Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A sad sad panda

Default Your favorite multiplayer map - in terms of design/graphics.

I'm generally not the type of person to be appreciative towards art. It's just not my thing. Sometimes though, I'll slow down a bit and notice how gorgeous most of, if not all of the multiplayer maps are. It's something that most of the time, you'll only notice when you decide to slow down. For instance, you'd never notice that the actual hotel on the map "Hotel" is actually really huge, while being engulfed in a storm, with a light-house just outside of the shore. Another example is Rustlung, very little people notice that the windows behind the Silverback spawn actually show that the map is on a ship, hauling through what looks like a hurricane.

I'm curious to see what other people have noticed about the map scenery, as well as learning anymore of these off the map scenes.
    GT: A sad sad panda.

I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: locdawg1775

Anvil if you look through some cracks I can't tell you where I cause I don't know how to explain there's a raven that's crashed.
    Anybody got any free shi* they want to give me?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

nice, I'll go check it out. I also love when the map drops on Overpass, and the water seeps through half of the map, easily overlooked if you're not looking directly at the floor. Another rather obvious one is on Trenches right before the sandstorm hits, you could see it on it's way. Like a scene out of Prince of Persia.

Oh god. I deserve to be flamed for that last bit. :P

I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: commandrew

so far blood drive gridlock and slab
    Jacinto, River, Pavillion, Security come to Gears 3 and come DARK!!!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTouRisTofDuTYx

Quote Originally Posted by $5 an Hour View Post
    Gridlock is quite awesome looking if you look out over the peer into the cherred remains and the full Seran moon. Awesome graphics, just awesome.
    Proud GearHead since 2006.
    Favorite Cog: Commando Dom/ Tai Kaliso/Adam Fenix
    Favorite Locust: Theron Elite/ Savage Theron
    ô@PeteNub: It's a 1 hit kill with a ridiculous refire rate, a super fast reload, too much ammo, easiest active reload. Yeah it's imbalanced.ö
    ô@quinndelhoyo:bypasses DBNO, highest damage output per shot, noob friendly active reload. It excels more than it should.ö

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xPuritania

Sandbar looks quite nice, always makes me feel like swimming whenever I play it.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IX SharkShot XI

Quote Originally Posted by $5 an Hour View Post
    Blood Drive had potential, but far too many people camp on the stairs and it becomes a Lancer based map.
    My favorite map has to be Mercy because I like the bright colours, it makes a difference to all the darkness Gears of War has in it. And I just find it a good team-based map to play on.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Can't believe I forgot Gridlock! I love how they moved it to what seems like Char? Amazing idea.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Avalanche was a good map. Almost one of a kind with the actual avalanche in multiplayer.

Gamertag - GTRandy
    Cog - Anya Stroud
    Locust - Savage Grenadier

GOWJ - 151

Boomshot

I like looking off the cliffs on Anvil. Hotel has a cool seascape.

My current favorite map is Depths. If you look through the glass at one-shot or pistol you can see a big fish. The glass has a crack at one-shot. The potential for a crazy environmental effect there is massive!

Overpass actually is pretty cool looking. The "overpass", that is the road at each end of the map falls and breaks away every so often. Come to think of it all the maps have cool features and look good. Pity people have to hide on most of them.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Hmm... I also like Azure, if you take the time to look around you could see a few cool things. I think there's a water purifier (at least it looks like one) at one of the respawns.

Boomshot
    On the other side of the map, hard-aiming you with the Gnasher.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: He Bridish

I love:

-The sea and Church type building on Mercy
    -The huge building on the top of Azura
    -The sea on Hotel, especially the lighthouse
    -The city background in Escalation
    -The mountains on The Slab
    -The darkness of Jacinto
    -The water on Rustlung when you look out of the window by the SB
    -The area underneath the boomshot on Clocktower

And I think much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
    Everyone bought the new GOW Judgment controllers where (A), (Y), (X), and (B) buttons are replace with one giant (B) Button.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xXxNachoZxXx

Ilike the slab beacause its all creepy and dark.

Hotel Is really cool, It flows pretty good... I just wish that they would bring back Jacinto one day

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doctor Ticklez

Escalation looks incredible. I literally stopped, and starred when I noticed the city In the background.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xiLLxYuNgStUnNa

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkshot View Post
    Blood Drive had potential, but far too many people camp on the stairs and it becomes a Lancer based map.
    My favorite map has to be Mercy because I like the bright colours, it makes a difference to all the darkness Gears of War has in it. And I just find it a good team-based map to play on.
    I like the wine cellar in mercy it reminds me of midevil times

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by xxRisin'Outlawxx View Post
    Hotel Is really cool, It flows pretty good... I just wish that they would bring back Jacinto one day
    jacinto is on the way....end of march..

Veteran

All the maps have this beautiful look, outside on hotel, the trees moving due to the wind the clouds, looks gorgeous, I guess the gears 3's engine is really good.

Thats awesome! Is Jacinto gonna have the same Gears 2 look? Or Are they gonna do to It what they did with Gridlock?

Banned
    Maine the place where all our beaches are actually rocks lol
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sir joshd109

I love the water level from the fenix rising dlc (forgot how to spell it) but it reminded me of one of the first 360 games i ever played Bioshock.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xXxNachoZxXx

I like Blood Drive!
    Bernie Mataki\\80//General RAAM
    Loadout:Urban Digital Lancer/Urban Digital Gnasher

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Taffenaff

there are some cool buildings far of the sea in Academy from the cliffspawn

Redeemer
    MCDonalds, fighting off the Zombie Horde.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MasterAlex09

When I look through some of the windows in blood drive and Gridlock in general.
    I love the lights in Escalation, they make the map look even better than it already is(Gears 1/No lights, ruined and destroyed) (Gears3/ Before gears 1, new-ish and fine)

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

For me, I get a buzz (this is so sad ) when I look at the distant city on Escalation. The beautiful civilisations in Sera before E-Day. Just has a sentimental feeling for me.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

MSgt. Shooter Person

Honestly, I believe the level design of Escalation is the best one. I don't like the map all that much, but the map has an amazing flow to it without even making you notice. By having one spawn have a significant height advantage, that team is constantly feeling like they should rush down to the other enemy, while the bottom team feels like it should hold it's ground. Because of this, when one team gets cleared out from the bottom, they spawn at the top, essentially making a downhill river. Think about that next time you play Escalation. It's really quite something.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I can't wait to see what they're going going to do with Jacinto in terms of scenery. I bet it's going to be off the chain.