MSgt. Shooter Person

Default We don't need MLG suggestion. Feedback Please.

Hey community after watching last nights Active Reload it got me thinking. Everyone agreed we don't need MLG to survive, we just have to get the funding from somewhere. Here is an idea that I would like to get some feedback.

Community Driven

Now I know we have Hypefestation and I watched both of them and loved them. The problem is people like CDN had to front the prize money. Its not just him, but people were paying out of pocket. What if we as a community do this.

1. Get twitch involved and follow in MLG's footsteps and make a 5$ PPV. I know Cream, Fallout, myself and alot of other people out there have great streaming computers and we could make something happen.

2. Make it a open registration $200 dollars a team.

3. Have the event somewhere neutral like Dallas. East, West, and Central could commute to this.

Say we got 32 teams thats 6400 dollars. Now lets add in even 500 people (shooting low) who pay to watch. That comes out too 2500. Also last night on Active Reload Cream and the guys were trying to get Epic to match what we put up. If that were to happen that comes out to 15-16k. If you make it even a 6k prize pool were top 4 get paid that leaves plenty for expensives.

Sorry if this was a waste of your time. Just got me thinking.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Community isn't strong enough, people will quit simply because its not MLG.
    Competitive Gears of War player, if you haven't already... check out hypefestation.com

MSgt. Shooter Person

I like the PPV idea.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Maybe just a donation would be better too. Requiring a PPV will sacrifice viewers numbers

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Insert Caption

Yeah, i agree to keep the events going, do PPV. Dont mind paying. And whoever said donations, wouod barely recieve any
    Member of the Old Guard medal + SOS = Facepalm.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FinestHaze

Quote Originally Posted by Shmehh View Post
    Community isn't strong enough, people will quit simply because its not MLG.
    123456this

MSgt. Shooter Person

Unfortunately MLG is the only console league that knows how to properly run an event besides Hypefestation, and Hype is still getting there. There is no promise that Hype will be able to continually run in the future and even throughout the year. If it was, then for sure we don't need MLG. But the fact is that MLG will always be there, and the Gears community is looking for that type of security. Now I know that when GOW3 is held at an MLG event (Yes I said when) that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be guaranteed a spot every event this season. But the fact that MLG puts the ball in our court and gives us a shot to prove ourselves is comforting.

Do we need MLG? I think the real question is do we need a year round circuit with a substantial prize pool worth traveling for? And the answer is Yes

If Hype can provide us with that, than no we don't need MLG.

And the next question that needs answering is how can we make Hypefestation sustainable? PPV? I don't know, but it's definitely a conversation worth having.
    Last edited by @Strife; 03-30-2012 at 01:02 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Insert Caption

They should talk about PPV in active reload
    Member of the Old Guard medal + SOS = Facepalm.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Array Blankie

I wish we had MLG matches but it's all good