Skaarj

Default banned for downloading the dlc?

Yesterday i downloaded the forces of nature dlc and immediately afterwards i wasnt able to play online. My party switched to local and when i try to switch it back to public a message pops up saying my profile settings do not allow me to play online. please make sure all profiles can play online. I could play fine before i downloaded the dlc but afterwards i couldnt. I am only a level 63 with only 4 onyx medals (which are only horde ones) and have never idle boosted, modded, hacked or any of that stuff i honestly dont even know how to do any of it nor ever want to! I hate modders!! My little brother can play it but it wont let my profile and i really need help the exact same thing has happened to my neighbour and we really dont know why this has happened please please help! Gt is RRod Brain and my friends is RRod Pinkie.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Celestial Haven

first question, why is your forum name the one of your friend's GT?
    Second, you had to do something to get banned, very few are actual mistakes.
    Also you said your bro can play gears, is this on the exact same xbox as the one your profile is on? If so then it might be a little glitch up cause his profile should also be banned for being on the banned xbox, if you were indeed banned that is.

pm Flak and ask her why you were banned, she should be able to clear this up.

Boomshot
    Somewhere hiding with a longshot waiting for some locust to walk by
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tekken Wardog

you better be telling the truth before you get put on the spot.
    TrueGears
    Thanks Lycan for the Alex
    Thanks *Zap* for the Adam fenix
    Thanks BRUTE for the LGS
    Thanks Cher for the Lancer Avatar
    Thanks Capt23n for the SGE

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Wardog313 View Post
    you better be telling the truth before you get put on the spot.
    And this cause a ton of people say they did nothing and one forumer happens to find LOADS of dirt on them....

Boomshot
    Somewhere hiding with a longshot waiting for some locust to walk by
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tekken Wardog

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Haven View Post
    first question, why is your forum name the one of your friend's GT?
    Second, you had to do something to get banned, very few are actual mistakes.
    Also you said your bro can play gears, is this on the exact same xbox as the one your profile is on? If so then it might be a little glitch up cause his profile should also be banned for being on the banned xbox, if you were indeed banned that is.

pm Flak and ask her why you were banned, she should be able to clear this up.
    yeah that gamer tag part had me "smh".. something isn't right.
    TrueGears
    Thanks Lycan for the Alex
    Thanks *Zap* for the Adam fenix
    Thanks BRUTE for the LGS
    Thanks Cher for the Lancer Avatar
    Thanks Capt23n for the SGE

Skaarj

I'm using my friends profile because i dont have my own and seeing as we have the same problem i thought i might as well just use his..
    secondly i really dont know how to boost im telling the truth I do play private matches a bit but its because im not very good on public and only really used them when i was close to getting from a medal of some sort.. i've had gears since it came out and have the season pass and have had no problems before with any of the dlc's... And yes my brothers profile is on the same xbox and i can play any other game online except gears 3, even gears 2 i can play online!

Skaarj

i've even contacted xbox support and they dont know why i cant play online!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RRod Pinkie View Post
    I'm using my friends profile because i dont have my own and seeing as we have the same problem i thought i might as well just use his..
    secondly i really dont know how to boost im telling the truth I do play private matches a bit but its because im not very good on public and only really used them when i was close to getting from a medal of some sort.. i've had gears since it came out and have the season pass and have had no problems before with any of the dlc's... And yes my brothers profile is on the same xbox and i can play any other game online except gears 3, even gears 2 i can play online!
    ok well like i said, PM Flak and ask her to see whats up, click on her name in my post to send her a message.

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

Xbox Support doesn't cover Gears of War bans.
    Epic does.
    If your account was banned it was because of one of these reasons:
    1) Public Boosting - players who boost in public matches. Example: Using a rubberband to spin in circles so they don't get kicked.
    2) Being a huge a** on the forums personally attacking Epic and/or its employees - There were a couple banned for this
    3) Modded/Exploited profile:
    -Using the pixelated skins (or having them unlocked)
    -Using the Epic Games/Crimson Omen Medal (or having them unlocked)
    -Having content unlocked you have not met the requirements for (like having Prescott - with 0 matches played)
    -Having medals or ribbons unlocked that you did not unlock (easy to detect due to XP)
    -Modded achievements seems to count too. Guy was banned recently and he had 48 achievements unlocked in 1 day (impossible)
    -Using ingame exploits that we recorded and sent to a admin (like glitching out of a map)
    -Using the profile duplication glitch (coping Profile X over Profile Y)

Also as Joe Graf's Twitter:
    Also, it does not matter if you did the hacking 4 months ago and aren't using it now. Databases never forget
    Last edited by LambentHammerburst; 03-29-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    Xbox Support doesn't cover Gears of War bans.
    Epic does.
    If your account was banned it was because of one of these reasons:
    1) Public Boosting - players who boost in public matches. Example: Using a rubberband to spin in circles so they don't get kicked.
    2) Being a huge a** on the forums personally attacking Epic and/or its employees - There were a couple banned for this
    3) Modded/Exploited profile:
    -Using the Epic Games/Crimson Omen Medal (or having them unlocked)
    -Having content unlocked you have not met the requirements for (like having Prescott - with 0 matches played)
    -Having medals or ribbons unlocked that you did not unlock (easy to detect due to XP)
    -Modded achievements seems to count too. Guy was banned recently and he had 48 achievements unlocked in 1 day (impossible)
    -Using ingame exploits that we recorded and sent to a admin (like glitching out of a map)
    -Using the profile duplication glitch (coping Profile X over Profile Y)
    I have honestly never done any of these!! probably dont believe me but i really really havent done any of them! Ive come up against maybe 2 people with pixelated skins but one of them had the epic badge medal and inhis profile and had soemthing in his description saying he worked for epic :/ tried to kill him and pick up his retro but i couldnt

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: alexnica99

so that means that everyone that got banned wont be able to play gears 3 on the same xbox? or they can play with another account?can anyone answer me this plz....!
    so many thanks to Papa Midnite for the commando Dom... thanks for my new years present

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by alexnica89 View Post
    so that means that everyone that got banned wont be able to play gears 3 on the same xbox? or they can play with another account?can anyone answer me this plz....!
    Gears bans are console bans as well as profile bans from what I understand. Any profile used or created on the banned xbox will also be banned and any xbox that the banned profile goes to will also ban that console.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    Question, does picking them up from a guy who modded the game count as a reason for ban?

Skaarj

well i've tried halo and gears 2 and 1 and i can play them online no bother and my little brother can play gears 3 online no problem... i can even create a new account and play 3 online with it..

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

well i've tried halo and gears 2 and 1 and i can play them online no bother and my little brother can play gears 3 online no problem... i can even create a new account and play 3 online with it..
    have you messaged Flak yet? sounds like its just a little glitch up in the game.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Haven View Post
    Question, does picking them up from a guy who modded the game count as a reason for ban?
    Doubtful.
    You've done no modding of any kind, you are just picking up a weapon. It could have theortically been an accident.
    and if anyone recorded you using a picked up digitized skin, I'd bet if Epic bothered to look into it they'd see your profile/player data is clean.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Beta Tester
    Thank you Eat Ground for Com Dom!
    Thank you FL4K/Lambent Veteran for Adam Fenix and Mech. Baird!

Skaarj

i messaged her but no reply i think she is offline.. thanks a lot celestial haven and lambenthammerburst i know i sound like a whiner but im just really worried.. i love gears so much i even bought the custom controller and only use it when playing gears so i just really hope it all doesnt go to waste

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
    Doubtful.
    You've done no modding of any kind, you are just picking up a weapon. It could have theortically been an accident.
    and if anyone recorded you using a picked up digitized skin, I'd bet if Epic bothered to look into it they'd see your profile/player data is clean.
    I would hope so, seems like that would screw over tons of people.

i messaged her but no reply i think she is offline.. thanks a lot celestial haven and lambenthammerburst i know i sound like a whiner but im just really worried.. i love gears so much i even bought the custom controller and only use it when playing gears so i just really hope it all doesnt go to waste
    well hopefully she gets back to you soon.

I gots the limited edition console, so if i got banned I would probably go on a ragin murder spree of those around me, buy a new console, start a fresh new life, and then go on another raging murder spree once i saw that I also lost all my gamerscore. lol im an achievement whore
    Last edited by Celestial Haven; 03-29-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Skaarj

I gots the limited edition console, so if i got banned I would probably go on a ragin murder spree of those around me, buy a new console, start a fresh new life, and then go on another raging murder spree once i saw that I also lost all my gamerscore. lol im an achievement whore
    [/QUOTE]

I think i am contemplating doing the same right about now but im afraid i might damage the controller wanted the xbox but it was either that or food for a month