Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Default iCloud Save Sync Issue between iPhone and iPad

    I'm experiencing an issue with iCloud save syncing between devices, I'm hoping someone can help me out.

    I have a level 50 character that I've been playing on my iPhone. The iCloud sync used to work perfectly between the phone and my old iPad. Then I sold that and got the new iPad. I restored a backup of my original iPad. Infinity Blade II would crash every time I tried to open, even after killing the task on the multi-bar and hard resetting the pad.

    So I deleted the game and redownloaded. After that, the app opened, but despite the fact that I was signed into Game Center, and it would recognize me, it started a new game. This created a second save in my iCloud. I've tried several times deleting that file and restarting Infinity Blade II, but it just keeps maintaining the new game with the level 1 character. I have tried signing in and out of Game Center, and turning on and off document backup in iCloud settings, but nothing fixes this.


    I'd really like the iCloud save to sync between devices. Any ideas what to do?

  2. #2
    Saburai

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    6,680

    Default

    The first time i used icloud I did something like this.

    The answer for me was pretty simple: are you completely sure the game didnt just start a new character slot? (pause>settings[gear button]>character slots>and then change to your old one?)

  3. #3

    Default

    Good thought, but that doesn't appear to be the issue. There is only one slot, and it is the new game.

  4. #4
    Saburai

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    6,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakodeh View Post
    Good thought, but that doesn't appear to be the issue. There is only one slot, and it is the new game.
    question: were you on a different iOS version on your old iPad than your iPad 3? like 5.0.1 on your old one and 5.1 on your new one?

  5. #5

    Default

    No, I'm pretty sure both iPads were up to date on 5.1. Out of curiosity, is there a known fix if that was the case?

  6. #6
    Saburai

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    6,680

    Default

    Nope, no known fix.

    This is a weird bug. Never heard of anyone having two different save files conflicting...DarthDuck may be able to help you.

  7. #7

    Default

    Anyone have any ideas here? this is really frustrating. I've deleted the game from my iPad, cleaned out the save in iCloud, turned on and off iCloud, hard reset the device all at once, and still every time I reinstall it just goes back to a new game on the 1st level. It's like there's a local save on the device that won't get cleaned out no matter what I do, and literally no way to access the save on iCloud from my phone, which is the one I want to sync.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  8. #8

    Default

    Anyone have any ideas here? this is really frustrating. I've deleted the game from my iPad, cleaned out the save in iCloud, turned on and off iCloud, hard reset the device all at once, and still every time I reinstall it just goes back to a new game on the 1st level. It's like there's a local save on the device that won't get cleaned out no matter what I do, and literally no way to access the save on iCloud from my phone, which is the one I want to sync.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  9. #9

    Default

    Plug in iPhone
    In iTunes backup iPhone (with actual game stats) - this will take a bit
    Restore iPad from iTunes backup (not cloud)
    Your current stats will appear when u play from the iPad

    Side note: sync is not perfect I've found the sync to iPhone 4s after playing on the iPad to be fine, but have had multiple issues with losing progress going from iPhone to iPad. The only solution I've found to get your current stats is the above backup of the iPhone then restoring the iPad through iTunes.

  10. #10

    Default

    Thanks. That sounds like a fairly painful solution (restoring the iPad from a backup), but that may be my only option.

    Just out of curiosity, when you restore the iPad, you restore it from the iPad backup, right? NOT the backup of the iPhone?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakodeh View Post
    Thanks. That sounds like a fairly painful solution (restoring the iPad from a backup), but that may be my only option.

    Just out of curiosity, when you restore the iPad, you restore it from the iPad backup, right? NOT the backup of the iPhone?
    No, I was told by the AppleCare rep to follow the exact procedure above and it worked each time. Use the iPhone backup to restore the iPad and all your current game stats from GC will appear

  12. #12

    Default

    I've got the same issue. I've tried copying save game across. I've tried uninstalling from both devices, rebooting both devices and removing IB2 form iCloud before reinstalling on both devices.

    Nothing seems to work.

    Restoring the iPad from my iPhone's backup is not an option as it would roll back my entire device and lose loads of other stuff that ink not willing to lose.

  13. #13

    Default

    Scratch that. I just tried the method of uninstalling from both devices, removing it from iCloud, rebooting both devices and reinstalling and it worked this time.

    The only thing I did differently this time was that I ran it on my iPhone first rather than the iPad.

  14. #14

    Default

    dancj: Great, glad that worked. However, in doing that, did you not lose all of your game progress? I've come pretty far with my character and would hate to lose all of that progress just to get the sync working.

    Really disappointed; after clash mob update, iPad randomly found my iPhone character. Sync seemed to work from iPhone to iPad, so I thought the situation was fixed. However, put in a lot of time on the iPad, and now realize none of the progress made there syncs back to my iPhone. So the game saves appear to be divided again. This is really frustrating, considering deleting game from my iPad just to save the frustration..

  15. #15

    Default

    I'm afraid I did lose all my progress - but I've only just bought the game so that wasn't an issue for me.

    When I went into the iCloud I actually had two files saved. I guess you could try to delete just one of them and hope you're lucky. I suspect it's a longshot though.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I'm afraid I did lose all my progress - but I've only just bought the game so that wasn't an issue for me.

    When I went into the iCloud I actually had two files saved. I guess you could try to delete just one of them and hope you're lucky. I suspect it's a longshot though.
    Yeah, I've tried that a bunch of times with no luck--the iPad just reverts to the local save. I think it's just time to give up on this.. It's just too frustrating to lose lots of progress. It's a shame, iCloud save synching showed real promise.

  17. #17

    Default

    I think I had a similar problem.First make sure you have wifi internet connection active or sync with cellular network "ticked" in iCloud "documents & data" page on your high level device (and kill an enemy) just to be sure you have the right save files in cloud.After that do this:
    -Kill IB2 if its started
    -disable "documents & data" sync and let it delete files from device (it wont delete from cloud)
    -start IB2 and fight a bit (so it can create a new local save file) , after that kill IB2
    -enable "document & data" sync again (dont forget your internet connection)
    -Start IB2 , now it should replace the files from iCloud
    Sorry for being so detailed ,I just want everything to be done right.Hope I helped

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hhayf View Post
    I think I had a similar problem.First make sure you have wifi internet connection active or sync with cellular network "ticked" in iCloud "documents & data" page on your high level device (and kill an enemy) just to be sure you have the right save files in cloud.After that do this:
    -Kill IB2 if its started
    -disable "documents & data" sync and let it delete files from device (it wont delete from cloud)
    -start IB2 and fight a bit (so it can create a new local save file) , after that kill IB2
    -enable "document & data" sync again (dont forget your internet connection)
    -Start IB2 , now it should replace the files from iCloud
    Sorry for being so detailed ,I just want everything to be done right.Hope I helped
    Thanks for the post. I followed the steps exactly, but it didn't help. The game I started on the iPad came right back to where it was after re-enabling doc sync on iCloud. :{

  19. #19

    Exclamation yep!

    Quote Originally Posted by rcolwell3 View Post
    Plug in iPhone
    In iTunes backup iPhone (with actual game stats) - this will take a bit
    Restore iPad from iTunes backup (not cloud)
    Your current stats will appear when u play from the iPad

    Side note: sync is not perfect I've found the sync to iPhone 4s after playing on the iPad to be fine, but have had multiple issues with losing progress going from iPhone to iPad. The only solution I've found to get your current stats is the above backup of the iPhone then restoring the iPad through iTunes.
    I had the exact same problem, and the solution WORKED for me. Thank-you!!

  20. #20
    Deathless
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,086
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: greenday48104

    Default

    In re OP. . .are any of you having these iCloud syncing problems using jailbroken devices? Just curious because if appsync was downloaded from cydia onto a jailbroken iphone or ipad it is known to cause iCloud syncing errors. If this is the case for anyone, I recommend restoring the iOS devices and re-jailbreaking (if you want) and the issue should resolve.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top