Iron Guard

Default Interesting Glitch on Epic 2 Torlan, 17Mar12

There was a pretty good match going on over there a little while ago. I was on red and we had all the nodes, and we'd just gotten orb to to enemy prime, when out of nowhere our own prime when down. Shortly after that the sides went down. This was while we had the enemy prime capped and holding it the orb.

I got all this recorded and I'm going to post it as soon as I get it compressed and dubbed. Mainly because it's kind of interesting, and I've never seen this glitch happen before.

And also because I swore up and down for about twenty minutes afterwards that net_zero must have taxied me to our own prime, allowing blue to take the entire map. Which as you can see from the recording is not what happened at all.

Well I owe net_zero an apology over that. I suppose I can plead brain damage due to lack of sleep and and an overdose of of playing this game late at night. Basically, having never seen anything like this happen, I completely misread the map, interpreting what happened in terms I could understand instead of just looking at what was there.

Anyway yeah it's a pretty interesting glitch, or exploit, or whatever it is. I'll put the link in here when it's ready. If anyone has an idea how it happened, let me know I'd like to hear about it.

Um I guess technically it's really 18Mar12 that this happened on... oh heck well right in that area anyway.
    Last edited by dickbird; 03-18-2012 at 03:14 AM.
    My wonderful Youtube videos of this nonsense
    Awesome music

The Sacrifice

That's funny, man. Here in this part of Utah we have no electricity (sudden power outage). That just brightened my night.
    Cheating is for little girls and those that just plain suck.

Deathless

lol...St Patricks day lil bugs
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

I would love to know who did it!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Everybody's innocent in here. Didn't you know that?

MSgt. Shooter Person

LOL! Wow, that is frickin' weird! Never seen that happen before. Hmm, maybe the server was drunk and thought it was on Avalanche with reversed team colors? :P

God King

It were...

NINJAS. ಠ_ಠ
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

After a hundred thousand games on Torlan, it doesn't seem likely to be a simple glitch. Nay, some foul play must be afoot.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: barrr

I have an idea. I'll test it out today .
    barrr was here...

Iron Guard

The vehicle explosion bug works on unlinked nodes and the core... If the node was really low, that's possibly what happened. Your video shows that someone was over at your prime a little before it went down. They could have caused it; maybe even on accident, which would be funny.

If only UT3 had better demorec capabilities. :/
    [PC Version] Send your friend requests to: hinterland
    [PS3 Version] Send your friend requests to: hint-korp

The Sacrifice

Damn it hinter edit that before it causes an outbreak! I remember the first time I saw a tank being driven up on prime in dt. That spread pretty darn quick.
    Give me some credit... I'm not completely stoopid, only Slightly
    ut3gow.com

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

you can drive a tank up in prime?! damn!
    barrr was here...

The Sacrifice

Dickbirdicus when ever you have a weird question about anything warfare related leave it to the puB guys to answer. They know how to do everything. Infra showed me how to the deemer on islander without a raptor. Barr knows how to get tank up in prime on DT lol. Wipes knows how to get even the quietest player to engage in a flame war via in game text. Hinter can teach you the torlan glitch.

Im not busting on you guys really its all in good fun
    But seriously its not good to share the torlan one. Bubble barrr and i worked it out on a private server, with the sheriff spying on us. Think its ok for an admin to know this because you should get kicked for doing this on official servers imo, unlike the tank in dt its a little different....
    Give me some credit... I'm not completely stoopid, only Slightly
    ut3gow.com

Iron Guard

I have more protips!

In WAR-Dusk (Free Mine!), if you ever get stuck under the center platform, where the cicada spawns, or if you just want funtimes, jump into one of the pipes along the walls, walk back, jump to the wall, and hop on your hoverboard. Depending on how/where you jump, you could fly straight up to the redeemer area or you could fly toward one of the prime nodes.
    [PC Version] Send your friend requests to: hinterland
    [PS3 Version] Send your friend requests to: hint-korp

Yeah, learning tricks such as getting the Bender on prime in Downtown is all fine and dandy. But busting a shielded node? That's where we draw the line, gentlemen.

Iron Guard

Hahaha damn I really miss this game. I still have a nice orb hammer jump on Downtown I don't think anyone else knows. Looking forward to pwning again in a couple of years hopefully \o/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Ooooo SS, it's nice of you to remember I am pùß. I have hated Razer for so long I almost forgot myself . And yet I keep playing with my Mamba wired/wireless mouse with battery that lasts for 3 hours of UT3 playing (which is so not enough for me!). Occasionally disconnects and is incompatible with the same brand Destructor mat. Go figure. Hey! Anybody wants a one day used mat that is probably compatible with every other brand but its own? The box might be a bit dusty but hey!, the mat comes in its own casing that you can do so much stuff with like lets see, let it collect dust for the rest of it's miserable life since it's so pretty and you don't have the heart to throw it away? And is the sole reason for the mat to be so fricken expensive? They also have a great marketing which...

... rumbling fades away ...
    barrr was here...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ummie4 View Post
    Dickbirdicus when ever you have a weird question about anything warfare related leave it to the puB guys to answer. They know how to do everything. Infra showed me how to the deemer on islander without a raptor. Barr knows how to get tank up in prime on DT lol. Wipes knows how to get even the quietest player to engage in a flame war via in game text. Hinter can teach you the torlan glitch.

Im not busting on you guys really its all in good fun
    But seriously its not good to share the torlan one. Bubble barrr and i worked it out on a private server, with the sheriff spying on us. Think its ok for an admin to know this because you should get kicked for doing this on official servers imo, unlike the tank in dt its a little different....
    That seems to be interestingly true. MidniteWarrior is a known glitch finder and figured out something in Avalanche recently and Tricky... lets just say he's at a different level than the rest of us.