View Poll Results: Do actives need work?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    38 54.29%
  • NO

    32 45.71%
Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BIBLICISING IN GOW
    Posts
    164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The Slabhead

    Default The Active Reload

    The active reload is BS. Why make something so easy to obtain give you a HUGE advantage in a gun fight?! An active gnasher has like a 300% damage boost with an active and its ridiculous. I think actives need work because at the minute its cheap.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    940
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

    Default

    Nah bro actives are fine. You say they are easy to hit but when your in a gunfight hitting the reload (for me at least) is the least important thing running through my mind. Actives are fine, if you hit it you deserve a bonus.

  3. #3
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, CA
    Posts
    97
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sn1p3r 37

    Default

    Ditto. I agree. There have been times where I miss that active in a gun fight, and all of a sudden I am running away because of it. If you miss it, well...you took the risk. If you hit it, as Gnasherbeast said..you should deserve the bonus.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BIBLICISING IN GOW
    Posts
    164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The Slabhead

    Default

    but preactiving gets on my tits!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    940
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tudbud123 View Post
    but preactiving gets on my tits!
    yeah preactiving is a problem, but guess what bro! You can do it too

  6. #6
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, CA
    Posts
    97
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sn1p3r 37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGnasherBeast View Post
    yeah preactiving is a problem, but guess what bro! You can do it too
    LOL! (10 LOLs)

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BIBLICISING IN GOW
    Posts
    164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The Slabhead

    Default

    it feels like a cheap way to kill some IMO

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    940
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tudbud123 View Post
    it feels like a cheap way to kill some IMO
    with all the power rifles have???? Your claiming pre-activing is a cheap way?? I never do it but people who do it are sometimes smart because they realise they might need the extra power to win a fight.

  9. #9
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, CA
    Posts
    97
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sn1p3r 37

    Default

    I never seem to learn to take out my lancer when I am dealing with someone with that damn retro. So an active reloaded Gnasher may give me just enough to down that person at the same time they down me...and hopefully (god willing) I have a teammate that will revive me and not steal that kill...but if they do...Oh well, I still get points

  10. #10
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burke, Virginia.
    Posts
    664
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HGunSlingerX

    Default

    If someone is pre-activing I just wait for them to push me. And when they do they die. They pre-active I camp. Just don't be aggressive on someone who pre-actives.
    I found myself in Junktown. It was here that I learned the most important rule of all: doing a good thing sometimes means being a very bad person.

    Quote Originally Posted by I Siigma I View Post
    Snappin necks n' cashin checks.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1882809711.png

  11. #11
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,818
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: STEVE IRBAN 627

    Default

    As much it is BS, they're not changing it, so I would get used to it.

  12. #12
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,429
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The Megatron

    Default

    Everyone can do an active, the mechanic doesnt need work. The power it gives to guns like the ret is a bit much on a gun thats already a nail thrower. It aint an op weapon but it needs a tweak
    Gears hurts so Go Hard or Go Home!

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BIBLICISING IN GOW
    Posts
    164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The Slabhead

    Default

    exactly how i feel, with an active the retro downs in you in like 0.000000142 seconds

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    3,526
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Geo Zinx

    Default

    Both players get actives, ok. Either use them or don't.

  15. #15
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Actives have always been a part of gears, use them or don't. They aren't going away any time soon.

    Can't wait to see what people complain about next. "THAT GUY PLAYED GEARS MORE THAN ME SO HE CAN EASILY KILL ME THIS IS BS GIVE HIM A HANDICAP EPIC"

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BIBLICISING IN GOW
    Posts
    164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The Slabhead

    Default

    ive been playing gow since it first became available, i like the idea of the active reload, i just think its a bit TOO powerful at times..

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Elm Street
    Posts
    1,463

    Default

    Well. Pre-actives are very stupid and unfair. But actives been around for Gears for a long time so I think it should stay. If a guy pre-actives,then why don't you pre-active? There is no excuse.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BIBLICISING IN GOW
    Posts
    164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The Slabhead

    Default

    i dont think actives are a bad part of the game at all, and i definately dont want them removed. i just think the damage boost they give is a bit stupid, thats all..

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Lol if you get into a massive gun fight and need to reload you are obviously missing alot, so that's to do with skill. Calm players will just move around cover and pre-active because of the ridiculousness damage bonus it gives. Getting one shot downed by someone who just ran around a block of cover and pre-actived, 1 shot downs me with the gnasher and then humps me, is just the most annoying thing.

  20. #20

    Default

    actives are definitely one of those mechanics that separate the kids from the big boys. its a tool, and its a signature of the series. love it.
    I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement

    "DBNOs? Where we're going, we don't need DBNOs."

  21. #21
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    421
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: senor cluck

    Default

    I think actives should give maybe half the current power bonus. I've always heard it's 25%, can anyone confirm this? So maybe something like 10-12% would be better.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    184
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A S S IM A IN

    Default

    make the actives last for like 5 seconds after the reload

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,404
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: LEGI0N47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DangIGotSawedAgain View Post
    I think actives should give maybe half the current power bonus. I've always heard it's 25%, can anyone confirm this? So maybe something like 10-12% would be better.
    It's different on each weapon what the percentage of bonus is. I know the gnasher is 500 base damage and 600 with the active. at least it was at launch according the game guide that you could buy. that's a 20% boost. Other weapons have different values but on many almost 20-25 % seems to be about right when you account rate of fire etc.

