Default problems with semitransparent png

Hi

I have a semitransparent png which I use for a character's diffuse channel, but when I import it to UDK it doesn't look quite right, the funny thing is that if I double click to change its properties I can see it right:

this is the image in the content browser, it looks awful, the texture looks the same inside the material

this is the properties window for the same texture:

in the content browser the texture looks like an image with semi-transparency and no premultiply, what I want is a texture with no skin color, so I can change it with a variable, I've tried to import it with different settings but I haven't been able to do it

anyone knows how I can fix it?

thank you

MSgt. Shooter Person

what is your material set to? Should be transloucent for semi-transparent textures.

Ok, I just realized it is the texture with no alpha channel,

how can I use this channel in the material? I don't see where can I connect the texture alpha channel

thank you

I don't need it to be translucent, I need it to be opaque

I just want to affect the diffuse channel so I can fill the transparency with another color

thanks for the reply

MSgt. Shooter Person

just multiply the alpha out of your texture with the desired color/effects, and then add it again to your diffuse, if you only want to replace that part of the diffuse.

it worked!!

thank you very much, I already change the skin color