Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Sacrifice

Default Epic Games Working on PC-Exclusive Title

This may not have nothing to do with the Unreal Tournament franchise, but is still worth noting.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/07/ep...-in-the-works/

Gears of War and Fortnite dev Epic Games is getting back to its roots with a PC-exclusive project, creative lead Cliff Bleszinski and president Mike Capps announced today during a PAX East panel. "We might be working on a PC-only title," Capps teased, before Bleszinski picked up where he left off: "Let me say that again: we are working on a PC game."

The panel is still going on, but we'll be sure to chat to the Epic folks as soon as it's over.

Update: Epic Games prez Mike Capps told us after the panel that the unannounced PC project is currently underway, and that the current plans are to keep the game exclusive to the PC platform. Unsurprisingly, he wouldn't tell us anything else.
    You will not get me again, Epic! I will be cautious before buying this time.

MSgt. Shooter Person

facepalm...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jat666

*Cautious Excitement*
    \\★//
    57 58 59 60 61

Dizzy|S.Hunter|Hammy|Gnasher
    |1| 630G |2| 1625G |3| 1135G
    BROTHERS TO THE END

MSgt. Shooter Person

No, now that they've made UT for consoles, UT will NEVER be PC exclusive...
    Intel Corei7 930 (2.8GHz)
    3GB DDR3 PC3-10666 (1333GHz) RAM Triple Channel
    NVidia Geforce 9600GT
    2 - Western Digital 7200 RPM 250 GB HDs RAID 0

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HyperJudgement

Hmm... Interesting.
    Thanks to Motion for the Liquid Green skins!
    Thanks to Voodoo_nachoman for the flaming Sawed-off!
    Thanks to Flak for the Lancer avatar prop!
    Thanks to gear elite 970 for the Lambent weapon skin!
    Thanks to Gears_Of_Law for the Team Metal skin!

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by CWO View Post
    No, now that they've made UT for consoles, UT will NEVER be PC exclusive...

Interesting argument you point out there man and i would tend to agree with you. Now another small thing is to be considered, even if the chances for this to be true are the slightest :q :

If they realized that the fact they made ut3 natively multiplatform (with all the "bad" things that implied) was more detrimental for its success that releasing a pc exclusive ut (that can be declined on some other platforms later btw), so maybe... MAY-FUKN-BE, they saw the light and ut will be developed that way.

PS: I just realized that the first ut i ever played was actually not ut2003 offline like i thought but the ut99 port on ps2 which i found quite cool and that brought me to ut on pc =) .

Prisoner 849

Bring on a modernized, re-imagined Unreal remake over another UT game!!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

God King

I'm for a faithful Unreal remake.

However, UT99 was - as LLonewolf said - also released on PS2, of course it was ported later than the PC version, but it was also available for a console. Not to mention the Unreal version for PSX which was never released.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hyzoran

I am praying dammit. Please Unreal 3, please Unreal 3, may Chizra be with us.....

God King

Pray to Vandora, the goddess of thunder! You will have more success than praying to the water god.

I doubt it will be an Unreal-related title though, as awesome as it would be.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    Pray to Vandora, the goddess of thunder! You will have more success than praying to the water god.

I doubt it will be an Unreal-related title though, as awesome as it would be.
    If it is Unreal 3 I will lick Vandora's four...thingies as thanks for the divine gift. :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

Dont make new ut!!! This is the noobs generation now!! Wait 10 moar yearssss

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IVIeloMike

That excites me
    Unreal Vet since 99
    Add me for ranked koth

God King

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzoran View Post
    If it is Unreal 3 I will lick Vandora's four...thingies as thanks for the divine gift. :P
    I lol'd at that statement.

S l y .

The Sacrifice

Tbh if it's a singleplayer game i.e "unreal", they can, and pardon me for that, gtFo with a big F. A multiplayer game or nothing, that's clearly what we need =) .

God King

The original Unreal had a UT-like multiplayer.
    And tbh, I don't see anything wrong with a new Unreal. For UT players they can still put in a DM, CTF and TDM multiplayer, just the most essential things and "everybody" would be happy. Later they can use that game as a base for a UT and re-add WAR/ONS, AS and other gametypes.
    Last edited by Sly.; 04-09-2012 at 04:36 PM.

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

The original Unreal had a UT-like multiplayer.
    And tbh, I don't see anything wrong with a new Unreal. For UT players they can still put in a DM, CTF and TDM multiplayer, just the most essential things and "everybody" would be happy. Later they can use that game as a base for a UT and re-add WAR/ONS, AS and other gametypes.
    COOP is also multiplayer, just not player vs player.
    I also think a cool thing to add would be monsters (Skaarj/Krall/Brutes/Mercenaries vs Humans/Nali assault-like mode

God King

Definitely. But this will just remain a dream..... PC-exclusive Unreal 3 with UT multiplayer, fast-paced action (which requires the original walking speed and awesome dodging feel!) and this claustrophobic, alien feeling from the first game with all these different genres mixed in one pot that was Unreal, genres like steampunk, gothic, fantasy, sci-fi and much more...

S l y .

Boomshot

lol...hopefully we re a bunch of easy dreamerz around here
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

God King

Dreaming is nice. But dreams remain dreams - unless you have a chance to actively change things in real life, which is not possible with most dreams.

Even if, better being called a dreamer than never having any dreams.

S l y .

Boomshot

haha...agree bro, and dreams help to make RL a bit more....hm....sweet
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    haha...agree bro, and dreams help to make RL a bit more....hm....sweet
    Maybe you guys should get into lucid dreaming

I had a semi-lucid dream once.....it was amazing.

God King

Lucid dreamers seem to be everywhere, eh?
    (tbh, I do that too, if you have to sleep, why not actively influence your dreams and control then? )

But now back to topic.

What makes me worry is that they wanted to present UE4 this year or at least show some showcase material, even if it's still in development. They said consoles will not handle UE4. Suddenly they confirmed the works on a PC exclusive - I fear a showcase game.
    Doesn't mean it has to be bad, but it can be risky. I hope they won't focus too much on the visuals if it's a Unreal (Tournament) game.

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Lucid dreamers seem to be everywhere, eh?
    (tbh, I do that too, if you have to sleep, why not actively influence your dreams and control then? )

But now back to topic.

What makes me worry is that they wanted to present UE4 this year or at least show some showcase material, even if it's still in development. They said consoles will not handle UE4. Suddenly they confirmed the works on a PC exclusive - I fear a showcase game.
    Doesn't mean it has to be bad, but it can be risky. I hope they won't focus too much on the visuals if it's a Unreal (Tournament) game.
    Yea, I can't manage to get more than the occasional semi-lucid dream, I want one of those full ones where I am completely 'awake' within the dream, maybe I do its just I dont remember the ones that I do become fully lucid. maybe I am just not trying hard enough 0.o.

Anyway, I dont care how well they do the Visuals, as long as they have the atmosphere and good, detailed, intense gameplay.
    and good mod support, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by LLonewolf View Post
    Tbh if it's a singleplayer game i.e "unreal", they can, and pardon me for that, gtFo with a big F. A multiplayer game or nothing, that's clearly what we need =) .
    Wolf rest assure, if it's Unreal, it's gonna have multiplayer period Deck is as old as the first Unreal beta.
    Seems unlikely though that a new Unreal would be PC-only.. Maybe it'll be developed side-by-side for the consoles with third person melee in mind like Unreal Championship 2 or something..

Anyways strange move by Epic since consoles have been the big money cow for years now. Maybe it's a MMOFPS or a new Painkiller? Don't they own the rights now for this franchise?

God King

Don't forget: Consoles can't handle UE4.

S l y .

HA! You guys are dreaming for sure!! I guess I'll allow myself to do the same...

I'm hoping it's an Unreal Tournament title myself. UT2003/4 was essentially a UE2.0 tech demo so I could definitely see them creating a UT4/2013 and using it as a tech demo for UE4. I would also be very happy with that!

It makes the most sense to use UT for a tech demo - you really don't need to worry about a single-player campaign (sorry, but you just don't need 'real' SP in a UT game, imo) also the game modes are already hashed out. Sure, to keep it fresh they would need to change a few things (imo, bring Assault back, keep Greed along with the basic MP game modes, change Invasion to be more like Horde 2.0 from GoW (fortifications)...hell, even call it "Horde" just for fun and as a marketing mechanism to publicize the relation (EPIC) to GoW, then maybe tweak Onslaught/Warfare again to be the "new" gametype) but focus on blowing people away with the graphics AND the ability of the engine to scale since that's always been one of the selling points for the UE.

Boomshot

The next gen consoles won't be out for a while. So why not a PC exclusive? They can always port it at a later date and then release it the same time as the new consoles come out. Pretty standard sales plan to have lots of releases available for the new consoles as soon as they are released.

My concern is that UE4 will require too much PC to run well. What good are cutting edge graphics if you have to wait 5 years after the game is released for hardware good enough to see it with.

My hope is that it will be a UE3 game and it will be UT with the tournament. That way it will play fast with today's hardware and bring in more players. Then the "I'm not buying a new PC just for UT" and "my rig ain't good enough to play UT" excuses won't be used so much. IMO the tournament is the best single player mode to learn the game.
    I usually play as [T5K]Bobba_Novis, {T5K}Bobba_Novi, Gi_96, Ph@t-Ass-Fr3d, infected_brains, or ________
    My Rig- ASUS Z68, core I7 2600K @4.2Ghz and GTX780 as seen on my VG248 @144Hz

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    My concern is that UE4 will require too much PC to run well. What good are cutting edge graphics if you have to wait 5 years after the game is released for hardware good enough to see it with.

My hope is that it will be a UE3 game and it will be UT with the tournament. That way it will play fast with today's hardware and bring in more players. Then the "I'm not buying a new PC just for UT" and "my rig ain't good enough to play UT" excuses won't be used so much. IMO the tournament is the best single player mode to learn the game.
    +1 to that......a fast PC FPS (UTxxxx using UE3 would be the top) and please not a UE4 showcase!

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzoran View Post
    Maybe you guys should get into lucid dreaming

I had a semi-lucid dream once.....it was amazing.
    lol ....thats what i call reflexion (lucid dreaming) and drunked reflexion (semi lucid dreaming) but bah...a question of pov probably

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Well since Epic Games is pretty much really successful right now and guaranteed to stay successful (Considering that they have many,many licenses for the engine, not to mention to money they will make off UE4) I don't see why they can't pour money into making a good, polished quality Unreal game that is guaranteed to cover developing expenses if not make much money, and further enhance their reputation. (Which would further enhance UE4's reputation if done properly)

If this game doesnt turn out to be of highest quality, its because Epic chose the path of being lazy, not because it wont make much money or lose money. :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

I realy hope that this PC exlusive title is UT. And i dont realy worry about PC tech, becouse i think that this beauty can run UE4 (http://www.anandtech.com/show/5699/n...gtx-680-review). Till next year i think will be "quite" chip.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If it's a PC only game then it will definitely be an online game.
    Given Epics viewpoints on Piracy I cannot forsee a new Unreal for PC only but I can definitely see a new UT - a bit hard to rip a game and play it online - you have to purchase it!
    And what better way to showcase there new engines PC capabilities and get the sales as well!!
    SCREEN -> 30" DELL 3008WFP. CASE -> Thermaltake Speedo Advance. MOBO ->Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme. CPU -> Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6ghz. VID -> 2 x Palit GTX 580 in SLI (WOW). MEM ->12GB Corsair 1600mhz. PSU -> Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w Modular. HDD -> 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 2E SSD + 512GB Saegate HDD. SPEAKERS -> Logitech Z-5400. KEYB -> Logitech G15. MOUSE -> Micrososft Sidewinder. OS -> Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If they want to showcase their new engine, I think they shouldn't just focus on graphics - Prove your engine isn't all about graphics - Show some improvements in audio, physics, AI - Steven Polge is still in Epic, so he can probably improve the AI part over that of UE3.
    And there are some graphic improvements which I think should be done to UE4 over UE3, some should have been made to UE3 long ago - Better ambient occulusion, real-time global illumination, and a feature which existed in game engines way before the first build of UE3 known to the public - dynamic objects having more than 2 dynamic shadows at the same time.
    Why doesn't Epic develop a remake of the original Unreal? It'll be cool to see what the first Unreal game looks like with 8Th gen graphics.

MSgt. Shooter Person

My guess it's a Free 2 Play FPS, or (less likely) a MMO of some sort. If it was a game released the traditional way, there's no way they'd skip consoles. Considering how Epic haven't focused on PC for a while, the only reason they do this now is because they're seeing an opportunity. Without doubt this new opportunity is the rise of F2P games (imo), and they don't want to be late for the party.

A F2P Unreal Tournament game is likely. It makes sense to reuse a well known franchise, especially one that has its hardcore fans on the PC.

If it's a new UT, I hope it's part of their vision to establish the game as an esport. It's my belief there's awesome potential and demand for a FPS equivalent to SC2 with battle.net-like features. You know, matchmaking, ladders and great competitive play. I would love being able to compete in 1on1 on an official ingame ladder (split into different leagues depending on skill - bronze, silver, gold, master etc).
    Last edited by Kenchu; 04-16-2012 at 01:55 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kenchu View Post
    My guess it's a Free 2 Play FPS, or (less likely) a MMO of some sort. If it was a game released the traditional way, there's no way they'd skip consoles. Considering how Epic haven't focus on PC for a while, the only reason they do this now is because they're seeing an opportunity. Without doubt this new opportunity is the rise of F2P games (imo), and they don't want to be late for the party.

A F2P Unreal Tournament game is likely. It makes sense to reuse a well known franchise, especially one that has its hardcore fans on the PC.

If it's a new UT, I hope it's part of their vision to establish the game as an esport. It's my belief there's awesome potential and demand for a FPS equivalent to SC2 with battle.net-like features. You know, matchmaking, ladders and great competitive play. I would love being able to compete in 1on1 on an official ingame ladder (split into different categories depending on skill - bronze, silver, gold, master etc).
    It better not be F2P, if it is, there goes modding, and the chance of Unreal 3.

MSgt. Shooter Person

New Unreal game pls!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

looking for a ut4 make but not holding my breath. I've moved on, changed. Things aren't what they used to be. games are still fun and ut2004 is still my fav. game, but as far as ut is concerned, ut3's ending ....needed improvement. in fact the game was sweet but really wasn't what it could have been.
    "For those who want to get better at games."
    http://76.freebb.com/noobpatrol/
    "The best Servers around. http://www.resolutionservers.com/gfc/

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by daydreamdirty View Post
    looking for a ut4 make but not holding my breath. I've moved on, changed. Things aren't what they used to be. games are still fun and ut2004 is still my fav. game, but as far as ut is concerned, ut3's ending ....needed improvement. in fact the game was sweet but really wasn't what it could have been.
    still trolling uh?

Facepalm, stick with with ut2k4 mate the world shall not end with ut3, besides I see you not coherence "Im moved on" but "looking for a ut4" yes but not... brother, is good to have some hope and give them a chance and wait not to beat the horse soon, do you think?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast