MSgt. Shooter Person

Question Catching AnimNotify_Kismet in Kismet?

Hi,
    I've tried to add an Anim Notify of type AnimNotify_Kismet to our animation, but catching it via Kismet New Event->Actor->Anim Notify does not work. I was expecting it to fire off the event in Kismet, but no. The Notify Name is same both in the Animation and in the Kismet. Are there any additional steps needed to make this work? (I do find it a bit odd that the Event has no Actor attached to it in any way, while for example the event Destroyed at least has Instigator attached to it.)

Thanks!

Iron Guard

Not tried myself, but as a guess, can you assign the skeletalmesh to the event? (with skelmesh selected, right click on node -> assign)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
    Not tried myself, but as a guess, can you assign the skeletalmesh to the event? (with skelmesh selected, right click on node -> assign)
    Cheers! That made it work Didn't know you could do that..

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi there,

please advise me how did you do that? I mean which node should I click on? I selected my mesh skeletal of course and then clicked on anim notify and there is no option for assign. Please help.

J0X3R
    In dev: Hunter Project

Iron Guard

You have to click on the little square connector iirc. Or just right click in blank space, create a variable from the skelmesh, and connect it manually to that input.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Gonna try it thanks man.

EDIT: I tried but actually when i mark the skeletalmesh and right click in blank space in Kismet there is no option of skeletal mesh variable, maybe they removed it.
    Last edited by J0X3R; 01-18-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    In dev: Hunter Project

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue.

I have added an animnotfy_kismet to my animation and created the node in kismet (New Event->Actor->Anim Notify ). Both have the same name and I have connected the out box to a log node, but it is not firing. I can't assign the skeletal mesh anywhere in kismet, the Anim Notify node only has one out box, there's no target box, not even an in box.

Does anybody know what is happening?

Thank you very much.