View Poll Results: Should the hip fire and hard aim bullet spread be the same?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 51.72%
  • No

40 34.48%
  • Try it in a event first

16 13.79%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JimmyLad93

Quote Originally Posted by TH3 ZomBifiieD View Post
    They had this in G.O.W 1 where the spread was all the same. Then there was never a reason to aim. I prefer it the way it is. Even though G.O.W 1 took more skill to use the gnasher since blindfiring was the best. I think aiming should give you a tighter spread even if it doesn't make sense logically.
    Loads of people aimed in gears 1, gears 1 is also where the pop shot came from remember.
    Last edited by JimmyLad93; 03-17-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Boomshot
    Driving a Centaur down your street all hopped up on Dizzy Juice
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Viewing the hue

When you hip fire you are normally closer so this would actually benefit you. When you hard aim you are normally further away. I would not change those settings unless we are starting another OP weapon thread again and again and again....
    I really think Epic should stop making changes to the game until they fix the big issues like resets.
    Smoke Grenades, you will come to fear them.
    [[II[[]]II]]--oo--{}

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: zimaknights

I agree, changing the spread while aiming to the same as hipfiring, would balance the gnasher against all weapons, and would improve consistancy Win - Win for everyone. Besides an active shot also makes the spread tighter. So i personally see no problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xombie Cow View Post
    GoW3 is like crack. Terrible and super bad for you on paper. But phenomenal once you're roped in.
    Keep things simple, Gnasher and Lancer loadout.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TH3 ZomBiifieD

when you got good enough aiming was pointless because there was no difference in damage or accuracy. Plus that shotgun shot alot faster than G.O.W 3. That is why i think leave the aiming as is. Or else blindfiring would be all that was necessary when you got good enough at aiming...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLz YeaH View Post
    I agree, changing the spread while aiming to the same as hipfiring, would balance the gnasher against all weapons, and would improve consistancy Win - Win for everyone. Besides an active shot also makes the spread tighter. So i personally see no problem with it.
    i agree i think it would make it a lot more balanced

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SwisS ChEeZeR10

It's true that hard aiming does hinder the movement and speed of the player, but I highly doubt that you're walking around the entire game hard aiming with the Gnasher and even more so with the SoS. I personally hard aim for the quick scope to abuse the better grouping; who wouldn't. So yeah, the grouping should be the same; no reason for it not to be.
    People talking without speaking
    People hearing without listening________________Merovec, bchaps, and III LYCAN III
    People writing songs that voices never share
    And no one dared disturb
    the sound of silence____________________________________
    VT

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bud JM

If you want the same spread no matter what, then use the SO. That's what it's there for...people that find it too difficult to aim.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ItsBud View Post
    If you want the same spread no matter what, then use the SO. That's what it's there for...people that find it too difficult to aim.
    how would the bullet spread effect your aim ? it's the fact that your shots are more powerful when you aim because the bullets tighten together.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyLad93 View Post
    how would the bullet spread effect your aim ? it's the fact that your shots are more powerful when you aim because the bullets tighten together.
    I'm not sure what that means. I didn't say it would affect your aim, I said if you don't want to aim then use the SO. If you had the same AOE without aiming the Gnasher then why aim? You'd be able to blow people to bits without slowing down. The Gnasher would then be overpowered.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I'm not sure what that means. I didn't say it would affect your aim, I said if you don't want to aim then use the SO. If you had the same AOE without aiming the Gnasher then why aim? You'd be able to blow people to bits without slowing down. The Gnasher would then be overpowered.
    you said the sawed off is for people who find it difficult to aim, i don't find it difficult to aim at all, so you implied it, and also it would if anything balance the gnasher out, the fact it tightens the spread so much when you aim means you can down people from such a far distance in not many shots.

Aiming should not effect the bullet spread in the slightest, it has nothing to do with it.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Terra D Serph PSN ID: Terra_D_Serph

Guys, they put it back to where the gun has the same accuracy when hipfired or hard-aimed when they were releasing the weapon notes for Gears 3. The aiming just gives you a specific box that you can see. The gun fires with the same accuracy if it's hipfired, but it's at a different angle and so you have to adjust to that.
    Imagine if OverRun was placed as a PC standalone game.
    Also, Thrashball should be a professional E-sport.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nefiiria View Post
    Guys, they put it back to where the gun has the same accuracy when hipfired or hard-aimed when they were releasing the weapon notes for Gears 3. The aiming just gives you a specific box that you can see. The gun fires with the same accuracy if it's hipfired, but it's at a different angle and so you have to adjust to that.
    Not true. Aiming down the sights tightens the spread, thus allowing you to do more damage at medium range.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyLad93 View Post
    you said the sawed off is for people who find it difficult to aim, i don't find it difficult to aim at all, so you implied it, and also it would if anything balance the gnasher out, the fact it tightens the spread so much when you aim means you can down people from such a far distance in not many shots.

Aiming should not effect the bullet spread in the slightest, it has nothing to do with it.
    I don't see how what I said implies that bullet spread affects your aim. You're not making any sense. Using your logic, if the Gnasher had the same tight bullet spread, then you could down people from a distance without aiming. I don't see how that would balance the Gnasher out. It would throw the Gnasher out of balance because you'd be able to do the same things you could do if you had aimed.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I don't see how what I said implies that bullet spread affects your aim. You're not making any sense. Using your logic, if the Gnasher had the same tight bullet spread, then you could down people from a distance without aiming. I don't see how that would balance the Gnasher out. It would throw the Gnasher out of balance because you'd be able to do the same things you could do if you had aimed.
    That's what im saying though, make it when you aim, the bullet spread is the same as it is when you hip fire. so make them both the same as the hip fire, it would balance the shotty well more.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

This needs to be done!

Banned

the concept is simple, you hardaim; you're a scrub.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AFX Acid

Gears 2 TU5 era > all other Gears. Everything was perfectly balanced... then TU6 dropped

Gears of War -- 1250/1250G
    Gears of War 2 -- 1750/1750G
    Gears of War 3 -- 1900/2000G
    Gears of War: Judgment -- 1210/1500G

Banned

100% agree. Hard Aims hurt so much, and its stupid how the spread is determined on how you aim.
    WE NEED UNIVERSAL shotgun spread. We also NEED UNIVERSAL hit boxes.

Banned

I hate taking so much damage because I was Hard Aimed.. My hipfire spread should be the same as hard aiming. You actually have an advantage hard aiming at mid to close.. Because how compact your spread is. Its nor fair to be honest. I can be as accurate hitting you with a hipfire, but you do more damage to me because you hard aimed at the same range? UNIVERSAL spread is what we need.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sleeveless Man

Quote Originally Posted by Art of Drowning View Post
    I hate taking so much damage because I was Hard Aimed.. My hipfire spread should be the same as hard aiming. You actually have an advantage hard aiming at mid to close.. Because how compact your spread is. Its nor fair to be honest. I can be as accurate hitting you with a hipfire, but you do more damage to me because you hard aimed at the same range? UNIVERSAL spread is what we need.
    Au contraire, it is fair. Because believe it or not, you have a left trigger that you can use to aim as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Santiago View Post
    Look, a Scorcher. Ben would've liked this. That kid really loved fire.
    Support a new Locust, Bolter, for Gears 3 MP! Click Here!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Minja Himself

This is what I believe the shotgun should be like.

Each way of using the shotgun used to/should have trade offs. When Hard Aiming, you got accuracy and damage but mobility was reduced. When Pop Shotting, you got accuracy and mobility but damage was reduced. When Blindfiring, you got mobility and damage but lost accuracy(unless you were good at it).

I've been saying this for a loooong time. So much that I just copied and pasted it from my VMs.

I do support this idea. The spread for hard aiming is too tight. I'm not entirely sure if it needs to be exactly like the hipfire spread, but it's obvious it needs some stretching. Especially with an active. The thing is a freakin' cannon.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gloves78

Leave it how it is people that are good at wall bouncing would be to powerful an would dominate. Not that I don't already but if my hip fire was as powerful as HA it would be ridicules.

Also it is more realistic as on a some real shotguns you have a "choke" normally a button or switch near the trigger. Which when turned on does what hard aiming does an compresses your shot. So because it's to complicated to have a switch in game instead you hard aim the choke is on you hip fire choke is off.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll ALEX76 ll

Should be same.
    Aiming is for accuracy.
    Getting old

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

I just want all the spreads to be the same. I mean why should you get punished for blindfiring your shotty? In real life, yeah, in game? No. Same spreads whether it's blindfired, popshotted (can barely do that on G2/3) or hard aimed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeveless Man View Post
    Au contraire, it is fair. Because believe it or not, you have a left trigger that you can use to aim as well.
    Any Gears Veteran at this point believe hard aiming is cheap.. My shells should hit you with the same spread in ANY situation.
    I really hate when people say that.. "You can use it too." its just an excuse to avoid making a reasonable comment on the topic. If I honestly had that mentality, I would only play Quick Match all day, hide behind unfair female hit boxes, and abuse the Retro/Sawed off combo, like most players.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by TerrorTwilight View Post
    100% it should be the same. Aiming a shotgun doesn't make the pellet spread tighter. The only advantage you should get from aiming is better accuracy, not more power.
    I'm not reading through the thread... but THIS TIMES A MILLION.
    Competitive Gears of War player, if you haven't already... check out hypefestation.com

gears1 has different spreads from hipfire and hardaim. and gears1 was good sooooo....

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doctor Pie 7056

Gears 1 had an annoying hit detection
    I have a shotgun
    Quote Originally Posted by xTZAx View Post
    I was considering cancelling my pre-order until they finally confirmed that I can turn off gore and language.
    Yes, this is a fertile land we will rule over all this land, we will call it, this land. - Thumbs up if you get the reference

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Pie 7056 View Post
    Gears 1 had an annoying hit detection
    Oh no.. Not the Flashbacks!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

No not the CHAINSAW!!!!
    I have a shotgun
    I was considering cancelling my pre-order until they finally confirmed that I can turn off gore and language.
    Yes, this is a fertile land we will rule over all this land, we will call it, this land. - Thumbs up if you get the reference

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Pie 7056 View Post
    No not the CHAINSAW!!!!
    Oh, now I'm mad! Ninja Flip! I'm soooooooooo gooooooooood.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Hadoken! *stick nade on to person than runs like a school girl*
    I have a shotgun

Banned

Watch out now, we are in the Gears 3 age now. Don't make wipe the dust of my scrubby Retro Lancer and walk around you in circles panic spraying, then hump you like I'm out played you with a oh so pro move...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

It would balance the game out more

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mp Monstrosity

The gnasher makes no scene its so inconsistent

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DanTheGamer11

Gun seems best at 15+ feet

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3OTERO

I never realized there was a difference, but I always hip fire the gnasher, if I am shooting enemys from a distance that would require aiming, I will be using my lancer.
    Insane Horde Group Member, also big KOTH fan, invites and FR's welcome
    Rocketback silverkills anyone?
    I WILL FOREVER DISLIKE GOWJ FOR THE REMOVAL OF HORDE

Banned

Spread should be the same. Period.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ELMER PHUD

It should all be the same, Spread shouldn't change ever no matter how u aim
    Thank You So MUCH > II EVOL ONE II < For My NEW DashBoard

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

Active Gnasher+hard aim is just totally over the top and unnecesary.
    I think it's unanimously agreed among all non-biased Gnasher lovers that there's no need for it.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast