Gameplay
    View: Third Person
    Place: Waverly Hills
    Inspiration: Silent Hill

Team
    Manager: Me
    Artists: Alan Perez, Kelly Williams, Jonathan Callaghan,
    3D Artists: Diogo Cantarini , Tobi Jessop, Bhushan Patil
    Sound Artists/Music Composers: Richard Deighton, Adrian Tudor, Rytis Liaučys
    Texture Artists: Bhushan Patil
    Level Designers: Ethan Jones
    Animators: Tobi Jessop
    Writers: Me, Kyle Macdonald, Matthew Green

Recruiting
    We work on a royalties system meaning you get a percentage of the money from the game once sold, we do not work by a fixed amount. You will get a percentage based on how well and frequently you work.

Needed Positions
    We need every position, I believe you can never get too many employees
    But these are the vitals:
    Unreal Scripter
    Modellers
    Level Designers
    Professional Web Designers (may get paid fixed amount)

Contact
    Website
    Room 502 IndieDB
    Mad House Interactive IndieDB
    Youtube
    Email: madhouseinteractive@gmail.com

About
    Room 502, is set in Waverly Hills Sanatorium. You play as the character Hudson Black to solve the dangerous and deadly mysteries behind the infamous Room 502 and the whole of Waverly Hills. Lots of darkness hide behind those walls, and it's your job to uncover it. Hudson Black is a ghost hunter, who wants revenge on his family after his wife and child died in what the police called an "average house fire" but Hudson was not convinced, he knew about the darkness in this world, and he wouldn't give up without facing it. This game is filled with action, gore and a nail biting, horrific storyline.

Releases
    We are hoping to finish the first chapter of the game by Halloween at the least, that may be a while away but we want everything perfect and we think Halloween is one of the most appropriate times of the year. Then we want to release an early beta of the tutorial level (which takes place just outside Waverly hills) and just the inside of Waverly hills, just to get the players, the silent and creepy atmosphere of the game.

We are hoping for a late 2013 release, and a franchise set.

Art

Models

Last edited by SparkyzRox; 04-04-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Skaarj

Pm me more about this. I can do enviroment and props...no character

MSgt. Shooter Person

Pm me, I'm a level designer. I can't make props, but ill show you some of my work.

Altalic77

The synopsis is exactly the same as Silent Hill. You cannot draw inspiration, if you're taking it verbatim.

We haven't copied anything from silent hill, are games are not similar at all.

Reading it over, the quick preview I gave you guys may come off as looking like silent hill, but I can guarantee you that they will be competley different

Iron Guard

at least you re-read it and saw what he was talking about.. Might be worth it to rewrite that preview to better get across what your game is about as not to mislead people that it's a one-off of silent hill..
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -
    AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
    UDK Developer & Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code) for PC, Console and Mobile
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Yes, i didn't realise how much they may seem alike. But the similarities may be that we are basing off a place called Waverly Hills, well thats a real place and we thought of that before we though of silent hill as inspiration and the fact that Waverly is a real place. Another one is the nurse, well that nurse is a real dead nurse who committed suicide back in the day, she will be a major component. I do admit, when i told my concept artist to make up that nurse i did tell him to use it as inspiration, but in silent hill there is lots of those nurses and in this one there is only one. The other designer of this game, who thought of the base of this hadn't actually played silent hill. But to avoid confusion i will try to re write it

MSgt. Shooter Person

yeah silent hill is made up junk. We are based on real stuff

MSgt. Shooter Person

Man dedicating his life to ghost hunting following his wifes unexplained death in a house-fire. Isn't that the plot from Supernatural? :P

With that said I love horror games so wish you the best of luck, will keep an eye-out for this one. PS mwesten. One gamer to another- I wouldn't call one of the longest running, critically praised, games series junk. Also if you game features ghosts/anything supernatural than I fail to see how your game is any less 'made up junk'? O_o

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHyena View Post
    Man dedicating his life to ghost hunting following his wifes unexplained death in a house-fire. Isn't that the plot from Supernatural? :P

With that said I love horror games so wish you the best of luck, will keep an eye-out for this one. PS mwesten. One gamer to another- I wouldn't call one of the longest running, critically praised, games series junk. Also if you game features ghosts/anything supernatural than I fail to see how your game is any less 'made up junk'? O_o
    Chill man, i was talking about locations. Of course ghosts and mosnters are made up. Locations tho is another story

Altalic77

Room 502, is set in Waverly Hills Sanatorium. You play as the character Hudson Black to solve the dangerous and deadly mysteries behind the infamous Room 502 and the whole of Waverly Hills. Lots of darkness hide behind those walls, and it's your job to uncover it. Hudson Black is a ghost hunter, who wants revenge on his family after his wife and child died in what the police called an "average house fire" but Hudson was not convinced, he knew about the darkness in this world, and he wouldn't give up without facing it. This game is filled with action, gore and a nail biting, horrific storyline.
    Okay, just a bit of friendly advice, when you're writing a synopsis (since this is a synopsis and not a preview) try to maintain a fluid syntactical structure. The appositives are misplaced, the explicit details are unnecessary, and the parallel structure is slightly askew. Also, the synopsis feels very forced, and I feel like I have to play the game to understand or "get" what you have written here; this is never a good sign.

Edited Synopsis: "Room 502," is set in Waverly Hills, Sanatorium. Take the reigns as Hudson Black, a ghost hunter, as you embark on a quest to solve the enigmas that shroud not only room 502, but also Waverly Hills. Darkness hides behind every corner, and it's your job to uncover it. But, tread with caution, for this gory, action-packed thriller isn't to be taken lightly... Are you ready to uncover the potentially horrific truth of Waverly Hills?

By the way, watch your pronoun and adverb use. You'll noticed I removed quite a bit; most of which were unnecessary details.

Finally, keep in mind, that if you're going for mystery (for the love of god) do not use any words whose connotation implies anything. It's really annoying and lackluster when you already know the mystery is horrible, or the good ending that was meant to "surprise" was implied throughout. Use words that imply a neutral connotation, this way, it leaves the player (or reader) with room for speculation, which, for a enigmatic game, means almost everything. Examples of this would be where I said "potentially horrific," this lets the reader know that it may not be horrifying. Also, notice how I quickly switch from Hudson Black to the player (gives the player a sense of control), and how I never explicitly say he'll actually solve the mysteries. I say he embarks on the quest, not that he solves it which the second sentence in the original synopsis implied; therefore, he not only solves it, but the ending was "horrifying," how did I know this? Simply by the connotation.

From one writer to the next, always proof-read your writing. When you think you're done, proof-read again. If you're unsure about something, don't hesitate to ask the those on the internet; never be complacent.

Happy writing!
    Last edited by Altalic77; 04-04-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Nah mwestrn likes silent hill as do i, he was just explaining that it's made up,and we are basing off real places

Updates, happening!

Check out indiedb