• Yes

40 52.63%
  • No

36 47.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ink Stun

Iron Guard

Default Ink Stun

Seriously guys do u really think we need this in the game? It drives me insane especially when ur nowhere near the grenade and u still go into the stun mode! It was fine in gears 2 but it's horrendous in gears 3!! What do u guys think??

Banned

Well we kind of need this in the game or the Ink would be useless in Multiplayer and will only be used for Horde and Campaign.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TragicFigure7

Problem is the AOE is too small not to have the stun. If it was more like the Gears 2 ink, then I would say take the stun off.
    Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
    Born 2 Saw
    GT: TragicFigure7

Iron Guard
    Why does everyone post stupid stuff here?
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GHN GostDragn77

It doesnt matter anyway. With the new update and possibly before that there is NO ink stun. At least when its planted.
    GT: GHN GostDragn77 LV 28 War Hero 43/60 COG: DIZEEHHHHH
    LOCUST: Savage Maruader
    It takes a real man to play with a "handicap". PROUD Retro and Sawed-off user. Got hate? Bring it to the battlefield.
    Hype, UV, Tiger, Rainbow, Pink, Any other skins that make me stand out? Cause i use them.

MSgt. Shooter Person

the Ink grenades have slowly become the most annoying thing in GoW3 for me. the stun radius is just ridiculous......why should i be stunned and somebody be able to lancer me down when their ink landed 10 feet away from me? dumb

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
    Well we kind of need this in the game or the Ink would be useless in Multiplayer and will only be used for Horde and Campaign.
    don't think so it will always best useful in the mp just feel the stun is a joke it's basically a free kill with this grenade but with the other 2 u can avoid them the ink leaves u like a sitting duck

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by kyoto771 View Post
    the Ink grenades have slowly become the most annoying thing in GoW3 for me. the stun radius is just ridiculous......why should i be stunned and somebody be able to lancer me down when their ink landed 10 feet away from me? dumb
    please vote yes then lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion Rises View Post
    don't think so it will always best useful in the mp just feel the stun is a joke it's basically a free kill with this grenade but with the other 2 u can avoid them the ink leaves u like a sitting duck
    Yeah but the Ink damage is like a Snub Pistol bullet. If it gets more damage, MORE than a Incendiary Grenade, then I am all for it.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bud JM

I don't think it should be removed, but it does need to be tweaked.

The stun radius needs a serious reduction. I've been stunned by Inks before that were not even close and received undeserved deaths because of it.

The stun duration needs a reduction as well for the same reason as above.

I almost never use the Ink with the intention of killing somebody with it. I usually use the Ink with the intention of stunning somebody and then gunning them down. I'd say that's a problem.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: vick818

How often are you guys killed by ink's compared to incendi/frags? I mean **** outside of stunning it's the hardest type of nade to get a kill with.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SaintsXD

Quote Originally Posted by ItsBud View Post
    I don't think it should be removed, but it does need to be tweaked.

The stun radius needs a serious reduction. I've been stunned by Inks before that were not even close and received undeserved deaths because of it.

The stun duration needs a reduction as well for the same reason as above.

I almost never use the Ink with the intention of killing somebody with it. I usually use the Ink with the intention of stunning somebody and then gunning them down. I'd say that's a problem.
    ^This, but if an ink is annoying you that bad, learn to time a good roll, it'll allow you to completely avoid the stun.

Iron Guard
    Depends where the locust are; waiting for them with my Hammy.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DtA_Spyd3rguy

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsXD View Post
    ^This, but if an ink is annoying you that bad, learn to time a good roll, it'll allow you to completely avoid the stun.
    A roll will help if you have enough time to complete the animation, or else your roll won't count even if you're far enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by RΛVMzilla View Post
    There isn't even a Boltok in Judgment?

WHATTHE****EVENISTHISGAMESUPPOSEDTOBE

Redeemer
    hiding in the slab :D with a sawed-off waiting For You to find me XD

* throws ink behind me * me : haha you missed me bro * gets stunned 4 feet away from the ink and get killed * me :

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SaintsXD

Quote Originally Posted by DtA_Spyd3rguy View Post
    A roll will help if you have enough time to complete the animation, or else your roll won't count even if you're far enough.
    If you're mid roll as the Ink goes off, it won't affect you.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: i7VFz MariiN

Actually i like the way it is, so every Grenade have their own effect.
    IM The Supervisor!
    \\100//
    (Being Legit Lv100 Since 17/12/09)

Attitude.Accurate.Impresive.Clutch.Electronic.Blue.Strategist - LifeStyle Words.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wiffyjustus

Maybe the radius is a touch too big, but it shouldn't be removed. It would render Inks useless.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTZAx

I love it. If you can get a stun it's very effective. It's not like a stun is an instant kill, like with a frag, it just sets one up. I've seen it backfire as many times as I've seen it work. Skilled players can time their evades. Skilled ink users can use them to major effect.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Agent Bourbon

If there was no stun it would be the most useless grenade ever invented. You throw it, it lands, does nothing, yet people can continue to walk through it undaunted.
    Ywaq puul skshgn: on'ma yeh'glu zuq. Gul'kafh an'shel. Yoq'al shn ky ywaq nuul. Sk'uuyat guulphg hoq. Sk'magg yawifk hoq. Sk'shgn eqnizz hoq.
    They drink your fear: it is the blood of life. Gaze into the void. It is the perpetuity in which they dwell. Your agony sustains me. Your suffering strengthens me. Your fear drives me.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SK Housin

Quote Originally Posted by Lambent Venom View Post
    Problem is the AOE is too small not to have the stun. If it was more like the Gears 2 ink, then I would say take the stun off.
    This is how I feel. The Ink in Gears 2 was very effective if someone knew how to use it. Well so was the lancer but they still buffed it. Maybe Epic should make a fire grenade that kills you when it is 5 feet away, oh wait.....
    AWESOME VIDEOS
    LOADOUT: Gnasher/Smoke Grenade

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XRed RingoX

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Zombie View Post
    If there was no stun it would be the most useless grenade ever invented. You throw it, it lands, does nothing, yet people can continue to walk through it undaunted.
    most accurate thing said in this thread the ink wont be useful anymore if the stun is removed.

