Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Proniem View Post
    Its most likely you're internet connection. Its happened to me some times when i connect to my other 'crap' modem and it comes up most of the time. Also is you're nat type strict or open because that could also be a case.
    its has nothing to do with my connection i can play any other game online but gears 3 and i just tryed playin gears 2 and i can get online

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sn1p3r 37

@proniem. I know it's not my connection. I went though factory resetting my router, resetting all the settings. Deleted my xbox cache. My router says open. I wish it was as simple as Internet, as I have a 50mbps connection I wish it was that easy. I'll be trying a few new things later.
    Last edited by Sn1p3r 37; 04-03-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    "Awwww....whats the matter?? You Hurt??"

Xbox Live Ambassador
    Xbox Gamertag: Sn1p3r 37
    Twitter handle: Sn1p3r_37

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Proniem

No problem
    Helping the community to the best of my abilities.
    Followed by Flak on Twitter. View My Profile
    Codes, Codes i got them. Message me for one. Only 5 left! (All Gone)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SUPERJOINTxx420

I would like someone from epic to say something or anything about this. It has been almost 4 days like this. I'm just woundering what it is that we have all in common, its not isp, its not in general to all canadians, I'm sure most of us have open NAT types, and also reset both modem and/or router. Most of the concenus is that it started when the new playlist came out.

I'm going to upload a video just give me acouple of min.
    \\// \\//
    Current Medal : Curbing Enthusiast

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GZA77

i'll echo everyone else here in saying that it's not my connection. there's no way this is a simple coincidence. i have never had this problem before and my connection works fine for everything else. i can even play gears 3 without any more lag than normal (which is still horrendous, but that's another thread) as long as i join a friend's game or lobby. it's only matchmaking that is the issue.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Syrane eH PSN ID: KSyrane

EPIC seriously needs to tell us something about what's going on. I'm getting annoyed that I can't even play my favorite game.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

\\// \\//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Superjointxx420 View Post
    Try getting an EPIC employee to see that somehow, via Twitter or something. Cause that`s the same problem for me, and everyone else.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MoNsTeR eH View Post
    Try getting an EPIC employee to see that somehow, via Twitter or something. Cause that`s the same problem for me, and everyone else.
    I don't use twitter, if anyone does please feel free too.
    \\// \\//

Not only in Canada that is having this problem .. In Brazil is also experiencing the same problem.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I sent out a link of this thread on twitter(at work so I can't link to the youtube video) I really hope that this gets resolved soon

Quote Originally Posted by Sn1p3r 37 View Post
    I sent out a link of this thread on twitter(at work so I can't link to the youtube video) I really hope that this gets resolved soon
    ya me to as i miss geting my A#@ kicked

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Sent out the forum to link, and the YouTube video to Joe Graf, and Pete Nub. Hopefully they check out this thread and fix this soon. >.<
    Last edited by MoNsTeR eH; 04-03-2012 at 12:18 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Tried to clear cash, still nothing. But I do join matches abit quicker, but they are still on host not dedi and they went back to origninal weapon swaps (ie digger where frags are on trenches and flame nades on thrashball).

Might attempt to redownload every mappack and clear cash but I'm getting quite aggitated to the fact that there hasn't even been an official responce to any of this.
    \\// \\//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Tried to clear cash, still nothing. But I do join matches abit quicker, but they are still on host not dedi and they went back to origninal weapon swaps (ie digger where frags are on trenches and flame nades on thrashball).

Might attempt to redownload every mappack and clear cash but I'm getting quite aggitated to the fact that there hasn't even been an official responce to any of this.
    I've been joining matches a bit quicker as well, but on P2P like you. I tried deleting and redownloading my the DLC again, and nothing seemed to work. Also, If you're in a game with a friend and they're on dedicated servers, you'll lag like crazy.

WHY ISN'T ANYONE RESPONDING TO THIS PROBLEM!?

Seriously...

Skaarj

Sorry I've not gotten back about calling tech support.
    I didn't realize that they are closed by 7pm my time so didn't get a call in yesterday.
    And today nobody picked up.

My dad's going to call them tomorrow morning so hopefully we'll have some information then...I hope they've got something useful to tell us..

It's really strange how many problems the servers seem to be having now.
    At TU4 the game played slightly better for me at first but then within a few days it seemed to have completely downgraded, FON didn't bring any improvement, although Guardian is fun at least.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MoNsTeR eH View Post
    I tried deleting and redownloading my the DLC again, and nothing seemed to work.
    Well then I am out of ideas.

NAT open, Reset router & modem, Cleared cash & Redownload update, Redownload Maps. What is left?
    Last edited by Superjointxx420; 04-04-2012 at 12:52 AM.
    \\// \\//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Well then I am out of ideas.

NAT open, Reset router & modem, Cleared cash & Redownload update, Redownload Maps. What is left?
    That's pretty much all we can do at this time besides wait until they fix it, it's out of our hands.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mewsel View Post
    Sorry I've not gotten back about calling tech support.
    I didn't realize that they are closed by 7pm my time so didn't get a call in yesterday.
    And today nobody picked up.

My dad's going to call them tomorrow morning so hopefully we'll have some information then...I hope they've got something useful to tell us..

It's really strange how many problems the servers seem to be having now.
    At TU4 the game played slightly better for me at first but then within a few days it seemed to have completely downgraded, FON didn't bring any improvement, although Guardian is fun at least.
    Keep us updated, man. I hope you find out some information to help us all out.

Hello,

I searched for all foruns if anyone had similiar situtation to me but this topic it's the most alike with my trouble.

I have a US Xbox Live account, always had since I play Xbox and neve had troubles on matchmaking in any game, but since Forces of Nature went out I cannot play with my friends, when the other players were found after the loading, I am "kicked" from the game apearing the message: "The connection to the host has been lost". I am Portuguese, living in Portugal and my friends are from Portugal too. Most of them have Portuguese accounts but other had UK accounts and they are good, nothing wrong.

The most strange is that if I make the multiplayer party, with my friends we cannot find any suitable game, alone i can find a game after 5 or 10 mins searching and can play ALL the maps, Force of Nature included. This only happened after new DLC had been released, before that I can play in my friend's parties without any trouble.

I don't know what to do anymore, I redownloaded content, cleared cache, reseted router, etc, and nothing. Only Gears have this situation, other games are perfectly in matchmaking. What to you sugest? I think Epic doesn't have a costumer support, isn't right?

Thanks

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

@ Kataryno: Do you get this when you serch for matches? (Link) What happens if you join your friends lobbies? Same problem or does everything work fine? In general the samething does happen to me, if I do and when I do get into a match all the maps are available. I've been getting "connection to host bleh blah blah" when I find matches due to me ________ (Incert reason for not finding Dedi), and people leaving.
    I know first hand that the problem we are recieving doesn't happen if I join a friends party but only when it is mine or I am alone.

I am not to sure on EPIC having a customer support I believe that this forum is the closest thing to one (Still yet to see any in 'issues' other than "Yes, you are banned" in other topics). Others have reached out via Twitter and I believe one will be contacting microsoft as well, about this problem. Because I am getting to a breaking point I think when I wake up tomorrow I'll call microsoft myself to see what if anything can be done.

-

This thread has been up for 5 days and we are still yet to even get a responce or even acknowledgement from anyone admin, staff, or other. I have tried everything that normally any problem that I've called Microsoft for, and the basic responces would be (Try this, mabey this or how about this).
    Unless its a port that needs to be opened or something (link) but I did this a week before and never encounterd any problems, that is untill around the time ofthe Raven Down 24/7 playlist cameout (A day after TU4/FoN/Guardian Playlist came out - which went perfect). At which my head goes in a circle and I start at the begining.

Sorry about the rant but I just wanted to kind of piece this together a bit better (At least in my head). Mabey Epic knows about this and doesn't care, mabey they are trying to solve it, mabey when the 24/7 goes down: problem solved, mabey it will fix it self, mabey its sever side not client, mabey we require a new xbox. But we don't know.
    Last edited by Superjointxx420; 04-04-2012 at 06:32 AM.
    \\// \\//

Superjointxx420,

Yes I get that: "Searching games", "No suitable matches found", etc when I'm alone and with my friends on my lobby, but when I'm alone, eventually can find a match after some waiting time, with my friends on it, i don't get any match. And when I go to their lobbies, we found games in 1 or 2 minutes max, but after match found, i loose connection.

That's a shame really, after having problems on Multiplayer with Gears 1 and 2, Gears 3 was running too good for me...

I really don't want to call MS support because the people answering the calls even knows less than us :S

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kataryno View Post
    I really don't want to call MS support because the people answering the calls even knows less than us :S
    Yup gotta love tech support, more so over for xbox because it truely feels like most of them don't even own an xbox. "Hi this is blah blah from micosoft let me just google this for you please hold..." I'll call in the morning and update.
    \\// \\//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

6 days, 7 pages, almost 2000 views and not a comment from anyone at epic. if you're not trying to fix this, can you please let us know so we can stop wasting our time.

I am experiencing the same thing as everyone else. I'm in Canada and my friends that play Gears are also experiencing this problem. Just like everyone else these problems started with the release of the 24/7 playlist. It would be awesome if Epic would at least acknowledge the problem so that their customers aren't left in the dark.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I just contacted microsoft and told them so what what I have done and I am currently redownloading ALL MP content (deleted everything: Maps, Skins, and Season Pass). From there I had to clear cash, then begin to dl the maps though the season pass prompts. 16% of Raams shadow. Update will follow.
    \\// \\//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Ugh...please keep us posted.

I really wish someone from EPIC would at least acknowledge this...

But honestly everything was working perfectly fine till they added that 24/7 Raven down playlist..

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iamevilchris

okay so i did play a couple of Ranked matches just now, definitely peer hosted games. that's up from not being able to join any games, though.
    THE TERMITE KING DEMANDS IT!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Last night I was playing a few quick matches* but yeah...definitely not on dedicated servers...so maybe it was a hiccup on the server side, I'd still like an actual answer...and honestly, I'll take being connected with Mexicans again over not being able to join anything at all.

*quick matches were definitely not quick...laggy for sure and not "quick" to find still.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sn1p3r 37 View Post
    I'll take being connected with Mexicans again over not being able to join anything at all.
    Haha I know right. I'm just glad I haven't got a P2P mexican.

I am currently on the phone with a rep from Microsoft. After completing downloading the maps, and the same problem is still persisting. Currently we have looked over the ports I opened for and OPEN NAT, and now back on hold. So far everything that I have tryed without them telling me to is what they are telling me to do, vicious circle. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

Side note we need a petition to change the hold music from this slow jazz crap, its lame enough that I am on hold let alone this... this ARGGHH.

Off hold: so what exactly happing? I cannot connect to severs I can only connect to P2P matches. Ok let me put you back on hold. Slow Jazz......
    Last edited by Superjointxx420; 04-04-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    \\// \\//

Quote Originally Posted by gza77 View Post
    6 days, 7 pages, almost 2000 views and not a comment from anyone at epic. if you're not trying to fix this, can you please let us know so we can stop wasting our time.
    You need to relax a bit. The issue is with Xbox live at the moment as Halo players are experiencing the same thing. Do some research before making posts like this. MICROSOFT handles matchmaking, no one else. Xbox live drives matchmaking. Its designed to force games to do so, true skill and matchmaking. Meaning when live has issues so do various games, i haven't been able to play Reach for 3 months do this isn't new or restricted to Gears. You have to be patient like the rest of us until Microsoft sorts out the issue, they had a statement on their page a few days ago.

Pete commented on this a few days ago.
    Last edited by NFI; 04-04-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    You need to relax a bit. The issue is with Xbox live at the moment as Halo players are experiencing the same thing. Do some research before making posts like this. MICROSOFT handles matchmaking, no one else. Xbox live drives matchmaking. Its designed to force games to do so, true skill and matchmaking. Meaning when live has issues so do various games, i haven't been able to play Reach for 3 months do this isn't new or restricted to Gears. You have to be patient like the rest of us until Microsoft sorts out the issue, they had a statement on their page a few days ago.

Wow really? Relax abit? I'm guessing this isn't happing to you. We are playing gears of war 2 on 3. This has been happening for 6 days, without an update from anyone other than more people saying that they have the same problem.
    Did he say he was looking into it? I must of missed that be cause I didn't read that...
    So in short, thank you for your input NFI - but you are neither helping or contributing to this conversation with your addition.

--
    I just got off the phone with mircosoft: AND. No luck, no clue were SOL untill epic actually looks into it.
    We went though the following (so know this is not the problem):
    - Restarting Modem and Router
    - Redownload Gamertag
    - Delete Map packs & Season pass + redownload everything.
    - Check ports (OPEN NAT) also changed my DNS but it is just the same thing a port forwarding.

Aside of me using an either net cord to actually hardwire my console there is nothing we can do. If anyone has there console hardwired please tell me so I know for sure that this isn't apart of the issue. We just have to play P2P or with friends untill this is resolved.
    Microsoft had no clue of this problem occuring meaing there has not been any contact to them from EPIC or that EPIC has yet to contact microsoft regarding this problem and what they are attemping to do to fix it. But after following this thread for 5 days now, I believe that even EPIC isn't looking into this. But I could be and hopefully, wrong.
    Last edited by Superjointxx420; 04-04-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    \\// \\//

Banned

It might be your connection. I suggest to take it off and put it back on later. OR you can go to "Test Connection." That should work.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
    It might be your connection. I suggest to take it off and put it back on later. OR you can go to "Test Connection." That should work.
    Simple answer is - No this isn't it and it is not entirely client side. When I am in a party (thanks for READing) with friends, I connect to matches (on the severs) no problem, no issues. When I am solo I do not. So from that if my connection is not being blocked from joining then it isn't the problem.
    \\// \\//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post

i'm relaxed, i'd just like to know what's going on. i've said it before and i'll say it again: a little communication goes a long way. all i needed to see is someone from epic to say that it's being looked into and you wouldn't have seen a 2nd post from me on the subject. as usual, epic refuses to acknowledge any real problems with their game, so here we are.

and please don't preach patience to me. i've put up with nothing but lag for the last 5 months because i only get matched with mexican players. i've been absolutely patient, while epic deletes these threads instead of responding. i simply want a game in the state it was during the beta and the month after release.

Banned

Simple answer is - No this isn't it and it is not entirely client side. When I am in a party (thanks for READing) with friends, I connect to matches (on the severs) no problem, no issues. When I am solo I do not. So from that if my connection is not being blocked from joining then it isn't the problem.
    Then it is your Connection. Just like I said. Why you deny my answer if you just admit it is true? You have to do something about your connection because it seems as if you can't connect to anyone else because of your NAT type. The only reason you can play with friends is because they have good connection and since they are party leaders,most of the Connection is on them.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Then it is your Connection. Just like I said. Why you deny my answer if you just admit it is true? You have to do something about your connection because it seems as if you can't connect to anyone else because of your NAT type. The only reason you can play with friends is because they have good connection and since they are party leaders,most of the Connection is on them.
    i'll just assume you haven't read the rest of this thread. this is not an individual connection issue.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Wow really? GO LOOK UP THIS VERY PAGE you will see a paragraph on what I just accoplished with a Microsoft rep and yet still you come back, to troll some more. My NAT is OPEN. OPEN every port that is required to be open, do I hav... no I'm not even goning to finish, this will be a circle of you not getting it. Thank you. Cheers.
    Last edited by Superjointxx420; 04-04-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    \\// \\//

Banned

Wow really? GO LOOK UP THIS VERY PAGE you will see a paragraph on what I just accoplished with a Microsoft rep and yet still you come back, to troll some more. My NAT is OPEN. OPEN every port that is required to be open, do I hav... no I'm not even goning to finish, this will be a circle of you not getting it. Thank you. Cheers.
    I love to Troll. You are so salty right now aren't you!! If your NAT is Open then you seriously have problems with the Gears network system or something because you are the only person I know having this problem. Good bye.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I am the only one? Salty no, thinking that you might need a higher education than grade 9 yes. Well done. Thank you for reading everything and then giving a valid opinion, you are awesome, Grade A+. You could become president one day other generic good for you comment.
    \\// \\//

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast