Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Default Strict NAT - Lag?

Hey I've been experiencing some pretty bad lag recently experiencing many problems:

-delayed gibs
    -sponging
    -character 'stuttering' when sliding into cover
    -being pushed back behind a wall
    -mantle kick...
    -sawn-off's from what seems like miles awway

Anyway, my friend and I were online yesterday doing CTL and he noticed that my NAT type was set to Strict (in red writing ). Now I don't know much about NAT but if anyone can help it would be appreciated. I use the newer wireless Xbox if that helps, thanks in advance

PS. Yes, I have Fenix Rising.

My download speed is 9.84 Mbps and my upload is 1.02 Mbps. Ping (whatever the hell that is) is 25 ms
    Last edited by DaRkNeSs; 03-10-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkRedScorpion

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
    Hey I've been experiencing some pretty bad lag recently experiencing many problems:

-delayed gibs
    -sponging
    -character 'stuttering' when sliding into cover
    -being pushed back behind a wall
    -mantle kick...
    -sawn-off's from what seems like miles awway

Anyway, my friend and I were online yesterday doing CTL and he noticed that my NAT type was set to Strict (in red writing ). Now I don't know much about NAT but if anyone can help it would be appreciated. I use the newer wireless Xbox if that helps, thanks in advance

PS. Yes, I have Fenix Rising.

My download speed is 9.84 Mbps and my upload is 1.02 Mbps. Ping (whatever the hell that is) is 25 ms
    a strict nat is an xbox issue, not gears. yes it can cause lag. try this
    http://www.xbox360forum.com/xbox-for...n-NAT-xbox-360

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kracker Kid View Post
    a strict nat is an xbox issue, not gears. yes it can cause lag. try this
    http://www.xbox360forum.com/xbox-for...n-NAT-xbox-360
    Well thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Veteran

I can't join 1/3 matches because of my strict nat and bad connection. It really annoys my clan when I lag out again. This never happened in Gears 2. Well I'm getting a new provider in 2 weeks and then I'll open up my NAT.
    Gears 1 1160/1250 | Gears 2 1750/1750 | Gears 3 1900/2000 | Bulletstorm 1000/1000
    Thank you Cher for the Lancer Avatar prop and the Minecraft skin pack! |Thank you NeillMcAttack for Commando Dom!| Thank you DarkAp89 for Mechanic Baird!| Thank you PopeAdrian37th for Jungle Tai and Neon!| Thank you I OU a Beatn for the Paintball Skin!| Thank you III LYCAN III for the Web Skin, the Classic Hammy and Marcus!|Thank you The Anya Bunni for Anya and Team Metal!|

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by I ViCTiMiZER View Post
    I can't join 1/3 matches because of my strict nat and bad connection. It really annoys my clan when I lag out again. This never happened in Gears 2. Well I'm getting a new provider in 2 weeks and then I'll open up my NAT.
    It's really awful the lag, I cannot wallbounce because my connection just cannot cope with it...

MSgt. Shooter Person

restart modem and reconfigure your network setting it worked for me.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by I ViCTiMiZER View Post
    strict nat has to do with router settings, not your internet connection.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Right I haven't done anything but today it says my NAT's open? But last night it defo said Strict, does it fluctuate?

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Right I haven't done anything but today it says my NAT's open? But last night it defo said Strict, does it fluctuate?
    depends. you can program some ports to close during certain times of the day, but unless you set it up like that in your router, it wont be that way.

something else to consider is how many xboxes do you have? some older routers cant handle more than one xbox. when i lived with my brother and another roomate, we had to buy a new router because the router couldnt handle more than one xbox. the first xbox than signs on will be open, but the rest would be strict. it caused lots of connection problems whenever we played together. when we bought a new router it fixed everything

Banned
    Gamer IDs

depends. you can program some ports to close during certain times of the day, but unless you set it up like that in your router, it wont be that way.

something else to consider is how many xboxes do you have? some older routers cant handle more than one xbox. when i lived with my brother and another roomate, we had to buy a new router because the router couldnt handle more than one xbox. the first xbox than signs on will be open, but the rest would be strict. it caused lots of connection problems whenever we played together. when we bought a new router it fixed everything
    Just 1 Xbox. Sometimes 1-2 laptops.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

gaming laptops? computers use different ports. only time they use the same ports are if you use them for gaming.
    No, just ordinary Dell's. I've heard using internet on computer and Xbox at same time can cause lag though

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

No, just ordinary Dell's. I've heard using internet on computer and Xbox at same time can cause lag though
    with 9.84 Mbps download and 1.02 Mbps upload, i wouldnt worry about the laptops causing lag unless youre downloading HUGE files. and even if they do cause lag, they wouldnt change your nat

Banned
    Gamer IDs

with 9.84 Mbps download and 1.02 Mbps upload, i wouldnt worry about the laptops causing lag unless youre downloading HUGE files. and even if they do cause lag, they wouldnt change your nat
    Ok, thanks

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PUGDOGZ

Check this thread out,should help you out alot.Good luck ! http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ed-12-18-2011)

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DepressedWhales

Ping is how good the connection is to someone, most PC games list ping. Under 75 is awesome, 75-150, lag 150+ GET OUT OF THERE FAST!!!
    Want your seriously %? --- My youtube --- Thanks everyone
    Knock, Knock - Who's there? - Dr - Dr who? - Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Mead
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lxlThanatoslxl

If you can access your router and change the options then look for an option called DMZ Hosting or something similar. In the field, input the IP address from your Xbox 360 (Located under Network Settings in your system options on the 360) this will open up all the ports for your console which will give you an Open Nat Type.

If you have to reset your router, the IP may change and you might have to update it every once in a while.
    \\ Current Cog: Bernie / Current Locust: RAAM //
    Currently looking for Infected Omen and Flaming Weapon Skins. Adam Fenix, Com Dom, Mechanic Baird COG Skins.
    Huge Thank you to Capt23n for the Savage Grenadier Elite Code!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UIR Onyx Scott PSN ID: NI_Locust

I had to reset my router, haven't had a problem since then.
    @Scott_Lyle93

Extremely Serious

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xSIMPLE SIMONx PSN ID: BerZerKer95

Portforward.com

Find out your router make and model and find it in the router list then select Xbox live and it shows you a step by step guide to having an open NAT.
    EVIL DEAD