View Poll Results: Do actives need work?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

38 54.29%
  • NO

32 45.71%
    Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Slabhead

Default The Active Reload

The active reload is BS. Why make something so easy to obtain give you a HUGE advantage in a gun fight?! An active gnasher has like a 300% damage boost with an active and its ridiculous. I think actives need work because at the minute its cheap.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

Nah bro actives are fine. You say they are easy to hit but when your in a gunfight hitting the reload (for me at least) is the least important thing running through my mind. Actives are fine, if you hit it you deserve a bonus.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sn1p3r 37

Ditto. I agree. There have been times where I miss that active in a gun fight, and all of a sudden I am running away because of it. If you miss it, well...you took the risk. If you hit it, as Gnasherbeast said..you should deserve the bonus.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

but preactiving gets on my tits!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by tudbud123 View Post
    but preactiving gets on my tits!
    yeah preactiving is a problem, but guess what bro! You can do it too

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TheGnasherBeast View Post
    yeah preactiving is a problem, but guess what bro! You can do it too
    LOL! (10 LOLs)

Banned
    Gamer IDs

it feels like a cheap way to kill some IMO

Banned
    Gamer IDs

it feels like a cheap way to kill some IMO
    with all the power rifles have???? Your claiming pre-activing is a cheap way?? I never do it but people who do it are sometimes smart because they realise they might need the extra power to win a fight.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I never seem to learn to take out my lancer when I am dealing with someone with that damn retro. So an active reloaded Gnasher may give me just enough to down that person at the same time they down me...and hopefully (god willing) I have a teammate that will revive me and not steal that kill...but if they do...Oh well, I still get points

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HGunSlingerX

If someone is pre-activing I just wait for them to push me. And when they do they die. They pre-active I camp. Just don't be aggressive on someone who pre-actives.
    I found myself in Junktown. It was here that I learned the most important rule of all: doing a good thing sometimes means being a very bad person.

Quote Originally Posted by I Siigma I View Post
    Snappin necks n' cashin checks.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1882809711.png

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: STEVE IRBAN 627

As much it is BS, they're not changing it, so I would get used to it.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Megatron

Everyone can do an active, the mechanic doesnt need work. The power it gives to guns like the ret is a bit much on a gun thats already a nail thrower. It aint an op weapon but it needs a tweak
    Gears hurts so Go Hard or Go Home!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

exactly how i feel, with an active the retro downs in you in like 0.000000142 seconds

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Geo Zinx

Both players get actives, ok. Either use them or don't.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Actives have always been a part of gears, use them or don't. They aren't going away any time soon.

Can't wait to see what people complain about next. "THAT GUY PLAYED GEARS MORE THAN ME SO HE CAN EASILY KILL ME THIS IS BS GIVE HIM A HANDICAP EPIC"

Banned
    Gamer IDs

ive been playing gow since it first became available, i like the idea of the active reload, i just think its a bit TOO powerful at times..

Banned

Well. Pre-actives are very stupid and unfair. But actives been around for Gears for a long time so I think it should stay. If a guy pre-actives,then why don't you pre-active? There is no excuse.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

i dont think actives are a bad part of the game at all, and i definately dont want them removed. i just think the damage boost they give is a bit stupid, thats all..

Banned

Lol if you get into a massive gun fight and need to reload you are obviously missing alot, so that's to do with skill. Calm players will just move around cover and pre-active because of the ridiculousness damage bonus it gives. Getting one shot downed by someone who just ran around a block of cover and pre-actived, 1 shot downs me with the gnasher and then humps me, is just the most annoying thing.

actives are definitely one of those mechanics that separate the kids from the big boys. its a tool, and its a signature of the series. love it.
    I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement

"DBNOs? Where we're going, we don't need DBNOs."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: senor cluck

I think actives should give maybe half the current power bonus. I've always heard it's 25%, can anyone confirm this? So maybe something like 10-12% would be better.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A S S IM A IN

make the actives last for like 5 seconds after the reload

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LEGI0N47

Quote Originally Posted by DangIGotSawedAgain View Post
    I think actives should give maybe half the current power bonus. I've always heard it's 25%, can anyone confirm this? So maybe something like 10-12% would be better.
    It's different on each weapon what the percentage of bonus is. I know the gnasher is 500 base damage and 600 with the active. at least it was at launch according the game guide that you could buy. that's a 20% boost. Other weapons have different values but on many almost 20-25 % seems to be about right when you account rate of fire etc.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Abeastnamedjoe

The lancer and gnasher are the easiest active reload and they offer a lot of damage there fine as is
    ,,,,,_....I.... .........,,_i\_____
    (_.-|o|_____|-..._____))»»»»»
    » /_/{ ||#||=,,-,,=/
    ```````\__\

