Default Jazz Jackrabbit PETITION

http://www.change.org/petitions/epic...ackrabbit-game

HELP BRING EPICS NEW MASCOT BACK!
    THE JJR series is a great one. In this day and age with old school platformers coming back like Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario, why would not JJR be able to get a piece of the cake? Good platforming, lan/online multiplayer, shooting, lots of weapons/ammo, being able to create your own maps. People now would PAY to get a game, 2D platformer or not that had all those features. I for one am i think i'm not alone.

If a game gets made in the same vein as the old games with almost the same features i am sure the game will sell well across all platforms. Being able to create maps on the XBOX 360, PS3 and PC so that everyone on all platforms could enjoy your maps. If it were to be a 2D platformer/shooter cross support for online play would be a welcome addition to the map creation of the community. The possibilites with Jazz is endless and with this peition i hope Epic will listen and give us this.

Also in how many games can you say THIS after playing it "I was playing as a rabbit that ran as fast as Sonic and i had a ******* gun"? He's like a cross between Rambo and Bugs Bunny. Shoots stuff like Rambo and is as fun and has humour like Bugs bunny.

Features that should be included (What i think):
    - Lan/Multiplayer, Coop/PVP
    - Cross playing
    - Create and share maps
    - 2D platforming/shooting action

(More can be updated as fans come up with ideas)

Even Alexander Brandon the one who made the music for the Jazz games is going to sign. Help me, him and other platformer and Jazz fan to make this happen!

It would be good if they create a new Jazz game more playable characters I am a big fan

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainSlayer

I never played the first game though I have an unopened copy sitting on my bookshelf. :P I would support this as a DLC title.

Boomshot

i played long time ago, so if a new JAZZ game, 2D scroll still OK, or 3D scroll , not behind view angle action game...

will sign the petition even though many will want to create a new epic games play jazz?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: anointedknight PSN ID: captgrim21

I say we put a team together in the forums and do it for real. I'm currently working on my own project but would love to make that my next project.

God King

You are not allowed to make a game in the Unreal Engine (or any other engine) called "Jazz Jackrabbit" (this rule applies to any other licensed franchise as well, otherwise fans might have even made an Unreal game with the UDK). Epic has the license, it is a copyrighted product, their property.

But you should know, you are allowed to make a game in the style of Jazz Jackrabbit for example with the UDK, this would require a different name, different weapons and different characters. It wouldn't be a Jazz Jackrabbit game, but if done right, it could carry on the Jazz-spirit.

I would welcome a new Jazz Jackrabbit game but it is up to Epic Games as they have to decide whether they want to make a new one or not.
    Last edited by Sly.; 10-08-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .