Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: El Chubacabraz

Default Really, What is the point in perfectly active reloading a SOS?

Since the sawed off shotgun is basically one shot one kill, what could a perfect active reload possibly do?
    - Fupaz

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Golden RAAM

Faster reload?
    One does not simply, steal all the power weapons!
    \\ * //

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dizzy Walllin

Kinda like the oneshot and digger i guess cause neither of these do anything better with or without a active.
    Check Out My Gears Collection!

Painmaster's Gears Collection!

Check Out The Video That Got My Topic Closed Silly Huh

Retro Is A Close Range Weapon???

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

If you get an active reload, it goes towards your reload medal. That would be the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OverPoweredSoap

Getting to hear your character's AR line. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by U wot m8 View Post
    No.Go make me a sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxIncisionxXx View Post
    No. But I am ordering dominos. Want some?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wrath of RAAM

I thought it gave it more range?
    Seriously 3.0 unlocked 5/2/12

Thanks to The Doctor for the SGE code! Zap for the Savage Kantus!!
    Flak for the Avatar Lancer and Electa Heart for the LGS!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Painmaster212 View Post
    Kinda like the oneshot and digger i guess cause neither of these do anything better with or without a active.
    What you serious? An active digger is lethal and an active oneshot can go through materials and kill.
    An active SOS is just a faster reload, 2500 is enough damage I think lol.

Banned

Active reload should extend the range a few feet.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KILLAKR3WxBLACK

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Walker View Post
    I believe it does.
    EMBRY STAR
    WAR HERO

"Most disagreeable."

Thank you Flak for the Avatar Lancer Code via Twitter!
    Thank you Ground Walker for the Adam Fenix Code!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A sad sad panda

The point in perfect active reloading it is to be prepared. Ever hear the saying "better safe than sorry"? It's kind of like that.

As it is right now, it's rare that the Sawed-off Shotgun will get a double kill or "Kaboom!" without active re-loading it. It is possible, just pretty few and far between. Perfectly timing the active reload for it gives it enough of an increased range to easily take out 2-3 people given the circumstances.

Now that I got that out of the way, Active reload with the starting weapons is over the top, compared to pickup weapons. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. People won't go into a Gnasher battle without pre-activing, anymore. Whereas the active re-load on say the Digger just does next to nothing, and the active on the torque bow just makes it so that the shot does damage if or when you miss the shot.

Tl;DR - sos active = multikills/power weapon actives are crap, starting weapon actives are op.
    GT: A sad sad panda.

I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Arts Integrity

Quote Originally Posted by bjo510 View Post
    The point in perfect active reloading it is to be prepared. Ever hear the saying "better safe than sorry"? It's kind of like that.

As it is right now, it's rare that the Sawed-off Shotgun will get a double kill or "Kaboom!" without active re-loading it. It is possible, just pretty few and far between. Perfectly timing the active reload for it gives it enough of an increased range to easily take out 2-3 people given the circumstances.

Now that I got that out of the way, Active reload with the starting weapons is over the top, compared to pickup weapons. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. People won't go into a Gnasher battle without pre-activing, anymore. Whereas the active re-load on say the Digger just does next to nothing, and the active on the torque bow just makes it so that the shot does damage if or when you miss the shot.

Tl;DR - sos active = multikills/power weapon actives are crap, starting weapon actives are op.
    errm things like boomshot and digger have a bigger blast radius which is REALLY noticeable, its worth getting the active just obviously not an actual preactive because of the ammo count ofc
    Rise my warriors! Rise and crush the hammtards! (People who call a hammerburst a "hammy" it's pathetic and they should burn)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Deeflin

Active digger does nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelisLeo View Post
    In beta those who were good with Retro got to be REALLY good with it. So it was tweaked in ways that made it harder to use.
    In Gears those who are good with Gnasher are REALLY good with it. So... it was NOT tweaked in ways that would make it harder to use.
    \\★//

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Deeflin View Post
    Active digger does nothing special.
    Its certainly better than non active digger though.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The torque bow also takes less time to charge when it's active, which is VERY useful. I can't count the number of times I've hit someone's foot just as they roll behind cover because I nailed the active.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyth View Post
    I definitely notice a difference

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikkomara

I heard jamming the SoS as soon as you can is quicker than active reloading it. Don't know if this is true or not, need confirmation.
    {Nikkomara}
    i play the NEW EVENT GNASHER GUARDIAN i dont have the rainbow, WTF??? please fix this
    Best^Typo^Ever
    Thanks to l PUDGE l for the Baird Goggles!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Coleyman07

Activing the Sawed-Off does nothing but grant a shorter reload time.

Quote Originally Posted by Painmaster212 View Post
    An active Digger has a shorter detonation time after popping up. An active One-Shot will penetrate through Boomshields and kill their users (remember Trenches in the beta?).

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Walker View Post
    It has no affect on the guns performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyth View Post
    See above, and below.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK0UT B0Y View Post
    I believe it does.
    . Perfectly timing the active reload for it gives it enough of an increased range to easily take out 2-3 people given the circumstances. .
    It does this all the time. Again, the SOS receives no boost of any kind from an active relads. Multiple kills happen just as often. It does not increase its range. This is a placeo effect.

Note Lee Perry on the topic..

What does active reload do for the DBS? Longer range? -CaliDude916

just reloads faster. No other benefit. Same with aiming. It is what it is... Nearly binary death machine at melee range only -Lee Perry

The SOS has had one change since release, reducing its range. That's all.
    Last edited by NFI; 03-10-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I commend you for bothering to go through a year's worth of Lee's Twitter feed just to get this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleyman View Post
    I commend you for bothering to go through a year's worth of Lee's Twitter feed just to get this information.
    Thanks . It's got to be done, because you know what would happen if it isn't cited..

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    Thanks . It's got to be done, because you know what would happen if it isn't cited..

...we would all go into a private match and conduct experimentation into the matter to determine whether the claim is true or not?

Wait, lolno.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: koot3rJuice

as stated in the Gears 3 game guide, the SO causes 2500 damage points(multiplayer). The SO active reload does NOT result in increased damage. The only benefit would be an increased reload time.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    at work getting paid to talk to you on here

what i don't like is it's faster to jam the reload on purpose than to go for the active. the reload speed needs quickened.
    Thanks III Lycan III for the Com Dom code.... also for hours spent on slab!! Thanks to CaptainSlayer for my jungle tai

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

For just teh speed boost.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Insan3PRsk1llz

Quote Originally Posted by Fupaz View Post
    Since the sawed off shotgun is basically one shot one kill, what could a perfect active reload possibly do?
    Thank the ("gnasher fanboy's) for that....they ruin a great weapon in the sawed off.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by sosvet View Post
    what i don't like is it's faster to jam the reload on purpose than to go for the active. the reload speed needs quickened.
    It's actually not. I saw a video. But perfect active reloading only does about 1 second less than instant jamming.
    - Fupaz

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Espada Muerta

A active for the SoS should increase it's range cause come on hitting a perfect is a achievement sometimes with it lol.
    GEARS OF WAR JUDGEMENT
    Jungle Tai(Cell Shaded)/Female Onyx Guard(Mummy)
    Gnasher(Big Game)/Lancer(XBOX)

Palace Guard

I always thought it increases the range just by a tiny bit. :/

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SOUNDxOFxNOISE

Getting an active with the SoS gives a damage boost for the bigger guys in horde, I think....
    n8lyons213 aka... SOUNDxOFxNOISE

Quote Originally Posted by sprunky View Post
    You are complaining about people complaining about a much complained about fact that is complained about by complainers... Wait what...?

Banned

It's for a ****ing quicker reload and a potentially bigger radius/gib range.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A sad sad panda

What more could you possibly want out of an active? One shot - one kill.

You know, if you don't like the active reload on the Sawed-off Shotgun then just use the Gnasher. If active reload means that much to you, then you'd be doing yourself a favor anyways. Besides, it seems like you can't get into a Gnasher battle lately, without your opponent pre-active reloading, before the shotgun battle. So you'd more than likely fit right in.
    GT: A sad sad panda.

I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

You know, if you don't like the active reload on the Sawed-off Shotgun then just use the Gnasher. If active reload means that much to you, then you'd be doing yourself a favor anyways. Besides, it seems like you can't get into a Gnasher battle lately, without your opponent pre-active reloading, before the shotgun battle. So you'd more than likely fit right in.
    I don't like the gnasher any more. I onyxed it, and realized that it's kind of a noob weapon since it takes barely any skill to use it, and that's what everyone uses anyway, so I like to stand out with my Hammerburst and SOS.
    - Fupaz

Banned

It's people like you that make me want to kill myself. I'm exaggerating, but there's obviously gib range and radius of the bullet; not just the raw power of it. Ignorance.

Banned

Gives you at least something to pat yourself on the back for so you at least feel like you're at least accomplishing something that requires effort when you're using that gun.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Active reloading the SOS increases its range. It does not increase damage. Just like active reloading the lancer increases fire rate not damage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrickHit View Post
    Active reloading the SOS increases its range. It does not increase damage. Just like active reloading the lancer increases fire rate not damage.
    Not true, the active reload does nothing.

I think the sos should get a bigger radius if active reloaded.

If the gnasher gets bonuses for being active reloaded, the other shotgun should too.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBreasts View Post
    It's for a ****ing quicker reload and a potentially bigger radius/gib range.
    No it's not.This was already clarified. It has zero effect on the gun. Just a fast reload.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrickHit View Post
    No. This is incorrect on both accounts. The sos merely gets a faster reload, nothing else. The lancer receives a damage increase of roughly 17 points of damage. It goes from 55 per bullet to 72 per bullet.
    Last edited by NFI; 03-11-2012 at 11:37 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post

No. This is incorrect on both accounts. The sos merely gets a faster reload, nothing else. The lancer receives a damage increase of roughly 17 points of damage. It goes from 55 per bullet to 72 per bullet.
    Well epic need to look into giving the SOS a bonus when active reloaded then.