Thread: Request

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Chaosweaver22

Default Request

I had noticed a few people here work and 3D art and the final turnouts were beautiful!

Now, the reason why I am posting this is for something I know will take a lot of time and effort. And to be honest, I am not expecting anyone here to take my request. However, I am asking, if someone is up for it, to do an animation of me as a COG soldier.

I am not half as talented as most of you guys, that is why I ask :P
    If you are up to it, drop a comment, and I will help with what details I can
    I would be forever grateful if someone did! I would dedicate my signature to ya, and show everybody your work!

And since this is an art thread here are some of my M2 Lancer designs
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Request-Thread!

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ns-compilation!
    Michael Barrick - Savage Hunter w/ FL4K Weapons
    Level 89 - Gears God
    Thank you, sB Torque, for the Flaming Sawed Off! Thanks, Cher for the Cole Plushie!
    Thanks, Phenom23 for the 2 day code! Thank you, Total Eclipse, for the Beta Thrashball Cole!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

60 views and no comments...

I has a sad

:P
    Level 89 - Gears God
    Thank you, sB Torque, for the Flaming Sawed Off! Thanks, Cher for the Cole Plushie!
    Thanks, Phenom23 for the 2 day code! Thank you, Total Eclipse, for the Beta Thrashball Cole!

What you are asking for is fairly ambitious especially when there is no real compensation. If you find someone interested then great, but most likely you are not going to have many takers. What you are asking to do (assuming nobody here already has a riggable cog base model already) is:
    1. Model a COG model from head to toe, with a customized head. Organic humanoid modeling is definitely one of the harding things to pull off effectively in terms of modeling.
    2. Once completed the model needs to be rigged, materials need to be applied, along with creating and applying textures.
    3. Then there is the process of animating the model.

For a vet in the field I'm sure they could accomplish this in a reasonable amount of time, but like I said before doing it simply for free is probably not a large enough incentive to convince somebody to participate in the process. Good luck with your search though.
    Last edited by gorillahands4; 03-30-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by gorillahands4 View Post
    What you are asking for is fairly ambitious especially when there is no real compensation. If you find someone interested then great, but most likely you are not going to have many takers. What you are asking to do (assuming nobody here already has a riggable cog base model already) is:
    1. Model a COG model from head to toe, with a customized head. Organic humanoid modeling is definitely one of the harding things to pull off effectively in terms of modeling.
    2. Once completed the model needs to be rigged, materials need to be applied, along with creating and applying textures.
    3. Then there is the process of animating the model.

For a vet in the field I'm sure they could accomplish this in a reasonable amount of time, but like I said before doing it simply for free is probably not a large enough incentive to convince somebody to participate in the process. Good luck with your search though.
    I know, I just cant think of a way to make up for it...that's why I wouldnt be upset if noone does it lol

If there was a way I could return the favor, or do it myself I would, I just can't think of anything.
    Level 89 - Gears God