Skaarj

Default Can't download DLC properly.

I bought Season Pass basically when the game came out, it worked fine for the horde command pack - but I sold the game some time after horde command came out. I just bought the game back tonight. Whenever I go into the game it pops up asking me if I want to download new dlc stuff. RAAM's shadow comes up first, I confirm the download for free...but when I close the download window ( to busy myself with some single player stuff while it downloads ) it just pops up again, asking me to download RAAM's shadow! Hitting yes or no on this prompt cancels my current download. cannot download it from the xbox dashboard without paying 1200mp, so the ONLY way that I can download any dlc is to sit on the download screen for 2gb worth of time - but I don't think it will even work then, help?

Edit: left the room for a little bit to do something else, came back and my xbox "screensaver" function had closed the download window and ultimately cancelled the download. It appears that I'm going to have to sit here tentatively and move the remote every few moments. Is this really how season pass owners get treated?

Edit: thought maybe flipping through the xbox live marketplace on the gears 3 menu would clear the little yellow (!)...but it won't even let me open the marketplace until I finish downloading season pass items.

Edit: download also stops when my controller shuts off.
    Last edited by Lambent Ticker; 03-31-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SweeeterTundra

have you deleted the old DLC file? it could be a file already laying there (not necessarily functional, but it may cause problems for your new download).

Otherwise you'll just have to sit there and move the sticks
    Claiming you're skilled whilst playing with the Sawed-off is like claiming you're an architect because you're good at building Lego.. (Not the case anymore - after nerfing - but I still like the quote )
    If you need any help on the forums, feel free to check out: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...m-(dictionary)

Proud member of ~SicaRius
    Please contact me or visit

http://www.sicariusclan.com/home

if you are interested in joining.

Skaarj

if I delete everything from the gears folder on my xbox I -can- download it again, right? There's not even a folder for RAAM's and I've sat here long enough for 17% of the download. Nevermind I found and deleted the incomplete file, giving it another go.

Edit: did not help, just have to restart download again. Can see they really care about customers - I'm sure I'm not the only one who had this issue and Raam's came out months ago.
    Last edited by Lambent Ticker; 03-31-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Skaarj

Does this game still have any customer support? Looking at other threads here...don't really see any official replies

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Chozo Lord

Quote Originally Posted by SweeeterTundra View Post
    have you deleted the old DLC file? it could be a file already laying there (not necessarily functional, but it may cause problems for your new download).

Otherwise you'll just have to sit there and move the sticks
    This man is right. You're just going to have to try to deal with it.