Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Default Public Icons Team Symbol Pack v0.6 Beta [Updated: 31-Mar-2012]

Public Icons Team Symbol Pack for Unreal Tournament 2004
    Version/Release Date: 0.6 Beta – March 31, 2012 (GMT+8, 05:13 PM)

DESCRIPTION
    This pack contains 30 team symbols (for beta version 0.5) with additional 12 team symbols in this version 0.6 based on the popular logos from fictional factions, companies, social networking sites and primary objects. I think I could do some more. The custom team symbols may be compatible for servers, I suggest that I don't modify the other three TeamSymbols of the .UTX/.INT files, where the default UT2003/UT2004 team symbols are stored, because UTComp/Anti TCC servers scan for changes to those three .UTX/.INT files.

The custom symbols are not created by me. I converted them into white marks and adding the Alpha rendering using DXTBmp and GIMP 2.6.11. The textures are DXT5 format, converted from the TGA (RGBA8) file format using UnrealEd 3.0.

COMMENTS
    No comments in this pack, but this requires retail patch of UT2004 3369 only. But if you have any issues with this pack, just post it here or PM me at the forums so I can fix them. Hope you enjoy it!

SCREENSHOT
    Preview, the link is private: http://forums.epicgames.com/attachme...2&d=1332811974
    Symbols in version 0.5 beta (initial): http://forums.epicgames.com/attachme...1&d=1344139870
    New symbols in version 0.6 beta: http://forums.epicgames.com/attachme...0&d=1344139708

CREDITS
    • _Sharky_ for his UT2004 Custom Team Symbol tutorial.
    • GIMP 2.6.11 for the better 'open source' image editing software.
    • DXTBmp for useful graphic editor/renderer for DXT/TGA/BMP.
    • The original designers for making one of these symbols, which I don't remembered the sources I googled the corresponding symbol(s) each.

HOMEPAGE
    http://privatetux.tuxandroid93.net/

DOWNLOAD
    Public Icons Team Symbol Pack v0.6 Beta from My Homepage

Type/Size: ZIP - 722 KB — MD5: cb9fafebb94056b4ae7fbe1ec7a9d09b

OLD VERSIONS
    0.5 Beta - Initial release. (No longer available.)

You MAY distribute this mutator through any electronic network, provided you include this ReadMe file and leave the archive intact; just please try to contact me first.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Private Tux; 02-17-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Redeemer

Interesting, though I don't think I'd want to have company symbols in my game... For I am spammed with comercials every day already lol.

But I like the predacon symbol from Transformers I see there. Perhaps you could make more that go in this direction?
    Béla Andràs Benedek Voicepack
    Anthony Cole Voicepack (both are Characters from the real-time strategy game "Paraworld") New mirrors thanks to Tux Android!

Extended Robot Voice

MSgt. Shooter Person

I can imagine this expanded to Trek factions, along with Trek models and lots of Trek voicepacks, and ultimately a Trek weapons mutator... classic NCC-1701D crew vs. The Borg stand-offs.
    ClassicOuch needs more old female and gib sounds.

Redeemer

Default Updated to Version 0.6 Beta

Version 0.6 Beta of this pack is out now. Includes 12 extra symbols (in the ZIP archive with pics), and I've included the older version of this pack in the first post. Take note that the .UTX and .INT files inside the ZIP archive cannot be renamed, so if you want to install the newer version, just replace the older files with the newer ones. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by arbee View Post
    I can imagine this expanded to Trek factions, along with Trek models and lots of Trek voicepacks, and ultimately a Trek weapons mutator... classic NCC-1701D crew vs. The Borg stand-offs.
    I'm not so sure about Star Trek stuffs for UT2004 (there might be some fewer maps and voice packs through the internet somewhere). I'm no good at skinning/modelling, also custom weapon design and vehicles. But I'm gonna find some old and new the Star Trek related symbols to reach out for the next version (tried to build the new transparency structure in the background right now).

Redeemer

No updates further just now but changing the DL link to GameFront at the OP, having problems with my Dropbox account yet.

Redeemer

Hehe, I especially like the troll symbol! Nice!
    Anthony Cole Voicepack (both are Characters from the real-time strategy game "Paraworld") New mirrors thanks to Tux Android!

Extended Robot Voice

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post
    Hehe, I especially like the troll symbol! Nice!
    Why thank you!

Redeemer

Bump! Fixed download link. New version will be coming out soon.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You're not quite the pinnacle of netiquette.

Just so you know, it is quite rude to bump all your old beta release topics to "close" them while making new topics in the full releases section. You should have gotten Flak to move your topics instead.

Because of that, actual new content that need testing and feedback get buried by deprecated "closed" stuff.

The community is dying. We don't need a show of poor form to finish it off.

Redeemer

Jesus, don't cry about it. If you post regular updates in your thread/s it will always be at the top.

Extended Robot Voice

Redeemer

I'm not bumping any threads made by other users that is for the last two years above last posts. The only thing is the dead links from the OP + subscribing new threads. BTW, I'm created a list of UT2004 Full Releases thread list from EGF through my site, this would be expressed enough.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by leilei2 View Post
    You should have gotten Flak to move your topics instead.
    Well, at least one of my VPs are whether beta/final in which one of them are complete and others don't well and need to find more sound clips. I would be developing new VPs that are all not beta anymore.
    Last edited by Private Tux; 02-17-2013 at 12:39 PM.