Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    You can play the game. That right there is half the work.
    Dude we all know you blow smoke up EPIc's arse every chance you get and normally that's fine, but this achievements is genuinely bull**** so it just makes you look like your loyalty is turning off your brain. i played 5 games of guardian earlier and was the leader a grand total of once. Regardless of how you play getting the chance to actually take a shot at this is as rare as finding Rocking-Horse ****. In that perticular match i got 3 kills before we had smoked the CoG team who then left and we got a bot-fest.
    Gears hurts so Go Hard or Go Home!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by OMG Its B3RT View Post
    That achievement is not hard at all with friends on raven down four guys pull out retros and just down everyone they see and you mop up the kills thats how me and my friends did it now we all four have ivory
    The achievement pretty much REQUIRES a 5man team agreeing to go for it. What if you dont know 5 peeps that play?
    Cant be done solo

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Finnie1245

Quote Originally Posted by Ashokk View Post
    i played 5 games of guardian earlier and was the leader a grand total of once.
    5 whole matches??? 0_0

and you are right in your next post...
    this achievement REQUIRES teamwork!

so ask your teammates to help out...
    Last edited by XXL Chalupa; 03-28-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    AJF 1/8/11
    Quote Originally Posted by evilchris2003 View Post
    ... you arent supposed to unlock things instantly.
    It will be harder for less able players but things arent supposed to be given they're supposed to be earnt

its pretty easy in Australia. not sure in American, i got it already. and i noticed so many people got it already.

Yea its actualy easy I have it too. Wish it was liquid white like the orange skin tho. But solid white still sick. Funny how ppl r so sad online coz they can't get lol.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doubledhades

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon Fury View Post
    There is nothing I can do to improve my odds for the "I Got This" achievement and others like it.
    Yes there is, if you play guardian you'll have a far better chance of getting it than if you didnt
    "A child of five would be able to understand this... Somebody fetch a child of five!" - Groucho Marx

MSgt. Shooter Person

Difficulty aside, it's pretty ridiculous for Epic to make an achievement that promotes the leader to play the opposite of how they're supposed to and more often than not lose their team the round. This achievement should be reserved for players who AREN'T leader, where playing ultra aggressively makes sense from a strategic perspective.

Somebody said it earlier, but logically the best way to get this would be to play Quick Match against a team of mostly bots. As long as their leader is kept alive it shouldn't be difficult to rack up the required amount of kills on a bunch of bots.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ODT JeromeFehr

I like working towards something good, Ivory is an amazing skin and isn't easy to get some I'm happy
    Hello everyone check my channel if you get time you might like some of the videos on there.

Gamertag : ODT JeromeFehr
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ODTJeromeFehr

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Espada Muerta

Stupid most annoying crap ever!!!! Every leader goes running out into battle to get killed because of this! Rounds only last seconds because our leader thinks he is going to kill the other team FML I have lost to many games cause of stupid people trying to get this. They need to let us do this in private.
    GEARS OF WAR JUDGEMENT
    Jungle Tai(Cell Shaded)/Female Onyx Guard(Mummy)
    Gnasher(Big Game)/Lancer(XBOX)

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Paragon Fury

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeFehr View Post
    I like working towards something good, Ivory is an amazing skin and isn't easy to get some I'm happy
    I don't mind work.

I mind work when 95% of the work is luck.
    I can only please one person per day.

Today isn't your day.

Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Espada Muerta

Dude we all know you blow smoke up EPIc's arse every chance you get and normally that's fine, but this achievements is genuinely bull**** so it just makes you look like your loyalty is turning off your brain. i played 5 games of guardian earlier and was the leader a grand total of once. Regardless of how you play getting the chance to actually take a shot at this is as rare as finding Rocking-Horse ****. In that perticular match i got 3 kills before we had smoked the CoG team who then left and we got a bot-fest.
    Lol so true! I get sick of reading his butt kissing post.
    GEARS OF WAR JUDGEMENT
    Jungle Tai(Cell Shaded)/Female Onyx Guard(Mummy)
    Gnasher(Big Game)/Lancer(XBOX)

MSgt. Shooter Person

This achievement kills the idea of how Guardian is suppose to be played.
    Where are Marcus's Gears 1+2 death screams.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SewnMouthSecret

Just give it a little time for people to get the feel for Guardian again and the rounds will start to last a little longer like they did in Gears 2. The main issue right now is that the leaders tend to run out and get themselves killed to quickly. As yesterday wore on, the matches started to take more time and the achievement ended up being a piece of cake. Also, its not like you can't get on your mic and find some players that are willing to work together with you on it. That's what we did and all five of us got it in a matter of a few games. Doesn't matter what the other team does if your team mates work with you its a piece of cake.

Banned

well at least one of my friends was lucky enough to get it. for 3 minutes, we had nothing but bots on the other team and no teammate to kill the leader on ours, so he was able to get the 10 he needed. Unfortunately, all 5 spots on the other team filled up before the rest of us had a chance. It was Raven Down, so it as was the perfect map.

Probably never going to get it any other way online. Not when it requires you to play the gametype incorrectly. It's not a matter of dying, it's a matter of the other leader dying to quickly or simply never becoming leader thanks to whatever system epic is currently using to determine one.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SewnMouthSecret View Post
    Just give it a little time for people to get the feel for Guardian again and the rounds will start to last a little longer like they did in Gears 2. The main issue right now is that the leaders tend to run out and get themselves killed to quickly. As yesterday wore on, the matches started to take more time and the achievement ended up being a piece of cake. Also, its not like you can't get on your mic and find some players that are willing to work together with you on it. That's what we did and all five of us got it in a matter of a few games. Doesn't matter what the other team does if your team mates work with you its a piece of cake.
    They run out trying to get the ach, thats 1 of the problems.

MSgt. Shooter Person

They run out trying to get the ach, thats 1 of the problems.
    Yeah, they feel encouraged to go rambo and kill everyone wich in 100% of the cases ends up in the leader being butt raped by the other team, this unlock-cheevo is retarded as well as the one who came up with the requirements for it. This is not the guardian from gears 2 where the leader can camp and get kills with nades, nades are retarded also so random that u dont even know when its gonna kill someone or just "hurt". The maps are so open that its not possible to camp and be safe anymore, wich is good in some cases but ruins the guardian playstyle from gears 2( to whoever come up saying that hes gears god and they can get 100 kills in 1 match i only have 1 comment: go do ur hw before ur mom yells at u kid, its not possible simply as that) wall of text ftw, whole point is if u get it, u either boosted it or lag swithced it, if not show some proof or is all a lie, the achievement is retarded and that is it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Syrane eH PSN ID: KSyrane

It's not that hard to get the achievement. Get a team of five friends, go into Guardian actually work as a team to get you kills as the leader. Easy as that.

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by XDivineSchism View Post
    This achievement kills the idea of how Guardian is suppose to be played.
    While I like achievements that you can't easily get, I DO agree with this statement. I think it would be better for the achievement to be like "get 100 kills as leader over time" or something. Getting 10 in one round forces you to do things you shouldn't be doing and can ruin the experience for others.

My friends and I played Guardian last night going for the cheevo and it took us all a couple tries but we did all eventually get it. But we basically had the leader use a hammerburst while everyone else used retros, so we'd all down the other team and the leader would clean it up and eventually we'd get it...then of course we ran into a full team that wanted to do the achievement so our last guy got it that way. Which...ya know fine whatever, it's cool when you run into a team like that and everyone is on board but it's still definitely not the way to play the game, which is what makes the achievement stupid.
    WE EAT TONIGHT!
    I preach civility on the forums and do my best to maintain and advance discussions that are as informative as they are polite.

\\*//::HIGH FIVE:: ::CHEST BUMP:: ::ASS SLAP::\\*//

Banned

total agree to the thread startet, pisses me off really.. i dont get the skin then, cause i dont want to play for hours this damned leader thing..

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: puchy911

Quote Originally Posted by DeanOMiite View Post
    While I like achievements that you can't easily get, I DO agree with this statement. I think it would be better for the achievement to be like "get 100 kills as leader over time" or something. Getting 10 in one round forces you to do things you shouldn't be doing and can ruin the experience for others.

My friends and I played Guardian last night going for the cheevo and it took us all a couple tries but we did all eventually get it. But we basically had the leader use a hammerburst while everyone else used retros, so we'd all down the other team and the leader would clean it up and eventually we'd get it...then of course we ran into a full team that wanted to do the achievement so our last guy got it that way. Which...ya know fine whatever, it's cool when you run into a team like that and everyone is on board but it's still definitely not the way to play the game, which is what makes the achievement stupid.
    You make such a good point these types of cheevos ruin the gameplay for some me included. I jump in a guardian match to try it out and both teams are intentionally not killing each other so the leader can get all the kills. It's like rather than just play have fun like the gears of old know it's a grindfest and a time consuming one at that when you considered all the cheevos and ribbons combined. I used to feel somewhat accomplished after getting my first 100 chainsaw kills in gears 1 now these gears 3 cheevos are taking the luster away from me I think it's just to much.
    [EGFC] Zets Little Helper

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Abeastnamedjoe

I gave up on it i rather have my team win than commit sucide to get a weapon skin
    ,,,,,_....I.... .........,,_i\_____
    (_.-|o|_____|-..._____))»»»»»
    » /_/{ ||#||=,,-,,=/
    ```````\__\

Hammerburst Pro!!!
    Thank you IIILYCANIII for the SGE and the com dom

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bazinga A7x

This achievment just blows. I tried doing it legit since Tuesday. Now I tried getting teams together twice, and no matter what I can't get past 5 kills without something mucking it up.

Sorry Epic you dropped it big time on this one. This should have been one of those get 100 kills as leader thing. Yes thats a challenge, and time investment, but at least you know you are making progress and will eventually get there. This achievement is down to pure luck, or pure boost. Worse, I'm up to the point I dont want to play Guardian anymore, and that was one of things that I was really looking forward to in this DLC. This crap just placed a big claoud over the whole thing.

Even worse, when I'm not trying to get this, I have somebdy going rambo that is trying to get it. How Guardian is supposed to be played wa sjust thrown out the window.

Then to not allow this in Private, when Rod said in the last Q&A that there was nothing in place to block the achievement from being earned in Private, is just flat out BS. If it was in Private all this boosting BS and bad play would not be happening.
    Last edited by Bazinga-A7X; 03-30-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    "Embrace what you can't change." -Tai
    Total Onyx medals 56/65, EGFC Member #143 Former member of The Insane Horde group, may it R.I.P.
    SpinelessOyster - Thanks for the code.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Paragon Fury

I've been trying since this DLC came out now, and this is honestly one of the dumbest things I've ever had to try and do.

Couldn't it have been something more reasonable, like execute the leader 3 times in one match, or as the leader revive 3 teammates?
    I can only please one person per day.

Today isn't your day.

Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

I got it my second game. My friend got it the first game.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tysodie

I actually asked myself the other day what drunken idiot came up with achievement, I'm still asking myself the same question, there is just too many factors you have to worry about when trying to achieve this and most of it you have no control over

- You have to be leader (20% chance and you only get to be leader once every match, that's even if you get to be the leader at all)

- you need 10 kills, in 1 round as the leader (defies the whole logic of the gametype, my leader should be trying to stay as far away from the enemy as possible, not run out and try to kill the enemey team twice over to get 1 weapon skin they already own but cannot use)

- the enemy leader cannot die (once again, goes against the rules of the gametype)

this is frustrating, I've already given up on it, every attempt of mine has resulted in either the enemy leader dying in the first 10 seconds or i get ganged with no support from teammates whatsoever because they've all rushed to the opposite side of the map and not protected their leader, I've managed to reach 7 kills as leader but by then there is only 3 enemies left, who have been killed before I get to them. If this isn't made private at all I'm pretty sure many many people are going to be pissed, it's practically a rip off, I own something but can't use it due to rediculous unlock requirements?

Also don't forget those people that don't have gold xbox live, they can't unlock it ever right now, plenty wrong right there
    Last edited by Tysodie; 04-02-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    There's less to talk about these days

if it were to be EASY, would it really be considered a worthy venture to achieve ? yes im a drunkkk idiot.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UsE Paradise

i got it playing by myself. i kept going in and out of quick matches untill i got one that was empty or had another guy as leader trying to do the same thing on the other team xD
    Looks like he..
    ( Ľ_Ľ)
    ( Ľ_Ľ)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    Just got bodied.
    thanks to undead mike 95 for the paintball weapon skin!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    I got it my second game. My friend got it the first game.
    With all due respect that don't matter bro, because many play solo and don't have high skill levels, they just want the skin they paid for.

Iron Guard

I tried getting it by myself the second day and I played a LOT. By the end I was so frustrated that I abandoned Guardian for a while.

So yeah, if you want the skin, just boost, don't ruin other people's game.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IgnorantCheese

Quote Originally Posted by Tysodie View Post
    Also don't forget those people that don't have gold xbox live, they can't unlock it ever right now, plenty wrong right there
    Just going to throw it out there, but there's a lot of achievements that they can't get right now either.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tysodie

Quote Originally Posted by clopin View Post
    Just going to throw it out there, but there's a lot of achievements that they can't get right now either.
    yes, but those achievements don't actually unlock anything, this one does
    There's less to talk about these days

MSgt. Shooter Person

Does anyone want to make a party of five and play guardian?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I got it man and I am not a great player. it requires team work. Find four others who want this too and work together. The whole team sticks together and downs everyone who comes to get you as leader. you get the kill. count them as they go. you will get a ribbon at 5. it was pretty easy. Much easier than I thought.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by LNYC999 View Post
    Does anyone want to make a party of five and play guardian?
    add me nodantheman

MSgt. Shooter Person

Anyone else?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: echoplex PSN ID: ZomBi_dEth Wii Code: 7919 2809 6520 0629

Looking for 4 (or 3, as I suppose I could join in & split-screen) for this.
    Bro is looking for help (I already have it).
    -je_ssi e |||
    Dreamlife, outcries, standby, allies
    Poolside, child-like, downside, goodbyes
    Sympathetic tones don't match a sympathetic lie

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainSlayer

How do you not have control over killing 10 enemies? My best advice would be to get a full team and have your friends down the enemies and let you take the kills, while NOT eliminating the enemy leader.

That's how I've helped my buds.

Veteran

I just got it...how you may ask? I got help from randoms, was kind of them, it was on raven down, looks Epic!!! Lol!!!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Bizkit

Personally, I like being rewarded for performing amazing feats..

Everyone will get it eventually. DLC has barely been out a week and everyone is already frusterated over it. Give it some time, your time will come. It's not that hard, but it's not all that simple and if it was, well the skin just wouldnt be as satisfying as when you earn it.

Good luck to everyone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast