A lot of people use Unreal to make games as well as now for architectural or engineering-based work, but what about general artwork? For a long time, I enjoyed viewing the artwork from people made for the DominanceWar challenge. With this annual event now at an end, however, I've been contemplating lately about what could take its place and think I've come up with a cool idea Epic could get behind.

The idea I have is for a website called Unrealistry.com (Unreal Artistry): a place where people of any skill-level can do something similar to the DAZ 3D community, but instead use the UDK toolkit to create their masterpieces and share them with other users. Then, for the real heavy-hitters in the community, there could be similar, phased seasonal challenges for artists to build objects, scenes or short movies in the engine similar to "Samaritan", to compete for a series of prizes. I'm sure that there are plenty of partners out there as well -- Autodesk, Pixologic and Adobe for software; Wacom, Hanvon and Dell for hardware; and Digital-Tutors and Gnomon for training -- who would be happy to donate prizes to the initiative...

I'd really like some feedback from the community on this idea and a response from Epic. I'm just an artist, so your studio would need to be the frontrunners in the initiative.