Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    103

    Default Static mesh V.S. Vehicle

    Here is a good one...I hope that you can help. I have a vehicle that I want to crash it into a sign on the side of the road. Here is what I did. Created a static mesh sign, gave the sign an auto convex collision so as I could hit it and not pass through it, checked the box can be dynamic for the mesh. I can walk up to the sign and bump it over.......But when I drive my vehicle into the sign it stops me like I hit a concrete wall......What can I do so that my vehicle will knock the sign down and not bloody my face on the windshield

  2. #2
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy View Post
    Here is a good one...I hope that you can help. I have a vehicle that I want to crash it into a sign on the side of the road. Here is what I did. Created a static mesh sign, gave the sign an auto convex collision so as I could hit it and not pass through it, checked the box can be dynamic for the mesh. I can walk up to the sign and bump it over.......But when I drive my vehicle into the sign it stops me like I hit a concrete wall......What can I do so that my vehicle will knock the sign down and not bloody my face on the windshield
    That's weird you gave it an auto convex collision and it doesn't work ? did you gave the collision using the brush ?

  3. #3
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Well if I understand you right......I opened my static mesh editor and brought up the mesh and clicked on the collision at the top.(Auto Convex collision). It works great for me to walk up to it and knock it down but if I drive into it...whaam it stops me. Do you think that it could be a setting on my truck?

  4. #4
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy View Post
    Well if I understand you right......I opened my static mesh editor and brought up the mesh and clicked on the collision at the top.(Auto Convex collision). It works great for me to walk up to it and knock it down but if I drive into it...whaam it stops me. Do you think that it could be a setting on my truck?
    does it work with the cars that were shipped in UDK ? i mean does the auto convex collision work for the UDK cars ? let me know

  5. #5
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    103

    Default

    No...the car that came with crashes to a stop also.

  6. #6
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy View Post
    No...the car that came with crashes to a stop also.
    ok the auto convex works when you walk to it or when you shoot it ?

  7. #7
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Walk into it...not sure about guns because I removed the weapons

  8. #8
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Ok yeh guns do knock over the sign as well as walking up to it an knocking it over.....Anyone help out there on this? Thanks.

  9. #9
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy View Post
    Ok yeh guns do knock over the sign as well as walking up to it an knocking it over.....Anyone help out there on this? Thanks.
    alright i will try to test something in UDK i'll post back to see if there is a solution over this obviously there is one but i just don't know what yet,

  10. #10
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy View Post
    Ok yeh guns do knock over the sign as well as walking up to it an knocking it over.....Anyone help out there on this? Thanks.
    alright i will try to test something in UDK i'll post back to see if there is a solution over this obviously there is one but i just don't know what yet,

  11. #11
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    posted twice please someone delete,


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright ©2009-2011 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search vBulletin skin by CompletevB.com.