  24. #24
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    729
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Abeastnamedjoe

    Default

    The lancer and gnasher are the easiest active reload and they offer a lot of damage there fine as is
    ,,,,,_....I.... .........,,_i\_____
    (_.-|o|_____|-..._____))»»»»»
    » /_/{ ||#||=,,-,,=/
    ```````\__\

    Hammerburst Pro!!!
    Thank you IIILYCANIII for the SGE and the com dom

  25. #25
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    24
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: themoshpanda

    Default

    When you play Gears longer and get used to weapons, you learn to active while in the middle of a gunfight, or multi-tasking. It's not game changing, but you can use it to your advantage. When enemies pre-active and get an active reload, they're likely to become aggressive, which you can use to your advantage; by ambushing and wallbouncing their asses.

  26. #26
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    I'm going to go with yes. I think all pre active bonuses besides Hammy and SO (for starting weapons) need small reductions...but who am I to decide?
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    184
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A S S IM A IN

    Default

    Cure for pre activing:

    Make the stronger bullets last only for like 2-3 seconds. Then they become normal again.

  28. #28
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aspho Fields
    Posts
    611
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: o K1D FL4SH o

    Default

    The damage boost they give has always been stupid, there is no logical reason anyone give to say its a needed feature to the game. Having missing ammo in your clips is a very circumstantial situation and doesn't mean you should get a bonus in damage for simply reloading especially with the Lancer and Gnasher since those are the easiest ones. All the actives needed was to be a much faster way to reload, not fast reload AND a nice damage boost.
    Gears of War - (1100/1250)
    Gears of War 2 - (1750/1750)
    Gears of War 3 - (1900/2000)
    Gears of War Judgment - (1425/1500)

    Lambent Classic Hammerburst/Reaper Gnasher

    Signup for Bing for free Microsoft Points

  29. #29
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perth west Australia
    Posts
    550
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: gloves78

    Default

    I love preactive I don't leave home with out them. Every time I fight I have actives. Its gotten so I feel weak without them.

    The way I see it the gnasher can be unreliable at times so with actives when I shoot them they know they have been shot. It stops people spunging so much.
    Last edited by gloves78; 04-09-2012 at 10:55 AM.

  30. #30
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    47
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xxVen

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tudbud123 View Post
    The active reload is BS. Why make something so easy to obtain give you a HUGE advantage in a gun fight?! An active gnasher has like a 300% damage boost with an active and its ridiculous. I think actives need work because at the minute its cheap.
    The only gun I notice a difference with actives is the lancer. Everything else, for me at least, there's no difference.
    Gnasher Master
    Lvl: 66
    B. Carmine/Flame Grenadier
    Lancer/Gnasher

  31. #31
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    236
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: the1nonlyBIMO

    Default

    I say YES because IMO I think they should be taken away what gun gives you a boost of power in real life no such thing it should b straight up bullets flying no actives make people stratigize not pres active
    Thanks to Capt23n for my SGE n a big thanks to NFI for MB. God bless I really appreciate it and remember everyone always pay it forward. And if you need help with anything my GT is the1nonlyBIMO

  32. #32
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    109
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: PharIVIacisT

    Default

    WHY WHY WHY are you complaining about something that made this franchise???????????? Everything in the game is OP so nothing wrong with the active.

  33. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1nonlyBIMO View Post
    I say YES because IMO I think they should be taken away what gun gives you a boost of power in real life no such thing it should b straight up bullets flying no actives make people stratigize not pres active
    whenever somebody tries to use the whole "well in real life" argument in video games...my palm goes straight to my face.
    I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement

    "DBNOs? Where we're going, we don't need DBNOs."

  34. #34
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    52
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Sleestack27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1nonlyBIMO View Post
    I say YES because IMO I think they should be taken away what gun gives you a boost of power in real life no such thing it should b straight up bullets flying no actives make people stratigize not pres active
    So there are actually grey humanoid monsters living beneath me abd i need to go grab an over powered shot gun to defend myself right now?

  35. #35
    Seriously...

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Superior, WI
    Posts
    14,949
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joal0503 View Post
    whenever somebody tries to use the whole "well in real life" argument in video games...my palm goes straight to my face.
    Agreed. Unless the game is striving for realism, this argument is foolish. Gears is not going for realism.

    I don't think the active reload boost should be removed, but it could definitely be reduced.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

  36. #36
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    105
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: OCTAVIATOR

    Default

    Actives have been in the game since the first gears, so if your really complaining about that in a gears 3, then maybe you shouldn't be playing gears.

  37. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
    Well. Pre-actives are very stupid and unfair. But actives been around for Gears for a long time so I think it should stay. If a guy pre-actives,then why don't you pre-active? There is no excuse.
    Its because usually everyone wants a fair fight, everyone wants balance and for the game to have everyone pretty much on an equal level. Actives unbalance this, especially when someone pre-actives. It was like an unwritten law to not pre-active before a shotty battle but now everyone does it, and its really lame. I think its disgusting how desperate people are, if your not good then you deserve to die because your opponent outplayed you. I don't like the active, its a crutch for bad players, but since Epic already threw in the Retro and Sawed-Off I feel like any complaining or negotiating i try to do is useless.

    You didn't really out play your opponent when you pre-active and get an easy 1 shot down or super gib on him.

    Welll back to battlefield.

  38. #38
    Riskieren
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HGunSlingerX View Post
    If someone is pre-activing I just wait for them to push me. And when they do they die. They pre-active I camp. Just don't be aggressive on someone who pre-actives.
    Your internet.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Riskieren; 04-09-2012 at 06:27 AM.

  39. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BIBLICISING IN GOW
    Posts
    164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The Slabhead

    Default

    ok listen, i AM NOT complaining about the active reload itself, i think its a very good idea. BUT it irritates me how much damage boost it gives


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •