MSgt. Shooter Person

Unhappy [HELP] I am unable to display button on my iPhone from UDK

Hello,
    I really need some help. I added a button using Kismet (via. Mobile Button Access & Add Input Zone). The button was meant to speed up my vehicle, and it perfectly does it when I click the button on the UDK iDevice simulator. However when I deploy the game on the iPhone 4, the button is not visible

Everything in the game works absolutely fine except the button which is not even visible.

Solutions tried:

(1) In the DefaultGame.ini, made the following changes.

[Engine.GameInfo]
    DefaultGame=MobileGame.MobileGame
    DefaultServerGame=MobileGame.MobileGame
    DefaultGameType="MobileGame.MobileGame"

When I did this, nothing happened. The button didn't show up. On top of that I think I am missing MobileGame.ini file if there is any.

Please help. I beg of you. Please

MSgt. Shooter Person

I would guess you are using the default coloring for buttons,
    import a texture and in the import options, for the LODGroup select TEXTUREGROUP_UI ,
    apply this texture to your buttons and try again.

MSgt. Shooter Person

could you make a screenshot of the kismet nodes of your button?

The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr RaNd0m

plus double check your Authored Global Scale under your button kismet is set to 2. If its set to 1 it will have scaled off the screen

I'm having a similar problem with trying to replace the joystick images, mine don't display at all even in the mobile previewer, it must be a setting somewhere as when I use a pre installed image that comes with UDK it works fine :S Just not with my own, the images are tga's and are set LOD UI on import and I'm using an add input zone to override the images... I'm using march build.

Help is much appreciated

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by RedEy3 View Post
    I'm having a similar problem with trying to replace the joystick images, mine don't display at all even in the mobile previewer, it must be a setting somewhere as when I use a pre installed image that comes with UDK it works fine :S Just not with my own, the images are tga's and are set LOD UI on import and I'm using an add input zone to override the images... I'm using march build.

Help is much appreciated
    Hey, well It seems you got most of everything right, I would suggest you start off with a simple test button, once you have that working,
    then do the joystick, or you can change the default textures for your joysticks in the script files, thats how I made joysticks for Jumpy Frogs game,
    it seems I should make a tutorial about it someday, when I get some time... Good luck