Default Is it true that you can rip 3D models from games and import them into UDK?

I want to remake a level from Alien Trilogy, but I'm looking to do it with UDK. One of my friends say I can rip the 3D models from Alien vs Predator that I have and import them into UDK but I don't know if its true or not... is it true?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Are you asking if it's possible or if it's legal? It could be possible, depending on the source you get out of AvP, but it's not legal.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ambershee

It's physically possible, but the legitimacy of it is very dubious. Generally you can only get awya with that if you never share the content with anyone else.
    - Please do not send me questions regarding programming or implementing things in UDK via Private Message. I do not have time to respond and they are much better answered in the forums. -

No, of course, it's not something I'd like to distribute or make money from. Just a personal project, but I don't have the assets to complete what I want to do.

Technical Writer - UDN
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ffejnosliw

The UDK EULA prohibits the use of copyrighted material and intellectual property that does not belong to you.