Default Installing Problems

Hey!

I recently downloaded UDK to my Windows 7 computer. But it wouldn't work. It said "Bla bla, you need server pack 3." or something like that. But when I tried to download SP3, it didn't work. So what I'm doing here is asking you what I'm doing wrong. Because when I try to download SP3, it says something like: "SP3 is not ment for your computer."

So what I'm doing here is asking you what I'm doing wrong..

This is the computer thingy system:
    __________________________________________________ _______
    Made by: eMachines
    Model: ET1850
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.79GHz 2.70GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB
    Systemtype: 64-Bit
    __________________________________________________ _______

Please if you have answers or if you need more information, please PM me or post here

//VoxelDub
    Last edited by VoxelDub; 04-03-2012 at 02:08 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

windows 7 does not have serceice pack 3 -.-

maybe you have XP and you need to install SP3?

It's possible that your graphics card isn't able to run it--that's a really really crappy computer

If I have a better graphics card, does that make my computer able to run UDK? Because I REALLY, REALLY want to use it!!

And if I HAVE to get SP3, how the hell could I use it on Windows 7 WITHOUT SP3?

//VoxelDub
    Last edited by VoxelDub; 04-03-2012 at 02:10 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You sure you have windows 7 64-bit?
    Installing UDK 64 bit on a 32 bit OS woll not work...and could give this error.

I have checked if this was a Windows 7 64-bit, and it is.

I mean, it says on the PC Specs:

Recommended for Content Development:

Windows 7 64-bit
    2.0+ GHz multi-core processor
    8 GB System RAM
    NVIDIA 8000 series or higher graphics card
    Plenty of HDD space

I have everything there EXCEPT for 8 GB System RAM, I have 4 GB System RAM. But that doesn't say in the ERROR.

MSgt. Shooter Person

you can run it with 4GB...I do at home. Just don't expect to bake large lightmaps.
    Double check your OS...hit Start, then right click "Computer" and select properties. In the "Systems" block, "syste, type" should read "64-bit Operating System"
    Also, check to make sure your installed video card is working/active. I think those eMachines come with integrated graphics and you might need to disable that in the BIOS and let it use the PCIe card.
    We had this issue in the past, but it was an XP64 issue and not a Windows 7 issue. However, some other people reported a problem with Windows 7 (64-bit)...but that was an old install. But, for reference, GeneralEcho posted:
    I had the same problem on Windows 7 64-bit. My solution was to right-click, select "Troubleshoot compatibility", select "Troubleshoot program" in the window that appears, check "The program worked in earlier version of Windows but won't install or run now" and hit Next, then select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" and hit Next. In the next part that appears, click "Start the program..." and it will pop up and proceed with the installation process.

Thank you very much, I will try to do this tomorrow!

I will let you know if this worked or not!

Wow! I tried it just now, and it worked! Thank you very much!

I recently downloaded UDK to my Windows 7 computer. But it wouldn't work. It said "Bla bla, you need server pack 3." or something like that. But when I tried to download SP3, it didn't work. So what I'm doing here is asking you what I'm doing wrong. Because when I try to download SP3, it says something like: "SP3 is not ment for your computer."

MSgt. Shooter Person

deja vu ... all over again

What's with copying a bit of the OP?
    I'm making a game!

http://www.desura.com/games/modulated
    Click the link above to read more!