Default Why did Myraah not die by Adam's machine???

If Myraah was indeed locust, why did she not die like all of the other locust?

Even if she was human, she should have still been infected from living underground by the imulsion for so many years.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lftdaporch

possibly whatever they did to her at new hope made her immune to immulsion, therefore no living immulsion inside her cells. hence she lives.
    Online most nights after 11pm eastern time. hit me up with a message overxbox live if you need help with achievements. gt: Lftdaporch. I enjoy all game modes

Redeemer

She may not necessarily have lived near enough to Imulsion to have been affected to the same extent as the other Locust. It's unclear exactly how much exposure to Imulsion one requires to become infected to the same levels as the Lambent or Adam himself before he died.

Plus there is no gaurantee that Adam's weapon wiped out all Locust purely because not all were necessarily infected (althugh the majority probably were). Many of the humans survived afterall. That's probably the reason. I know the ending gives the impression that the Locust were all wiped out but for any sequel (even if it does not focus on Delta) that is set post-GOW3 Epic could easily write it in.
    Last edited by bleeding pepper; 04-02-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    A 'pub' is a public house - not a 'public match'. Respect that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pub

What do you mean 'Get a life?' It's a respawning gametype - I have many lives.

What do you mean 'Rifle-whore - Go back to COD?' If you love shotguns so much why don't you go and play Duck Hunt?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by bleeding pepper View Post
    She may not necessarily have lived near enough to Imulsion to have been affected to the same extent as the other Locust. It's unclear exactly how much exposure to Imulsion one requires to become infected to the same levels as the Lambent or Adam himself before he died.

Plus there is no gaurantee that Adam's weapon wiped out all Locust purely because not all were necessarily infected (althugh the majority probably were). Many of the humans survived afterall. That's probably the reason. I know the ending gives the impression that the Locust were all wiped out but for any sequel (even if it does not focus on Delta) that is set post-GOW3 Epic could easily write it in.
    Actually if you connect the dots there is a 100% guarantee all the Locust were killed. As for Myrrah, she's human, always has been. The reason she wasn't affected by the weapon is because she doesn't have lambency in her cells, and the reason it kills all the Locust is because they do. Drones, Boomers, Kantus, Reavers, Brumaks, Sires, Formers, you name it - if it has a lambent cell structure then it died.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Joveus View Post
    Actually if you connect the dots there is a 100% guarantee all the Locust were killed. As for Myrrah, she's human, always has been. The reason she wasn't affected by the weapon is because she doesn't have lambency in her cells, and the reason it kills all the Locust is because they do. Drones, Boomers, Kantus, Reavers, Brumaks, Sires, Formers, you name it - if it has a lambent cell structure then it died.
    Bang on remember the humans used imulsion for fuel so they have all been in contact with it so she didn't have enough lambency in her cells to kill her

Simples

Adam knew quite well how far along it had to be. You didn't have to be lambent to die.

All of the locust are wiped out. Adam explicitly stated it would take locust as well. Its end game for thevwar, Humans surviving has nothing to down t. Any games fom here on out will be prequels of sorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Banned

We didn't see any locust killed by the first few waves from the machine. Maybe the machine's first few waves were only strong enough to kill things severely infected by lambency. We didn't see the machine hit full capacity till after her death

Quote Originally Posted by Solid_Gear View Post
    We didn't see any locust killed by the first few waves from the machine. Maybe the machine's first few waves were only strong enough to kill things severely infected by lambency. We didn't see the machine hit full capacity till after her death
    This is incorrect. That was merely how they arranged the cutscenes at the end. Adam spoke about it being at full capacity.
    Last edited by NFI; 04-03-2012 at 04:19 PM.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

How do you know myraah was human though? The things on her back in gears 2 are clearly alive. The next question is how did she become the leader of the locust then?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by CMG070 View Post
    How do you know myraah was human though? The things on her back in gears 2 are clearly alive. The next question is how did she become the leader of the locust then?
    She looks human, she isn't affected by the imulsion countermeasure, Baird points out her humanity in Gears 3, and also from this exerpt from the Slab viewable on Amazon;

http://www.amazon.com/Gears-War-Slab...ef=pd_sim_b_32

In case you're not sure what bit I'm on about, it's this;

"Adam, you knew this day would come." It was a familiar voice: silky, imperial, polished, and utterly human.

"Utterly human" can't really be any clearer.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KatGunz

As the queen, she has the privilege of 0 to very minimal contact with immulsion. That is the job of the subordinates.
    Gamertag: KatGunz

Quote Originally Posted by Joveus View Post
    She looks human, she isn't affected by the imulsion countermeasure, Baird points out her humanity in Gears 3, and also from this exerpt from the Slab viewable on Amazon;

http://www.amazon.com/Gears-War-Slab...ef=pd_sim_b_32

In case you're not sure what bit I'm on about, it's this;

"Adam, you knew this day would come." It was a familiar voice: silky, imperial, polished, and utterly human.

"Utterly human" can't really be any clearer.
    I am seriously looking forward to this book. It appears Adam was in deep. Jovi you have any idea on the apparent tentacles/appendages on her body in Gears 2? I thought it was a part of the wardrobe but they really looked to be moving. In Gears 3 she had that huge metal thing on her head/neck area, maybe they were under there. I don't know. I'm curious as to that.
    Last edited by NFI; 04-03-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Myrrah was human, she has human defining characteristic's, no?

Her language of Tyran (alternative to Earth's English) was spoken to a great level of etiquette and her use of language was profoundly conservative and very educated at that. No other locust could speak even close to her dialect but would rather murmer words, correct?

Myrrah is seen as a Godlike character eventhough it has not been established by epic because think about it, no other female Locust apart from berserkers are known to be female. Now just imagine if a female with great knowledge and someone who does not even remotely look Locust would be treated? They make her Queen and she is symbolised, Skorge was the higest ranking Kantus priest and perhaps in their own religion there could have been a prophecy about someone leading the Locust out of trouble?

Think about this, how long had the Queen been in charge? Perhaps the Locust did not know how to counter the Lambent enemy then Myrrah shows up and starts leading them against the Lambent as well the Humans (Human Nature cannot ever be changed i.e. power control, war and etc).

As for someone stating that she had something growing out of her back in the royal chamber in Gears 2, well that could have simply been a royal robe fitted for her, no? She does not wear that in Gears 3.

As for her surviving the lightmass bomb killing all majorly infected lambent cells on Sera, why did she survive? The same reason Marcus survived as well the rest of the humans, because she too was Human, perhaps that was more than a clearer indication than to her being Locust, no?

Epic could possibly not of thought this far yet and could be using our own idea's (the community) to help establish origins of the story for their later products i.e. novels, video games and etc.

There are so many questions open to debate such as the origins of the New Hope research facility, The Queen, The Immulsion and etc.

I welcome all counter arguements and further discussions.

Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMA View Post
    As for someone stating that she had something growing out of her back in the royal chamber in Gears 2, well that could have simply been a royal robe fitted for her, no? She does not wear that in Gears 3..
    Right, as I said. It's either simply a design change, which is most logical or something else. Those things were Moving on their own in Gears 2, as i thought they were part of the robe, and gone in Gears 3. Most likely just a character design change.

I agree that she must not have had as much contact with the immulsion as the other grubs in the locust army, but she was underground for atleast 20 years (stated when she was battling with marcus) and in contact with immulsion and its fumes for atleast that long. Im sure that she was in charge of the locust for much longer than 20 years and thus should have been affected by the immulsion more than a regular human.

I agree that she seems to human as well as her knowing the language all to well, but i do believe that the living thing on her back was attached and very much alive