MSgt. Shooter Person

Lightbulb New Unrealscript Highlighter For Notepad++

Hey all,

I created this highlighter for myself, mainly because I was tired of looking at black text on a white background. There is another highlighter available, though it is a complete eyesore and it doesn't really classify any of the keywords into distinct color coding. Contact me directly if you have any concerns or anything

I hope that this will help all of you fellow non-coders out there, as well as any programmers who use Notepad++

Unrealscript Highlighter

Oooooh, nice one. I'm also sick of the white on black. I'm not down with the cool kids on that one so i'm definitely going to be giving this a whirl.

Any ideas on setting up autocomplete / inteli-sense?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have no experience in that arena, so I can't help at all.

For some reason, in a commented-out section in my code, everything after a " ' " is considered commented out, even though the block of code the ' was in was within /** */

Eh..???

EDIT: Come to think of it, /** */ doesn't even seem to comment out my code. Weird.

EDIT2: Oh that's why; for some reason the commenting doesn't work if it's set up like: "/**If ..." but does if it's set up like "/** If..." Think there's a way to fix that?

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is the #1 google hit for "UnrealScript Highlighter for Notepad++" but the install instructions are out of date. That menu option doesnt exist any more.

I think now you have to look for the teenie toolbar icon with the tooltipof "Define your language..." and then use the import button

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sorry that I haven't updated anything in a while. I've been using Unity at my job and I'm just getting back into Unreal again. When I have time, I'll fix these issues