Hammerburst Pro!!!
    Thank you IIILYCANIII for the SGE and the com dom

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: themoshpanda

When you play Gears longer and get used to weapons, you learn to active while in the middle of a gunfight, or multi-tasking. It's not game changing, but you can use it to your advantage. When enemies pre-active and get an active reload, they're likely to become aggressive, which you can use to your advantage; by ambushing and wallbouncing their asses.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

I'm going to go with yes. I think all pre active bonuses besides Hammy and SO (for starting weapons) need small reductions...but who am I to decide?
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A S S IM A IN

Cure for pre activing:

Make the stronger bullets last only for like 2-3 seconds. Then they become normal again.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o K1D FL4SH o

The damage boost they give has always been stupid, there is no logical reason anyone give to say its a needed feature to the game. Having missing ammo in your clips is a very circumstantial situation and doesn't mean you should get a bonus in damage for simply reloading especially with the Lancer and Gnasher since those are the easiest ones. All the actives needed was to be a much faster way to reload, not fast reload AND a nice damage boost.
    Gears of War - (1100/1250)
    Gears of War 2 - (1750/1750)
    Gears of War 3 - (1900/2000)
    Gears of War Judgment - (1425/1500)

Lambent Classic Hammerburst/Reaper Gnasher

Signup for Bing for free Microsoft Points

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gloves78

I love preactive I don't leave home with out them. Every time I fight I have actives. Its gotten so I feel weak without them.

The way I see it the gnasher can be unreliable at times so with actives when I shoot them they know they have been shot. It stops people spunging so much.
    Last edited by gloves78; 04-09-2012 at 10:55 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxVen

The active reload is BS. Why make something so easy to obtain give you a HUGE advantage in a gun fight?! An active gnasher has like a 300% damage boost with an active and its ridiculous. I think actives need work because at the minute its cheap.
    The only gun I notice a difference with actives is the lancer. Everything else, for me at least, there's no difference.
    Gnasher Master
    Lvl: 66
    B. Carmine/Flame Grenadier
    Lancer/Gnasher

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: the1nonlyBIMO

I say YES because IMO I think they should be taken away what gun gives you a boost of power in real life no such thing it should b straight up bullets flying no actives make people stratigize not pres active
    Thanks to Capt23n for my SGE n a big thanks to NFI for MB. God bless I really appreciate it and remember everyone always pay it forward. And if you need help with anything my GT is the1nonlyBIMO

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PharIVIacisT

WHY WHY WHY are you complaining about something that made this franchise???????????? Everything in the game is OP so nothing wrong with the active.

Quote Originally Posted by the1nonlyBIMO View Post
    I say YES because IMO I think they should be taken away what gun gives you a boost of power in real life no such thing it should b straight up bullets flying no actives make people stratigize not pres active
    whenever somebody tries to use the whole "well in real life" argument in video games...my palm goes straight to my face.
    I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement

"DBNOs? Where we're going, we don't need DBNOs."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sleestack27

Quote Originally Posted by the1nonlyBIMO View Post
    So there are actually grey humanoid monsters living beneath me abd i need to go grab an over powered shot gun to defend myself right now?

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

Quote Originally Posted by joal0503 View Post
    whenever somebody tries to use the whole "well in real life" argument in video games...my palm goes straight to my face.
    Agreed. Unless the game is striving for realism, this argument is foolish. Gears is not going for realism.

I don't think the active reload boost should be removed, but it could definitely be reduced.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OCTAVIATOR

Actives have been in the game since the first gears, so if your really complaining about that in a gears 3, then maybe you shouldn't be playing gears.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
    Well. Pre-actives are very stupid and unfair. But actives been around for Gears for a long time so I think it should stay. If a guy pre-actives,then why don't you pre-active? There is no excuse.
    Its because usually everyone wants a fair fight, everyone wants balance and for the game to have everyone pretty much on an equal level. Actives unbalance this, especially when someone pre-actives. It was like an unwritten law to not pre-active before a shotty battle but now everyone does it, and its really lame. I think its disgusting how desperate people are, if your not good then you deserve to die because your opponent outplayed you. I don't like the active, its a crutch for bad players, but since Epic already threw in the Retro and Sawed-Off I feel like any complaining or negotiating i try to do is useless.

You didn't really out play your opponent when you pre-active and get an easy 1 shot down or super gib on him.

Welll back to battlefield.

Riskieren

Quote Originally Posted by HGunSlingerX View Post
    If someone is pre-activing I just wait for them to push me. And when they do they die. They pre-active I camp. Just don't be aggressive on someone who pre-actives.
    Your internet.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Riskieren; 04-09-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

ok listen, i AM NOT complaining about the active reload itself, i think its a very good idea. BUT it irritates me how much damage boost it gives