Iron Guard

I like the stun, it really makes it deadly.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I JUST ENDED U

So what youĺre saying is you don't like it but you didn't propose any way of fixing it...Interesting

Make it so if it hits you than you die. Can't be like Gears 2 because were not slow as CMS anymore.
    I CAN PRESS BUTTONS

Montage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nVLpeS78cI

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Triple X Swag

Ok. I think they should change the stun radius but stun you in mid roll and when i hit someone dead in the chest. I know i did because when he somehow rolled away. The ink was chillin in mid air. It should kill you if its going to kill me

The ink stun should stay, but it shouldn't stun people who aren't anywhere near the actual ink radius.

If anything, it should only stun on direct contact.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsXD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DtA_Spyd3rguy View Post
    What Spyder said.

Quote Originally Posted by xTZAx View Post
    I love it. If you can get a stun it's very effective. It's not like a stun is an instant kill, like with a frag, it just sets one up. I've seen it backfire as many times as I've seen it work. Skilled players can time their evades. Skilled ink users can use them to major effect.
    I am a skilled player and it has nothing to do with it. It doesn't matter how skilled you are when you notice an Ink is incoming and you start to roll away, but you're somehow not far enough away at the time and the next thing you know your standing there like a Decoy Dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by wanes16years View Post
    * throws ink behind me * me : haha you missed me bro * gets stunned 4 feet away from the ink and get killed * me :
    Haha. That's pretty much the situation. I've been there many times. It doesn't make sense that the Ink is not even the least bit close to hurt me AT ALL, but I still get stunned? What happened? Why does every weapon have to be designed to provide easy kills?

If you don't like what I say next, sorry, but it's the honest truth. Look at Halo for example and lets talk about Plasma Grenades. You either get good at sticking people with the grenades or you don't and you rarely get kills with them. If you miss, then you miss plain and simple. You don't get a handicap that helps you, which is what the Ink grenade has.

Why get rewarded for what was clearly a bad throw?

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's a cheese weapon

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Acidviolet

the stun maybe a little irritating but the ink grande would be useless, id keep it in tbh, it helps in large areas
    Please watch this video and tell me what you think:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPSj2qQCjSY

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cobryza PSN ID: Iceman_Cobra

Yeah they should remove it, it's extremely annoying. I think the inks should be given increased radius to compensate for no stun.
    Backup your rank, medals, ribbons etc.
    Prevent resets without making a backup
    GoW:J level: Re Up 4
    G3 level: \\★// Seriously 3.0 unlocked on 18/12/12 at 12:06 PM

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll ALEX76 ll

Quote Originally Posted by PastaTunaButter View Post
    Yeah they should remove it, it's extremely annoying. I think the inks should be given increased radius to compensate for no stun.
    What he said.
    Gears 2 Ink > Gears 3 Ink
    Getting old

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I AM A SHOVEL

Sometimes you get killed by the ink.
    Sometimes you get a Kill with the ink.
    Unfortunately that's just how it is.
    FOR SKORGE!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Reedeamer

The only people who vote no for removing the ink stun are horrible players looking for a cheap kill. It was a little weak in GOW 2 but It was still damn effective, especially in King of the Hill and Annex or even guardian. I think it just needed bigger spread and more power, the stun is jst bs

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think that the stun is necessary... without it the ink grenades became totally useless.

The problem with the stun of the ink is the total paralysis... it would be like a smoke grenade stun, can't attack but al least can move.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Elite jbZzz

Get rid of the ink completly

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cobryza PSN ID: Iceman_Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by ll ALEX76 ll View Post
    What he said.
    Gears 2 Ink > Gears 3 Ink
    However... I do like how the Gears 3 inks detonate on impact, I think that's way better than a timed detonation.
    Backup your rank, medals, ribbons etc.
    Prevent resets without making a backup
    GoW:J level: Re Up 4
    G3 level: \\★// Seriously 3.0 unlocked on 18/12/12 at 12:06 PM

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

Stun radius needs greatly reducing.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

MSgt. Shooter Person

My suggestion would be that they decrease the stun time the farther away from it you are.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TooDumTooLive View Post
    My suggestion would be that they decrease the stun time the farther away from it you are.
    That's an interesting alternative to reducing the stun radius.

Iron Guard

The stun radius is just horrible so many times i have went into the stun motion when the ink is nowhere near me! Obviously I'm a sitting duck when this happens so they really need to fix this stupid stun motion or remove it! I would prefer they removed it unlike gears 2 it explodes on impact and I think thats enough for it rather than this stupid stun

Redeemer
    DJ'ing a wedding after defeating some evil guys.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RainbowDash951

Give it a huge damage buff and make the blast radius bigger. Then it'd be okay to remove the stun.
    Support the Onyx Silverback! Best skin ever!
    Post your Seriously 3.0 progress here!
    Supreme Allfather Level 68S 3.0 54/65COG: Mechanic Baird / Locust: Savage Drone
    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    I tried sliding into cover once. Turns out 'sliding' isn't a real-world mechanic. I've only just found my right foot again.

Redeemer

The stun is the only thing that makes the ink useful. It used to be a big fog and good for traps, but they nerfed it a lot. Now it's worthless without the stun
    Games come and go... but Gears of War is forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast