Default What's up with spawnings..

Played 3 games of guardian and 1 game of brothers to the end and whilst playing guardian the leader had been resorted to staying at spawn and upon them closing us in and me pushing out killing two people they both spawned 1 metre behind our leader with spawn protection being unable to be killed and with our leader not noticing he died. This happened on atleast one round of each game of guardian.

When i then left due to getting fed up i went into brothers to the end with my friend and we got into blood drive i had to do something for a quick second so my friend stayed at spawn and protected me then when i came back i went onto the wall and my friend killed one and then 5 seconds later that person spawned 1 metre again behind me and killed me instantly because of not being able to be killed.

This wouldn't be a problem but there isn't a hint that spawns have swapped until the person spawns leading to my death.. is this just me or are others finding this and for it to be annoying.
    "Sir what's the most important rule to the COG ?"
    "The most important rule is to stay loyal to your comrades and always stay COG!"
    Lancer/Gnasher all the way bud

Boomshot

There actually is an indicator that the spawns have swapped. You will hear Myrrah/Prescot say "Enemy forces!/We've got enemy reinforcements!" right as they switch
    ___,...---'---..---...,,,,',
    [__--_;=-o@Reign187''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|---;;;;;;;;;;;;:'

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

I think people forgot or don't know, but when Myrrah says "Enemy forces" or Prescott "We have enemy reinforcements" the Respawn places change, that help a lot when someone stay to cover you or someone stay with the Sniper
    Allfather

They want you, soul and body

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I BChaps I

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    There actually is an indicator that the spawns have swapped. You will hear Myrrah/Prescot say "Enemy forces!/We've got enemy reinforcements!" right as they switch
    This^^^^

Although, there are a few times, where they seem to call it out at the wrong time :/

It has been stated many times (by Epic) it is not wise to camp at spawn.

Reign: congratz on the title by the way
    --- --- Gears 1 = 1160/1250 --- --- \\★//Gears 2 = 1750/1750 \\★// --- ---
    --- --- \\★//Gears 3 = 1900/2000 \\★// --- --- 608 Gears J = 1500/1500 608 --- ---
    EPIC Community Reaper July 1, 20013 -- August 20, 2013
    VT---VT---VT---VT---VT---Hokies---VT---VT---VT---VT---VT

Yes i know that they say that but not until the person spawns and that doesn't help when them spawning is 1 metre behind you meaning you die instantly.
    "The most important rule is to stay loyal to your comrades and always stay COG!"

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by bchaps View Post
    This^^^^

Although, there are a few times, where they seem to call it out at the wrong time :/

It has been stated many times (by Epic) it is not wise to camp at spawn.

Reign: congratz on the title by the way
    Thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Goldorgs View Post
    Yes i know that they say that but not until the person spawns and that doesn't help when them spawning is 1 metre behind you meaning you die instantly.
    Camping directly at spawn is a bad idea because we all know spawns swap. Try moving out at least a little more and when you hear the audible prompt that the spawns have swapped, run your happy-butt away as fast as you can.
    ___,...---'---..---...,,,,',
    [__--_;=-o@Reign187''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|---;;;;;;;;;;;;:'

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Well i generally don't camp at spawn but those 4 games we got pinned down there and on one leader games the leader wasn't playing so i tried to protect him but didn't work at all.

You are right i guess i should of just ran my legs off but i was just so suprised that they swapped with me being only a metre infront lol

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I BChaps I

Quote Originally Posted by Goldorgs View Post
    Well i generally don't camp at spawn but those 4 games we got pinned down there and on one leader games the leader wasn't playing so i tried to protect him but didn't work at all.

You are right i guess i should of just ran my legs off but i was just so suprised that they swapped with me being only a metre infront lol
    Just general things to take note of.
    Your position doesn't matter if you are close to your spawn.
    --if they are closer to your spawn, it will switch
    You position does matter if you are close to their spawn.
    --if you are closer to their spawn, it will switch

Think about Escalation.
    Once the team that spawns at the bottom gets up to the 3rd or 4th (can't remember) the spawns will change.
    It doesn't matter if you are still down in the bottom spawn, if your team gets up there, it will switch and the enemy will spawn behind you
    --- --- Gears 1 = 1160/1250 --- --- \\★//Gears 2 = 1750/1750 \\★// --- ---
    --- --- \\★//Gears 3 = 1900/2000 \\★// --- --- 608 Gears J = 1500/1500 608 --- ---
    EPIC Community Reaper July 1, 20013 -- August 20, 2013
    VT---VT---VT---VT---VT---Hokies---VT---VT---VT---VT---VT

Oh ok thanks for all the posts guys

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

Quote Originally Posted by bchaps View Post
    Just general things to take note of.
    Your position doesn't matter if you are close to your spawn.
    --if they are closer to your spawn, it will switch
    You position does matter if you are close to their spawn.
    --if you are closer to their spawn, it will switch

Think about Escalation.
    Once the team that spawns at the bottom gets up to the 3rd or 4th (can't remember) the spawns will change.
    It doesn't matter if you are still down in the bottom spawn, if your team gets up there, it will switch and the enemy will spawn behind you
    This is generally true, but there are times where the spawns just randomly flip for no reason. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010