MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Static mesh V.S. Vehicle

Here is a good one...I hope that you can help. I have a vehicle that I want to crash it into a sign on the side of the road. Here is what I did. Created a static mesh sign, gave the sign an auto convex collision so as I could hit it and not pass through it, checked the box can be dynamic for the mesh. I can walk up to the sign and bump it over.......But when I drive my vehicle into the sign it stops me like I hit a concrete wall......What can I do so that my vehicle will knock the sign down and not bloody my face on the windshield

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy View Post
    Here is a good one...I hope that you can help. I have a vehicle that I want to crash it into a sign on the side of the road. Here is what I did. Created a static mesh sign, gave the sign an auto convex collision so as I could hit it and not pass through it, checked the box can be dynamic for the mesh. I can walk up to the sign and bump it over.......But when I drive my vehicle into the sign it stops me like I hit a concrete wall......What can I do so that my vehicle will knock the sign down and not bloody my face on the windshield
    That's weird you gave it an auto convex collision and it doesn't work ? did you gave the collision using the brush ?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well if I understand you right......I opened my static mesh editor and brought up the mesh and clicked on the collision at the top.(Auto Convex collision). It works great for me to walk up to it and knock it down but if I drive into it...whaam it stops me. Do you think that it could be a setting on my truck?

Redeemer

Well if I understand you right......I opened my static mesh editor and brought up the mesh and clicked on the collision at the top.(Auto Convex collision). It works great for me to walk up to it and knock it down but if I drive into it...whaam it stops me. Do you think that it could be a setting on my truck?
    does it work with the cars that were shipped in UDK ? i mean does the auto convex collision work for the UDK cars ? let me know

MSgt. Shooter Person

No...the car that came with crashes to a stop also.

Redeemer

No...the car that came with crashes to a stop also.
    ok the auto convex works when you walk to it or when you shoot it ?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Walk into it...not sure about guns because I removed the weapons

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ok yeh guns do knock over the sign as well as walking up to it an knocking it over.....Anyone help out there on this? Thanks.

Redeemer

Ok yeh guns do knock over the sign as well as walking up to it an knocking it over.....Anyone help out there on this? Thanks.
    alright i will try to test something in UDK i'll post back to see if there is a solution over this obviously there is one but i just don't know what yet,

Redeemer

alright i will try to test something in UDK i'll post back to see if there is a solution over this obviously there is one but i just don't know what yet,

Redeemer

posted twice please someone delete,