Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 64
  1. #1
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    112
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Triple X Swag

    Default Dear epic. Please do something about the spawn trapping.

    Epic. Please do something about the spawn trapping. Its total garbage for me to have to sit there and be killed by power weapons because i cant leave a ranked match. Seriously. Its making me look bad because im getting hammered down from cross Grenades. Etc. especially bullet marsh. I hate being spawn trapped and really ruining gears for me. Atleast you should have put more spawn time. Give us a freaking chance. B.s.

  2. #2
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    204
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Lumomancy

    Default

    How are you getting spawn trapped in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire MLG View Post
    lol GoW3 wasn't picked up for eSports so what makes you think that the more casual version will?
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx bomber View Post
    BTTE players are scared of wingman because they have to move.

  3. #3
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    115
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Jeroniwhoa

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple X Swag View Post
    Epic. Please do something about the spawn trapping. Its total garbage for me to have to sit there and be killed by power weapons because i cant leave a ranked match. Seriously. Its making me look bad because im getting hammered down from cross Grenades. Etc. especially bullet marsh. I hate being spawn trapped and really ruining gears for me. Atleast you should have put more spawn time. Give us a freaking chance. B.s.
    You're getting spawn trapped because you and your teammates are not good enough on your initial push of the match. Don't blame Epic. Blame yourself and your teammates.

  4. #4
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    hiding in the slab :D with a sawed-off waiting For You to find me XD
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    best solution is :
    1. press start
    2. press up on the d-pad
    3. press A
    4. ^^^^^ this again

    that's it hope this helped. :/

  5. #5
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hayward, California
    Posts
    658
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A sad sad panda

    Default

    I'm kind of confused. Are you mad because you can't quit out of a "Ranked" game without losing -2000 exp? Or are you upset because you couldn't offensively use your respawn protection?

    This thread made me wonder what if they made TDM spawns like KotH. Something tells me it'd be a Sawed-off sh*tstorm. Spawn - SoS kill - Die - Spawn - SoS kill - Die. lol.
    GT: A sad sad panda.

    I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

  6. #6
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    204
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Lumomancy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absconderx View Post
    You're getting spawn trapped because you and your teammates are not good enough on your initial push of the match. Don't blame Epic. Blame yourself and your teammates.
    I was kinda' hoping he was going to say this himself and realise what he was doing was an incorrect way of doing things, but thank you nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire MLG View Post
    lol GoW3 wasn't picked up for eSports so what makes you think that the more casual version will?
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx bomber View Post
    BTTE players are scared of wingman because they have to move.

  7. #7
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    112
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Triple X Swag

    Default

    Not just ranked guys. In general. I mean. Ok we do get that first set. We have boom. Nobodys in a party togethor so no one knows whats happend. He takes out two sets of two now everyone goes in again and more power weapons have spawned and theve grabbed them. We push. And skreww ourselves. We can quit but when were rollin stacked. We play ranked and nobody wants to loose the xp. And the big boys here that are sayin this because there trapping. It doesnt make you good Ive called out 1v1s on you all day long. Youll except it and hit me with boom right when you wallbounce and. And. Why would i be blaming epic for the gameplay. All im saying is give them two or three seconds extra for atleast a fighting chance

  8. #8
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hayward, California
    Posts
    658
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A sad sad panda

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple X Swag View Post
    Not just ranked guys. In general. I mean. Ok we do get that first set. We have boom. Nobodys in a party togethor so no one knows whats happend. He takes out two sets of two now everyone goes in again and more power weapons have spawned and theve grabbed them. We push. And skreww ourselves. We can quit but when were rollin stacked. We play ranked and nobody wants to loose the xp. And the big boys here that are sayin this because there trapping. It doesnt make you good Ive called out 1v1s on you all day long. Youll except it and hit me with boom right when you wallbounce and. And. Why would i be blaming epic for the gameplay. All im saying is give them two or three seconds extra for atleast a fighting chance
    1. You can't win 'em all.

    2. Use more teamwork. If you aren't using a mic, then this deserves to happen.

    3. 1v1 doesn't really prove much. It's like that awkward moment in a pissing contest - when you realize you're out of piss, standing there with your d*ck in your hand.
    GT: A sad sad panda.

    I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Raxacoricofallapatorius
    Posts
    5,007
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

    Default

    1v1's show your individual skill. Good for you if you can beat folk 1v1.

    however, your individual skill will mean next to nothing against an organised team, who know what they're doing, and are aiming to spawn trap you.

    Simply, you got outplayed. Communicate more, learn map strategies, get a team who know what they're doing. It'll happen to you less.
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

    So was I

  10. #10
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    112
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Triple X Swag

    Default

    Im just saying. Give everybody a fighting chance in this situation and i allways have a mic. And unless are party is full. Were chillin in game chat hoping this kid has a mic. A kinect is better then nothing but if im alone and im trying to point put people with a boomshot the i cant get alone cause its a boom shot and the other kids have muted me or are in party chat. Its wasting lives cause there rolling in a pairs and dont know whats there and now. We have once agian. Been spawn trapped due to stupic mistakes

  11. #11
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    112
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Triple X Swag

    Default

    You cant say you have never been spawn trapped but im home schooled so im on more at night because i can sleep all day so itll be me and another guy whos off from his job the next day or theve quit school or whatever. If were trying to comunicate but cant. Its beating us down. Im not like crying because ive been spawn trapped. I mad cause there isnt a fighting chance for the ones trying. All im saying is 2 seconds more for spawn protection could go a long way

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Raxacoricofallapatorius
    Posts
    5,007
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple X Swag View Post
    You cant say you have never been spawn trapped but im home schooled so im on more at night because i can sleep all day so itll be me and another guy whos off from his job the next day or theve quit school or whatever. If were trying to comunicate but cant. Its beating us down. Im not like crying because ive been spawn trapped. I mad cause there isnt a fighting chance for the ones trying. All im saying is 2 seconds more for spawn protection could go a long way
    Of course I've been spawn trapped, It's a pain in the ass. However, spawn protection is more than adequate to try and break it. Anything more than what you're given would give you an unfair advantage (I.e., you're immune to all damage, your opponent isn't). Unfortunately, spawn trapping is a mechanic in this game now. Shame we can't go back to Gears 2's spawning system of swapping every 15 seconds </3
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

    So was I

  13. #13
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hayward, California
    Posts
    658
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A sad sad panda

    Default

    I'd give you an extra 2 seconds of spawn protection, in exchange for dropping spawn protection the second you deal damage to another player.

    So many times do I get rushed, by people who think that since they have spawn protection they should have a shotgun battle with me. Needles to say, it's always funny sending them back to the respawn, after sending them back to the respawn, due to their own greediness in trying to cheat me over by fighting me with invincibility.
    GT: A sad sad panda.

    I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

  14. #14
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    112
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Triple X Swag

    Default

    Thats the problem. I dont go after them. I try and find a way to get to the other side so we can switch and i cant do that if im crossfired by modded hammerburst. Or stopped by the lancer. Cut down by the retro Or even smacked by a wallbouncing sawedoff. Let them have a chance at grenades or something. I dont care if im rifled down in the end if i had a fighting chance. But it gives us just enough time to run out the front door but not the gate. If im beat while having a chance. My fault but if i cant get the chance then whats the point

  15. #15

    Default

    You already have the ability to do laps around the map while spawn protection is active, so you should be alright.

  16. #16
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    112
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Triple X Swag

    Default

    Yea. If im the flash. Clocktower. Just enough tim to run around the corner and get smacked by boom. Bullet marsh. No tim to get anywhere at all. Rustlung if its a smoke grenade You get the point and i would be fine with it going away the moment we shoot. Ide be okay with that

  17. #17
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hayward, California
    Posts
    658
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A sad sad panda

    Default

    Let's agree to disagree.

    This game sucks. We'll still play it until it's a ghost-town, but we won't enjoy it.
    GT: A sad sad panda.

    I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

  18. #18
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,993
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Wave 0 Of Horde

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absconderx View Post
    You're getting spawn trapped because you and your teammates are not good enough on your initial push of the match. Don't blame Epic. Blame yourself and your teammates.
    The maps allow for it to be done too easily.
    So yes it IS Epics fault.
    As it don't happen on all maps.
    Just terribly designed ones
    Changing the spawns at random points of the game would help fix this a little.

  19. #19
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hayward, California
    Posts
    658
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A sad sad panda

    Default

    OP. You don't know what true spawn trapping is.

    I played a game on Checkout today where the entire team camped the Digger/Ink spawn with their rifles. Neither side rushing in nor out, on account of massive handi-capping.

    If it's possible to get spawn trapped while not even at the spawn, I'd say that fits the bill perfectly. Considering we spent the entire match at the electronics, waiting for one another to make a move. Like a Mexican stand-off.
    GT: A sad sad panda.

    I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

  20. #20
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    996
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Phlegethon

    Default

    I feel spawn camping is a worse problem.

    I grant you, too easy to get spawn trapped in maps like Rustlung or Bulletmarsh but half the problem is people camping in those places in the first place.

    Blood Drive is the worst for this. The amount of times a full team has ended up sitting in the spawn camping has happened way too many times for my liking. Frags get rid of them but incendiaries don't. Some of the worst games I've had were on that map because it is so frustrating to see them do it.

    As for the problem, there isn't much they can do. Will they switch the spawns constantly? Well they do it on Escalation, which is probably the worst map to do it on, so they could do it.
    Otherwise try and encourage your team to support you or don't play Ranked solo.

    Ranked is terrible anyway. I lag something horrible on it.
    I'm a contributor for Solidus Gaming, a site dedicated to the latest news and reviews for all types of games and consoles.
    http://s.olid.us
    I also have a blog, which I use to talk about many things, such as my writing projects, my trips to America and of course my gaming experiences.
    www.writingonthecitadel.wordpress.com
    Finally here is a link to my twitter. Follow me! https://twitter.com/Phlegethon92

  21. #21
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    655
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Sjla

    Default

    its because 5 players are too much, just camp powers weapons and win the game
    There is a difference between intelligence and wisdom.

  22. #22
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    EGFC HQ UK Branch!
    Posts
    7,259
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

    Default

    The only time i get spawn trapped is on Quick match TDM when i join a game where a full team of scrubs is bot killing. If its happening to you in ranked then you need a better team!
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

    Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome

  23. #23
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    112
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Triple X Swag

    Default

    I agree but somtime its out of my play if one guy skrews up and they get. Idk. Frags and push and we flush. Kills 1 ir 2 of us and now we have to reposition for the next one and before you know it. Bam. Skrewed. I mean. I will gladly trade the extra two if i shoot cause thats garbage for me to do that anyway

  24. #24
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    166
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The Impatience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Luna View Post
    How are you getting spawn trapped in the first place?
    My thoughts exactly. Lol

    In QM I can see joining a bad game, then just leave. But in Ranked, well, you're gonna have to deal with it (even if it's a fresh start in a QM lobby) bc it's you and your teams fault that you're getting spawn trapped if you're getting smashed that bad.

  25. #25
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    112
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Triple X Swag

    Default

    Atleast try and comprehend What im saying. Ok. Ranked. Party of five on one team. Party of five on the other team. 2 or three of us go boom on old town. 2 go to tourque. 4 of them go boom and one gets nades. We get boom off a good smoke but they throw a frag across and get boom. He comes from behind my teammates rush to help us because were worried about boom that the guy with grenades also comes from behind them cause he waits for them to cross. Chases him cause for some reason he thinks its his partners footsteps and bam. Stuck with a frag on his foot. Doesnt know. Rushes in and hits three. Now they have boom and tourque plus about to get more frags. Now were refuged to smokes and gorgon Thats all one mess up and good play turned to garbage by one player.

  26. #26
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    18
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GelatinousJello

    Default

    Okay, it doesn't seem like any of this is Epic's fault... honestly it sounds like you hate your team more. A.) Work better with your squad B.) Don't lose power weaps. in the first place.
    Now they have boom and torque plus about to get more frags. Now were refuged to smokes and gorgon Thats all one mess up and good play turned to garbage by one player.

  27. #27
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    112
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Triple X Swag

    Default

    Im not blaming epic guys. Im asking they could just givE 2 seconds extra and the two second bonus is lost if you fire your weapon at all. Even for a beginning preactive So people will be encoureged to push away its not like im saying they should make bullets reject off spawn protection. Im saying help say they can run and get a set up somewhere

  28. #28

    Default

    the respawn gametypes for gears are broken in my completely objective opinion. the problem is that all the spawns are based around the execution/warzone gametypes where you only have 1 life/round. in those game types, it's perfectly acceptable to only have 2 spawn points. there is no other FPS i can think of that has a respawn gametype with only 2 spawn points per map... it's retarded. epic could 'fix' this problem by making at least 4-5 different spawn points on each map.

    it doesn't even necessarily apply to getting spawntrapped. i can't count how many times i've been on one end of the map with another teammate, and suddenly the whole team spawns right next to me because the rest of our team is in the other spawn or near it. you can't do anything other then get hammered on by 3-5 people on the other team with 5 seconds of spawn protection. escalation is probably the worst map for this in particular.

    look at games like halo, CoD, counter strike, etc. this problem doesn't exist nearly as bad in any of those games, because they either have several spawn points around the map where you can spawn and at least have a chance to set up, or they use an algorithm to respawn you in a relatively safe location.

  29. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    www.youtube.com/thesuicidefox
    Posts
    5,819
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: thesuicidefox

    Default

    OP, play Warzone/Execution. No such thing as spawn camping.

    Also Wingman, but you still can be hit at spawn sometimes in that.
    -thesuicidefox-

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    55
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: SnubbbS

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Luna View Post
    How are you getting spawn trapped in the first place?
    If you aren't awful you don't get spawn trapped.

    Kid's basically saying. "Hey epic I ****ing suck, help me please"

  31. #31
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    68
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GZA77

    Default

    i've played over 1000 games of tdm and i can count on one hand the number of times i've been spawn trapped. if you're finding this to be a huge problem, it's not the game's fault.

  32. #32
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Wiffyjustus

    Default

    I rarely see spawn trapping but...

    If you are getting spawn trapped just hole up and make 'em come to you. Don't give them anything easy. There's a good chance they'll overcommit and flip the spawns. Don't go quietly into the night.

    At least Grenade Tag 'em as they take you down.

  33. #33
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,158
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Kuronishen

    Default

    If you're getting spawn trapped, you got outplayed. The only unfairly designed map for trapping was Overpass, and maybe Sandbar if the team has an absolute advantage. Every other map can be pushed out of.
    [][] Anthony Carmine///Savage Kantus
    [-.-] Golden Gnasher///Flaming Hammerburst
    ["]["] QM KotH///QM TDM


    Gears 2: \\★// 8/12/10, Seriously 2.0: 4/5/10
    Gears 3: \\★// 8/11/13, Seriously 3.0: 8/1/12

  34. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alicia Valera's memorial.. <3
    Posts
    7,546
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: OverPoweredSoap

    Default

    The only map I have problem with spawn trapping is Drydock. On this map it's just annoying. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by U wot m8 View Post
    No.Go make me a sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxIncisionxXx View Post
    No. But I am ordering dominos. Want some?

  35. #35
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    93
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: SaintsXD

    Default

    Spawn trapping is a legit play style... annoying and not necessary, but legit all the same... and it's been here for years.. well not in gears i guess. But people will hate it and love it depending on which side there on, and at the end of the day, maybe you'll learn something that help you make a better push next time so you're the one spawn trapping, instead of the other way around. :P

  36. #36
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    I'm mobile...
    Posts
    1,659
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TwoBROkedLegs

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple X Swag View Post
    Im just saying. Give everybody a fighting chance in this situation and i allways have a mic. And unless are party is full. Were chillin in game chat hoping this kid has a mic. A kinect is better then nothing but if im alone and im trying to point put people with a boomshot the i cant get alone cause its a boom shot and the other kids have muted me or are in party chat. Its wasting lives cause there rolling in a pairs and dont know whats there and now. We have once agian. Been spawn trapped due to stupic mistakes
    There's nothing wrong with the game, you're just getting beat badly by a team. No offense but this is exactly what should happen when a better team is dominating. We can't give everyone a crutch for when they are losing, we already have enough of that in weapon choices

    Suggestions, play social or find a party of 5. If you don't have 5, play around try to gather a party then go into ranked matches. If you play ranked alone, expect to get crushed every now and again.

    sent from my phone...
    The Boltok is still fun.
    Waiting for a revive.

  37. #37
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    573
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: I JUST ENDED U

    Default

    Spawns will never work in Gears. But they do bring more casual players.
    I CAN PRESS BUTTONS

    Montage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nVLpeS78cI

  38. #38

  39. #39
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    236
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: the1nonlyBIMO

    Default

    I think it should b stripped no spawn protection if ur engaging an enemy it should switch off or just stripped period I get spawn trapped u just got to work with ur teammates to get out of it
    Thanks to Capt23n for my SGE n a big thanks to NFI for MB. God bless I really appreciate it and remember everyone always pay it forward. And if you need help with anything my GT is the1nonlyBIMO

  40. #40
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    112
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Triple X Swag

    Default

    Oh my goodnes. Guys. How many times do i have to put this. IM NOT BLAMING EPIC. I love the game. And thats garbage if you say that one hand. Its not epics fault people get spawn trapped. It is the teams off one mistake and all im saying. Look. Baseball. Shortstop makes an error in the 1st inning and misses an easy roller and the other team scores. It should cost them cost them the run. Not the game. Im not *****ing souly and being spawn trapped. Its just upsetting when theres not a thing you can do about it. We dont want to wait in the spawn for five minutes just to loose be we cant rush out cause we get lancered down. Look. Raven down. Its small so itll be Hard to get spawn trapped cause theres so much cover. There are maps were you can get out if the other team makes a mistake and you slip past them but look at bullet marsh. Theres boomshot and whoever controls boom controls the game. Im not asking to have 15 more seconds. Or nerf a weapon. Im asking for two extra seconds on the spawn increase. 6 seconds which you loose 1 on you first step so five seconds. Thats enough time to get into the open and be close to cover but notake it from cross fire.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •