Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Default My first UDK work and scene

My first UDK work and scene!

Hello UDK community!

From now and on, I will try to be as much active as I can on UDK threads. UDK is my second game engine that I worked on. Firstly, I worked in engine named FPSC ( First Person Shooter Creator ) for more than one year. After FPSC I decided that it's timeto move to some other engine. I choosed UDK! I'm working and learning it for 7-8 days and I already created one pretty good scene. I'm hoping that you will like it.
    I worked on this scene for 6-7 hours and I like the final result. Almost whole stuff is from UDK already. I also created some stuff through one tutorial. In the future ( 2-3 weeks ) I will start to learn modelling, so I will be able to put my own stuff into my first game that I will make. This scene will not be used in any game and project. I'm just testing and practising on this scene

Any feedback ?

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Welcome to the forums mate, and your work looks great; I bet you've chosen the UDK nowadays. Very nice atmosphere, visuals, artifacts and use of the few UT3 meshes (IIRC). I don't care about the critical issues of this work, some positive changes are in a good dreamer now. I love your first work and please post a video for this.

God King

Its not bad, but its from a tutorial, show off something you can do on your own and really impress us! ;P

And welcome!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Tux Android View Post
    Welcome to the forums mate, and your work looks great; I bet you've chosen the UDK nowadays. Very nice atmosphere, visuals, artifacts and use of the few UT3 meshes (IIRC). I don't care about the critical issues of this work, some positive changes are in a good dreamer now. I love your first work and please post a video for this.
    Thanks for welcoming me! Also thanks for comment and compliment. Yes UDK is engine that I will go on in future time, great engine. I will post video later, when I post some more things to map

Quote Originally Posted by TheAgent View Post
    Its not bad, but its from a tutorial, show off something you can do on your own and really impress us! ;P

And welcome!
    Thanks for comment! I'm ready for the challenge and will show in future what I have for community and everyone.
    Thanks for welcoming me

Boomshot

Not a bad start. Once you start getting into using your own 3D art in the engine thing's will really pick up! I still remember getting my first mesh into UDK. Made it look so pretty! haha.

The Sacrifice

Like the other guys said, really cool work. Now try push yourself to what the assets can be used for

Also love the colour grading of your level, nice stuff!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by JessieG View Post
    Not a bad start. Once you start getting into using your own 3D art in the engine thing's will really pick up! I still remember getting my first mesh into UDK. Made it look so pretty! haha.
    Thanks, I appreciate your comment. Yeah I can't wait to start using my own 3D models.

Quote Originally Posted by White Paper Games View Post
    Like the other guys said, really cool work. Now try push yourself to what the assets can be used for

Also love the colour grading of your level, nice stuff!
    Thanks, i'm try to do that
    I played a lot until I find the right color gradient.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here is second part that I made myself. I didn't used any tutorial on this second part. I'm happy with the final result, you are you happy ?

The Sacrifice

Cool, I think the coolest part is how you've used the assets in interesting ways..the 90degree floor pieces used as arches on the pillars, nice! Thats how to use a tutorial video and then develop your knowledge, good job!

Awsome! I really love everything For your first project I give you 9/10!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by White Paper Games View Post
    Cool, I think the coolest part is how you've used the assets in interesting ways..the 90degree floor pieces used as arches on the pillars, nice! Thats how to use a tutorial video and then develop your knowledge, good job!
    Yeah, level design is my favourite part. This scene will now probably be finished, will post more of my work later, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by VoxelDub View Post
    Awsome! I really love everything For your first project I give you 9/10!
    Thanks! Ohohoh for first project 9/10, that's really good, thanks again.

Great work. Can't wait to see more

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looks really great, man! Keep up the good work.

My only suggestion would be to slightly change up the bordering rocks a bit to make it look a little bit less perfect. Other than that I look forward to seeing more updates / your future work

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by windytree View Post
    Great work. Can't wait to see more
    Thank you, you will see more soon. It will be another scene

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Looks really great, man! Keep up the good work.

My only suggestion would be to slightly change up the bordering rocks a bit to make it look a little bit less perfect. Other than that I look forward to seeing more updates / your future work
    Thanks mate, will try to keep up the good work.
    Thanks for suggestion, will see how will it look like. Thanks you will see more of my work soon. Maybe tonight

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here is another little tutorial scene ( not everything is same )
    The scene isn't finished yet, I have to put some more details but I decided to show what I have so far. It's something like "worship" place or something like that.
    I hope that you like the screens, and of course comment!

Redeemer

Thumbs up

Impressive stuff; I love the indoors of that part! Definitely love your work, and you can do better with the details (aside from the tutorial).

MSgt. Shooter Person

Impressive stuff; I love the indoors of that part! Definitely love your work, and you can do better with the details (aside from the tutorial).
    Thanks mate, and down you can see the final version with better lighting and a lot of more details. I hope that you like the scene.
    And here are the pictures from the final scene, I hope that you like them, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

What tutorial you following btw? You're work is impressive.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Bruceleet View Post
    What tutorial you following btw? You're work is impressive.
    It's design3 fundamentals level design tutorial. I finished with this scene and many thanks.

I guess that every of you heard about Tor Frick, he's that guy who with single texture created sci fi lab. I decided that i'll take his models and try to do something like his sci fi lab. Not same, it will have many diffrent stuff.

Impressive level design work you are good man ! Can't wait for other screen of your work

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz View Post
    Impressive level design work you are good man ! Can't wait for other screen of your work
    I used models from Tor, so don't think that they are mine. Thanks, will post soon some more screens

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here I am again with my new scene, it's completely mine and i didn't use tutorial from anyone.
    It's just beginning but I wanted to show on what I will work in future. It will be something like greek scene, greek temple. I will also probably do the rest of scene like road to the temple and some more buildings around the temple. I hope that you like the idea.

MSgt. Shooter Person

To be fair, you really need to be more active on the UDK forums.

But, with your skills, you'd likely spend more time helping the rest of us out!

Once again, good job on the work! And the post_processing effects are amazing!

Cheers to your work!
    http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/15/86/17/59/stirwo11.jpg

I have a fairly extensive knowledge of Blender and GIMP. You can PM me any questions you have on either of these, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Redeemer

Nice work on the Greek scene. I like your idea and the post processing effects are also stunning.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by XXWeaponXX7 View Post
    To be fair, you really need to be more active on the UDK forums.

But, with your skills, you'd likely spend more time helping the rest of us out!

Once again, good job on the work! And the post_processing effects are amazing!

Cheers to your work!
    I will be more active in future, now I have some more jobs to do like school but next week is holiday so I will have a lot of more free space for work.
    I'm just about two weeks in UDK so I don't know that I can help too much, but I will be glad to help everyone in future. I'm still young, 16 years so I have a lot of more to learn in UDK.
    Thank you very much and you will see more from my work soon.

Nice work on the Greek scene. I like your idea and the post processing effects are also stunning.
    Thanks mate! Just beginning of this scene, you will see more from it.

Just like I said, soon you will be able to see more work from this scene. Cheers to everyone!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here are some new pictures, I hope that you like it. But there's still a lot of work to do.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here are some new pictures, I hope that you like it. But there's still a lot of work to do.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here are the last pictures from this Greek scene, I lost motivation for anything else. Hope you like it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MGregory666

Very nice work man & from someone whose only been using UDK for a few weeks that's insane :-)
    Follow me on Twitter

MSgt. Shooter Person

I Like your style, no nonsense. Great for a beginner, truly

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG85 View Post
    Very nice work man & from someone whose only been using UDK for a few weeks that's insane :-)
    Many thanks to you and for this comment, really appreciate it. I'm reading a lot of books and watching tons of videos, so i'm learning really fast. What will be in few months I don't know :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cuplacakes View Post
    I Like your style, no nonsense. Great for a beginner, truly
    Also many thanks to you, these positive comments are pushing me up to even create better stuff. In few days new pictures, i have a lot of time now to create some new stuff.

Also there will be a few more pictures from this Greek scene, you will see it soon.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

A link to the resources your using to learn from would be useful please
    Follow me on Twitter

MSgt. Shooter Person

A link to the resources your using to learn from would be useful please
    Firstly and most important is to go through Bugsy's tutorials, his tutorials are the best that you can find, unfortunately he stopped making advanced tutorials, but you can learn a lot from his previous tutorials. Here is link : http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=12

Also about the books, you'll need to buy them, I buyed some of them on Amazon so search through it and if you found something useful for yourself buy it

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thanks for that man, I will defo look into that.
    Follow me on Twitter

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for that man, I will defo look into that.
    No problem mate, check your messages also

In a few days you should expect more scenes that will be great. Until that, have a nice day.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hello guys!
    Little update on the new scene that I'm working on. I used one screen for the motivation and used models from it and I'm pretty happy with the current result. Lot of work still left to do.
    Only three pictures because i'm still in the early phase of work.

Last edited by Beno09; 04-26-2012 at 07:18 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

As I said, here are the new pictures from the newest scene. It's the desert. I had something like 50 good pictures from this scene but of course couldn't post them all.
    Enjoy.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

It's looking decent man, still it needs more life maybe birds in the sky or something. It definitely has potential though
    Follow me on Twitter

Redeemer

Thumbs up 100 percent!

I like your creativity mate, first takes place on having your potential work from time to time. Anyway, I love the atmospheric view of that desert scenario; also loved the sun, plenty of Saguaro cactus and filthy tires (I still wonder I want you to make the tumbleweeds in that part, in my humble opinion, and MarkG85's good comment also). Cheers for your work!

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's looking decent man, still it needs more life maybe birds in the sky or something. It definitely has potential though
    Hey mate, you didn't seen but there are birds in pictures 4,6,8. I'm going through that this is desert and there are no many stuff around here because if I put some more stuff it will lose that atmosphere, atmosphere of desert. Also I'm limited with 3D models because I'm still learning how to model and I don't have my own stuff.

I like your creativity mate, first takes place on having your potential work from time to time. Anyway, I love the atmospheric view of that desert scenario; also loved the sun, plenty of Saguaro cactus and filthy tires (I still wonder I want you to make the tumbleweeds in that part, in my humble opinion, and MarkG85's good comment also). Cheers for your work!
    Thanks mate, I appreciate your comment. I'm doing every of my scene with some purpose, this was to learn how to use terraing editing in UDK. Also as I said don't know to model anything good yet, but I started to learn 3Ds Max, and when I learn it I will have a much more freedom in creating my scenes.
    I don't know which will be my next scene

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast