View Poll Results: Do you support the return of Alpha?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 51.16%
  • No

21 48.84%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Agent Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by Reducey View Post
    Lets fight and I'm black. I win.
    I've done 3 years of martial arts and hapkido. I win.

Zeta and Alpha have fairly low populations for obvious reasons: they remind us of the last 2 games. People don't want to go back to that, no matter how "competitive" it was. In all honesty I didn't see anything competitive about people sliding around with the same gun for minutes on end trying to get a single shot on their target. And I don't really want to play in an area that reminds me just how painfully bad Gears of War 1 and 2 was. People will disagree with me (or troll me, either way I don't think I will receive an intelligent response to this post) but Alpha and Zeta do cater to the crowd that did not want to let go of Gears 1 and 2's multiplayer, despite how bad it was. There are a couple of videos about people who rage quit Gears 3 because of the rifles and sawed off, but that's seriously a major L2P issue. The gnasher is still dominant, but not on a level that makes it the only weapon that anyone should use at any given time. I guess that's why more people play Gears 3's multiplayer than Gears 1 and 2 combined. Powerful rifles makes blind rushing pointless, increases awareness, provides a level of tactics that a lot of people were not going to see, and opens the doors for much more skilled combat.
    Ywaq puul skshgn: on'ma yeh'glu zuq. Gul'kafh an'shel. Yoq'al shn ky ywaq nuul. Sk'uuyat guulphg hoq. Sk'magg yawifk hoq. Sk'shgn eqnizz hoq.
    They drink your fear: it is the blood of life. Gaze into the void. It is the perpetuity in which they dwell. Your agony sustains me. Your suffering strengthens me. Your fear drives me.

Banned

Lots of TL;DR here.

In an ideal world make a toggle stopping power option for private and keep zeta 4v4.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Impatience

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Zombie View Post
    In all honesty I didn't see anything competitive about people sliding around with the same gun for minutes on end trying to get a single shot on their target. And I don't really want to play in an area that reminds me just how painfully bad Gears of War 1 and 2 was. People will disagree with me (or troll me, either way I don't think I will receive an intelligent response to this post) but Alpha and Zeta do cater to the crowd that did not want to let go of Gears 1 and 2's multiplayer, despite how bad it was. There are a couple of videos about people who rage quit Gears 3 because of the rifles and sawed off, but that's seriously a major L2P issue.
    In the first bit of text I bolded, you could also say that's an L2P issue. Can't bounce and hipfire well? L2P

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll V i T Z ll

And I don't really want to play in an area that reminds me just how painfully bad Gears of War 1 and 2 was. People will disagree with me (or troll me, either way I don't think I will receive an intelligent response to this post) but Alpha and Zeta do cater to the crowd that did not want to let go of Gears 1 and 2's multiplayer, despite how bad it was.
    Yeah I do have to disagree, weapon balance was not what made Gears 1 and 2 bad. It was the poor netcode and everything that stemmed from it (lag, host power, damage inconsistencies, shots not registering). Many people still prefer Gears 1 and/or 2 over 3 even with those issues. The reason why Alpha and Zeta have low populations isn't because they remind you of "how painfully bad Gears 1 and 2 were". It's because the majority of the player population in Gears 3 is more casual oriented and prefer to have all the tools for easy kills at their disposal. The purpose of Alpha and Zeta is to distance itself from that and offer 'classic' gameplay based on what was required to succeed in the past games. Not everybody wants that because it means you have to work harder to do well. Most people prefer to sit there and spray retro all day, that's why they don't touch Zeta.

Whether you consider this an intelligent response I don't know, just my input.
    Last edited by v i t z; 03-22-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    ✝R.I.P. Gearheads✝
    twitter
    [<Ľ>]

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AFX Acid

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostofdelta2 View Post
    Stay Frosty>Zeta>Alpha

Gears of War -- 1250/1250G
    Gears of War 2 -- 1750/1750G
    Gears of War 3 -- 1900/2000G
    Gears of War: Judgment -- 1210/1500G

Banned

i think alpha is already back

Veteran

I don't play neither, but Zeta is better than Alpha, numbers are so low for alpha that it isn't even worth the effort. Only problem for zeta fans are that you can't use your weapon skins, pitty.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by v i t z View Post
    Yeah I do have to disagree, weapon balance was not what made Gears 1 and 2 bad. It was the poor netcode and everything that stemmed from it (lag, host power, damage inconsistencies, shots not registering). Many people still prefer Gears 1 and/or 2 over 3 even with those issues. The reason why Alpha and Zeta have low populations isn't because they remind you of "how painfully bad Gears 1 and 2 were". It's because the majority of the player population in Gears 3 is more casual oriented and prefer to have all the tools for easy kills at their disposal. The purpose of Alpha and Zeta is to distance itself from that and offer 'classic' gameplay based on what was required to succeed in the past games. Not everybody wants that because it means you have to work harder to do well. Most people prefer to sit there and spray retro all day, that's why they don't touch Zeta.

Whether you consider this an intelligent response I don't know, just my input.
    These aren't crutches, running around like a maniac using a one gib weapon is what the gnasher elitist want, if you are actually running with a one gib weapon then isn't tha a crutch? Remove the crazy active damage the gnasher has with the sniper range it has and then Epic can remove SP on rifles. The funny thing here is that i went into zeta and alpha and destroyed everyone, getting mvp, but i prefer SP because the rifles won't work without them, you might say they do but your lying, the rifles without stopping power will get you half red and then you will have enough time to regenerate, whats the use in that? This game allows the player to have so much health and people still want more, do you people just want to be JHON RAMBO with your one gib gnasher?

Bottom line, i like my gnasher, i'm on my third onyx with it but i don't want gnahser fight 24/7, it's so boring if it's just, gnasher gnasher gnasher.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Acidviolet

they have both zeta and alpha in the FoN game choice

Quote Originally Posted by Acidviolet View Post
    they have both zeta and alpha in the FoN game choice
    Lol. Goes to show how many people actually play the game. Because if they were, they would've noticed that both are back in full force.
    I'm just your eveyday average GOOBER

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cob i boC

I've done 3 years of martial arts and hapkido. I win.

Zeta and Alpha have fairly low populations for obvious reasons: they remind us of the last 2 games. People don't want to go back to that, no matter how "competitive" it was. In all honesty I didn't see anything competitive about people sliding around with the same gun for minutes on end trying to get a single shot on their target. And I don't really want to play in an area that reminds me just how painfully bad Gears of War 1 and 2 was. People will disagree with me (or troll me, either way I don't think I will receive an intelligent response to this post) but Alpha and Zeta do cater to the crowd that did not want to let go of Gears 1 and 2's multiplayer, despite how bad it was. There are a couple of videos about people who rage quit Gears 3 because of the rifles and sawed off, but that's seriously a major L2P issue. The gnasher is still dominant, but not on a level that makes it the only weapon that anyone should use at any given time. I guess that's why more people play Gears 3's multiplayer than Gears 1 and 2 combined. Powerful rifles makes blind rushing pointless, increases awareness, provides a level of tactics that a lot of people were not going to see, and opens the doors for much more skilled combat.
    1. Kapkido is a martial art so you didn't have to say martial art. 2. Idk if you ever watched an mlg game from gears 1 or 2 but it was pretty much all rifle based. 3. You ever think people dont pplay it cause they sold them for gears 3 or because its an old game?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12