suicide and that the player must be cautious when approaching the truck alone. Afterwards Srg. Grakov (Player) Dashes to the main truck while Cpt. Patchenko and the rest distracts the enemy. As Grakov calls in for help, Dr. Isaac answers the call, In relief Srg. Grakov explains to Isaac about the situation they are facing, but Dr. Isaac struggles to tell Grakov that the small research facility also has been invaded by ground and air hostiles and they stood no chance in fighting back and that Dr. Isaac is the only one left breathing but greatly wounded after the attack. Isaac tells him that he himself witnessed that the Zenocycst were heading west instead of north (where the mothership is) and that the Zenocycsts must have started to invade Russia after the hour the Zenocycsts left. Grakov hangs up, only to find himself face to face with a Zenocycst, Seconds later the Zenocycst Charges and tackles Srg. Grakov, falls to the ground leaving him unconscious. Hours later, Srg. Grakov wakes up finding himself restrained In a container Knowing that he is inside the main ship. A Zenocycst appears carrying a laser knife alike a dissecting knife and approaches the player (Srg. Grakov). Grakov panics, struggling to break free. The zenocycst lowers the laser knife down close between Grakovís eyes. As Grakov starts to fight back, the laser knife starts to shake and unexpectedly slings through the Zenocycstís head passing through the neck and ending its way through the back, cutting the spinal cord, ends up dead, As Grakov is the one controlling the laser knife. Obtaining his own ability power, Grakov learns how to control it and finds a way out by breaking the container glass. (Grakov, a telekinetic, In this part the player controls everything in his surroundings without touching them. By pressing something on the keyboard)
    Using his telekinetic ability, Grakov defeats a few hostiles and finally finds a way out of the Mothership. Yet, more scouts comes out the ship and Grakov finds himself outnumbered and had no choice but to sprint his way to safety. Minutes later, Grakov stumbles and falls down in a huge Ice pit, Injuring his right leg.
    Just then a Zenocycst Scout jumps down to the pit (where grakov is) and finding Grakov unable to walk. Grakovís heart starts to beat fast when suddenly veins start to appear in Grakovís upper cheek bone, (see below for info of it) giving Grakov an adrenaline rush, using his telekinesis, Grakov sees an Ice shard, pulls it using his telekinesis and throws it to the Zenocycst scout just before it attacks, slicing its stomach out. Grakov climbs his way back up to the surface, struggles to stand up, walks slowly out in the frozen wasteland away from danger, Looks back at the Mothership (where Hostiles are still searching for him), walks slowly again, and after a moment, kneels down and dies of the cold. (Screen fades to black. Title appears ďThe Invasion: Black KnifeĒ)

And Thatís where im going to end guys. Though thatís still the intro and not the main game.

Now Iím going to talk about more informations about the game.

Question: What are the ability powers?
    Answer: There are 4 different types of ability powers. Telekinesis is the ability to manipulate objects in the surroundings without touching it. Pyrokinesis is the ability to control fire in the surroundings (there are plenty of uses when you have pyrokinesis like making a fireball, a flamethrower, making torches, burning up wooden objects barricading the player, E.t.c) Though making fire is impossible with the use of your bare hands only. Using matches or a lighter in the game will help the player make/produce fire. Hydrokinesis of course, is the ability to control water. Not very useful though, but there are still plenty of uses in having hydrokinesis (Like controlling ice, covering the ground with water if the player is falling for his death, etc). And Lastly, Electrokinesis, the ability to produce and control electricity in the surroundings. Accept the fact that this is one of the most useful abilities in the game (E.g hacking electric doors, hotwiring a car faster, adding major damage to hostiles especially zenocycsts, and other.) In multiplayer (If possible) Players are able to choose their own ability power, weapons, passive abilities, and customize their outfits.

Question: What are passive abilities?
    Answer: These are the abilities that are permanently attached to the player (such as having good hand-to-hand combat skills and combination, having good accuracy in marksmanship, gives yourself extra health, how fast you can sprint, etc). The player can choose 1-2 different passive abilities after the intro game ends.

Question: Are there going to be human antagonist in the game?
    Answer: I donít know yet what I do know is that the whole world will be teaming up (Including China, Japan, Russia, US, UK, Philippines, France, Germany, Scotland, All countries will be teaming up.) But I doubt there will be a few human antagonist.

Question: on what setting/place will the main game start?
    Answer: at first, Philippines where brian winters lives, then travels to USA along with Filipino and American soldiers to reclaim the land. And then I dont Know but the game will be ending in north pole.

Question: Will there be romance in the game?
    Answer: I think.

Question: How/ from where did people get their ability powers?
    Answer: im still working on that

People Needed:
    Coder,
    Modeler,
    Another designer,
    Mapper,
    And programmer.

Ты русский ?

MSgt. Shooter Person

And If the game is a success and has good ratings, I might even pay he/she who helped me make the game.
    Wow. I'm quite overcome by your generosity--sign me up!!!
    Indie-priced affordable music for your game: Note by Note Studios

Banned

LOOOOOOOOOOL AAAhahahahahahahaha somersaultsofa thanks for pointing this extreme benevolent intention, and please buntyhunter55 save a place for me too.......

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by fragfest2012 View Post
    Ironbelly was kidding, and he was insinuating that you should remove that line. I have to agree with him too, it is really worse if you say that you don't have a company name than if you just don't say anything. In my mind, say your company name or don't even mention company names. People who start their posts with something like "I am not going to say I have a company because..." which is similar to what you are saying, really are not helping their case. The technical term for this is paralipsis, calling attention to something by pretending to skip over it. You are employing this even if it is unintentional. The fact that you (and others) start their post with that ends up looking worse than if you say you made a company etc, because, in this context, the paralipsis makes you sound like you think you are better than all the other people who have companies. I know you probably don't mean to do this, but that is the effect, I promise you that, I am coming from a very experienced background in the English Language. Just remove that line and your post automatically looks better.

Hope this helped!
    Hey man Thanks for the heads up. And I really appreciate on how you corrected me. So thanks again man

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by St4mpe View Post
    I find the Story breathtaking and exciting!
    I have a big passion and experience with creation of music and sounds.
    If this project will start to get evolved please PM me for a establishing of Soundtrack!
    Also PM me for more info and Demos.
    Hey. The project didnt go well and was left untouched for like almost 5 months. But good news is, I'm back on track and what im planning to do is I'll be focusing on the modelings. So if you want to be updated always Pm me if you have facebook and I'll add you. That way I could add you in the group if you want.

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by Somersaultsofa View Post
    Wow. I'm quite overcome by your generosity--sign me up!!!
    Pm me about what you can do to make this project evolve.

Skaarj

Guys. Pm me if you want to join.

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
    Ты русский ?
    Nope im not russian. Im filipino.

I really like to help as a level designer and that stuff, im not really good with udk but i can learn

MSgt. Shooter Person

People Needed:
    Coder,
    Modeler,
    Another designer,
    Mapper,
    And programmer.

Coder <> Programmer?

uhm, i love games but i think its nice game to play =)

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by mwesten2 View Post
    People Needed:
    Coder,
    Modeler,
    Another designer,
    Mapper,
    And programmer.

Coder <> Programmer?
    game coder? or game programmer?

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
    I really like to help as a level designer and that stuff, im not really good with udk but i can learn
    We already have a level designer

MSgt. Shooter Person

game coder? or game programmer?
    .......Those are identical.

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by theflamingskunk View Post
    .......Those are identical.
    I am trolling

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
    Ты русский ?
    Yes I am Russian :Привет всем!Как дела?

Skaarj

Update: Scripts are written nicely in the intro (But not yet finished)
    Sketches and concept art is a work in progress.
    Once we are done with the scripts, i'll be doing the modeling and creating textures. (CRUCIAL)
    After that its game programming and then level designing. (Moderate)
    Once we finish level designing, we apply the meshes, objects, and models in that level. (Easy)
    And also we apply the scripts in the level as well. (Moderate)
    After that we test it for glitches and fix those glitches.
    After some glitches are removed and bugs are fixed, we release the game. I mean, Unreal engine will release the game.
    yup this is gonna take more than 3 years to finish.
    But I strongly believe that we can do it.

Are you joking or are you really that stupid? The underscore is blank.
    Dude I wouldn't call Ironbelly stupid, he is the one with the AAA company. He may of read it wroung but he is not "stupid"

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by Vecrow View Post
    Dude I wouldn't call Ironbelly stupid, he is the one with the AAA company. He may of read it wroung but he is not "stupid"
    Listen "dude" whoever you are. I dont care if he is the one with the AAA company. So what? He's still human like me. Like You. Like all of us. My point is we should all treat each other with respect. Remember that we are all equal. Of course he may read it "wroung" and I know he is not stupid. no one is stupid. They just act like stupid. Get my point?
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
    Last edited by bountyhunter55; 10-15-2012 at 08:41 PM.