Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BOOM3R BOY

Default Killed As Leader in CTL

Was playing with the Mrs earlier tonight and 2 guys from a clan joined. The match carried on as normal until I get a message on my screen saying my leader had died?! I didn't think this was possible but turns out she had.

When I asked her what happened, she said one second she was going into cover by the shells (grenade pick up on anvil) and the next she was on top of them and then after a couple of seconds she died.

I gather that somehow she'd glitched out the map and there's an auto kill function but then she got a message from the clan guys saying they'd done it to her but wouldn't say how.

Now I know people could glitch out the maps on Gears 2 but can people really cause you to glitch out of a map on Gears 3? Has anyone else seen this happening?
    follow me on twitter - @chilleddude2002

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lftdaporch

never seen or heard of it. it is a shame people have to resort to cheating to win.
    Online most nights after 11pm eastern time. hit me up with a message overxbox live if you need help with achievements. gt: Lftdaporch. I enjoy all game modes

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lftdaporch View Post
    never seen or heard of it. it is a shame people have to resort to cheating to win.
    Thats the strange thing, they didn't win as they were on our team!?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: llCORRUPTIONll

Weird but I remember killing leaders by accident on the beta
    Level 35 Onyx Medal Progress: 32/65
    COG: Chairman Prescott. Locust: SavageGrenadierElite
    Golden GnasherIvory Retro Lancer
    Achievement Progress: 80/82

Riskieren

Quote Originally Posted by cd02 View Post
    Was playing with the Mrs earlier tonight and 2 guys from a clan joined. The match carried on as normal until I get a message on my screen saying my leader had died?! I didn't think this was possible but turns out she had.

When I asked her what happened, she said one second she was going into cover by the shells (grenade pick up on anvil) and the next she was on top of them and then after a couple of seconds she died.

I gather that somehow she'd glitched out the map and there's an auto kill function but then she got a message from the clan guys saying they'd done it to her but wouldn't say how.

Now I know people could glitch out the maps on Gears 2 but can people really cause you to glitch out of a map on Gears 3? Has anyone else seen this happening?
    I know it's possible to glitch the leader on Gridlock and kill him/her but Never seen it on Anvil. I've had someone become invincible on Clocktower as leader before also, We couldn't down him or anything..

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iXane

Your friend lagged and stayed on top, then the game's Death Barriers killed her. When someone by accident gets out of the map or on top of any mantle, etc... like the wood crate on checkout, in seconds they die by the death barriers.
    Gears 2 Rank: 100 out of 100 (Legit Since 03/2010)
    Gears 3 >BETA< Rank: 47 out of 100
    Gears 3 Rank: 100

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I BChaps I

Yup...the code is in there so that if the leader dies, it carries on with no more respawns for your team.

As predicted, the leader got 'out of the map' and was killed.

In the beta, there were more ways for the leader to die, but most of them were fixed.
    Now only a few remain...but they are important for gameplay, so there are a few instances when the leader can die
    --- --- Gears 1 = 1160/1250 --- --- \\★//Gears 2 = 1750/1750 \\★// --- ---
    --- --- \\★//Gears 3 = 1900/2000 \\★// --- --- 608 Gears J = 1500/1500 608 --- ---
    EPIC Community Reaper July 1, 20013 -- August 20, 2013
    VT---VT---VT---VT---VT---Hokies---VT---VT---VT---VT---VT

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I think people are missing the point here, I know about someone being killed off if they glitch out but the fact that someone else can cause you to glitch out is surely a very big problem?!